PDA

View Full Version : Kicker extention for hybrid quads????

rtr4mx
06-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm putting a CR500 in my 250r chassis and like most all hybrid builds I have a problem of the kicker not clearing the frame rail. I know that Gibson makes one for the 450, 426, etc but does any one know if it will fit the CR500 as well?? I'm not much into the $200 price tag either. Is there any one else making these out there?? Or am I stuck with building my own by welding a couple of the clamps together or turning some metal off one kicker shaft on a lathe and boring another, press fitting them, then welding them up??? Any thoughts and info welcome.

georgedoggy
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
do a search, youll find heaps of info on this subject. i had a kicker that came with my motor and then i bought another. i had the two knuckles welded together and presto! there is a post on here with a photo that will show you what to do, i followed the same proceedure and its worked well.

good luck

rtr4mx
06-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your reply Georgedoggy, I'm having trouble finding the thread you are refering to though. I can only find one thread and it is an ATC convertion which would not be too different but no pic's of the kicker really. A discription of adding 3/8" to the back of a 250r kicker and then bending it is about all I could find. Do you remember the name of the thread? Or was that it???

QuadJunkies
06-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by georgedoggy
do a search, youll find heaps of info on this subject. i had a kicker that came with my motor and then i bought another. i had the two knuckles welded together and presto! there is a post on here with a photo that will show you what to do, i followed the same proceedure and its worked well.

good luck
this is what we done as well.

rtr4mx
06-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like it should not be a big deal after all.