View Full Version : Hunters...

mitch91
06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
For a couple years now, there has been on going reports of people seing Bob cats. Now last spring, me and some friends were sitting out on the porch, and we hear this scream, we thought the neighbour was killing his wife. And it did it again, it was comeing from a bush not to far away. We thought, this has got to be one of those bob cats. So we hear it from every were, sometimes that bush, sometimes from the other bush around us, and sometimes just in the feilds from our house. ( live in the country). In turkey season, me and my dad were in that bush were we normaly hear it makeing noises from, and right on a fence line were it devides proprties, there is a big den, with big paw prints, bigger than any bobcat. Now a couple weeks ago a lady down the road had a sighting of what she says was a couger on her front lawn, she is not one of those people to tell lies like that, she said it was pusing 200-250 pounds.

So anyways alot of the people on this block have young children, so me and my friends are going back near that den soon and wating till dark to see if it makes a apprence.

Hes gonna be takeing the shot gun with buck shot. And im debating to take either the 22-2-50 or the 243. What one is more powerful? Im thinking about takeing the 22-2-50 because its got a scope and we will be siting a distance from its den.

killerofcrows48
06-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Whats your range? Id take which ever you would be the most accurate with.

mitch91
06-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by killerofcrows48
Whats your range? Id take which ever you would be the most accurate with.

I can shoot further and more accurate with the 22-2 50.

I was kinda of debating though incase something would happen and it came in running or something, because the 243 holds 5 and is pump, were the 22-2-50 holds 4 and is bolt action. And its kinda hard to follow something with a scope at fast speeds. I geuss thats why my friends bringing the shotgun.

And yes we do have our licences, so everything is legal here.

pats2007450er
06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
a 243 is more powerfull than a 22-2-50.a 22-2-50 is more accurate.i would use the 243 with a scope but you dont have a scope on it.use the 22-2-50 with the scope and get about 150yds from him.you shoot it with buckshot your crazy because you would have to be pretty close.when you shoot it,make sure you take a head shot or right behind the front legs.if you wound it,it will go crazy and might charge you.go out about 150yds put your scope on his head and before you shoot tell the guy with the shotgun to get ready.dont shoot him with the shotgun unless he charges.from a distance like that all a shotguns going to do is piss him off.after you shoot him do not walk up to him.if you want i will send you my 30-06rem,300mag,270win.:D good luck

Honda400exrox
06-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
a 243 is more powerfull than a 22-2-50.a 22-2-50 is more accurate.i would use the 243 with a scope but you dont have a scope on it.use the 22-2-50 with the scope and get about 150yds from him.you shoot it with buckshot your crazy because you would have to be pretty close.when you shoot it,make sure you take a head shot or right behind the front legs.if you wound it,it will go crazy and might charge you.go out about 150yds put your scope on his head and before you shoot tell the guy with the shotgun to get ready.dont shoot him with the shotgun unless he charges.from a distance like that all a shotguns going to do is piss him off.after you shoot him do not walk up to him.if you want i will send you my 30-06rem,300mag,270win.:D good luck

303's and 30-06's are somewhat illegal here, because they travel too far and the ground is too flat so there isnt many backstops for bullets,

what about a slug shotgun?

pats2007450er
06-23-2007, 12:41 PM
thats wierd because a 22-2-50 travels further than a 303 and a 30-06 but does not have near the knock down power as a 303 or 30-06.after 200yds a 22-2-50 depends on accurcy and speed.the slug is good for 125yds with a slug barrel.(rifled barrel).the slug and sabot shells for a shotgun pack a punch.the best thing you could do is get 150yds and scope him out.take your time because if you miss you might not make it back home.do not use the shotgun unless he charges.put the crosshares on his head and pull the trigger and get ready to react fast with another shot.see every rifle i own has over and under sights.that way if a deer comes out 300yds i can use the scope and if a deer comes out 100yds i can use open sights.a shotgun is a very good gun if you know how to use it.with a slug at a 100yds will shoot good but if the winds blowing it will throw it off a little.a slug is pretty big and heavy thats why its good for close shots.at distances it loses a lot of momentom because of its size.a slug is a very good brush gun because it has no tip on it.(it has no point on it).say you see a deer in the woods and you shoot at him and the slug hits a tree limb,it will still hit the deer.if you use a high powered rifle and the same thing happend your bullet will ricashade(spelling)off of the limb causing it to miss the deer.a slug is more of a rounded bullet.if you just take your time it will pay off.if you get him in your sights and you start to get scared or nervous dont make the shot.you can do it just take your time.:D

redlineranger
06-23-2007, 01:30 PM
cap him with the 243..... i dont care what time of year it is, i see a bobcat, i shoot the hell out of him. but i prefere to blast em with my savage 270.:scary:

TRX_450
06-23-2007, 04:33 PM
if u were smart youd wait until this winter...and trap him or shoot him with a .22.....the furs worth anywhere from 100-500 bux... and if its a mountain lion youll know the prints will be bigger than your hands and your gonna need a bigger gun that a .243 and a .22-250 to take him down and you might also check your state laws...i know here killin a mountain lion is a federal offense worth a few years in prison and if its a bobcat it wont hurt anything being there and killing it out of season is considered poaching also worth a year or 2 in prison...just a little heads up

06-24-2007, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by TRX_450
if u were smart youd wait until this winter...and trap him or shoot him with a .22.....the furs worth anywhere from 100-500 bux... and if its a mountain lion youll know the prints will be bigger than your hands and your gonna need a bigger gun that a .243 and a .22-250 to take him down and you might also check your state laws...i know here killin a mountain lion is a federal offense worth a few years in prison and if its a bobcat it wont hurt anything being there and killing it out of season is considered poaching also worth a year or 2 in prison...just a little heads up

yeah here's an idea...instead of killing something that is obviously on its way to extinction...why don't you just call the local game commision and have them tranquilize it and relocate it.....i can just see the news "local boy attack by mountain lion"...when it should read "local retard messing around a mountain lion's den, gets what he deserves, his butt chewed off!"

<DRS>GPF
06-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
yeah here's an idea...instead of killing something that is obviously on its way to extinction...why don't you just call the local game commision and have them tranquilize it and relocate it.....

kind of what i was thinking.. :(

Ghost-Rider
06-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Mossberg 500 + Slugs = Dead Cat.

jrwisehart
06-24-2007, 09:01 AM
id shoot it with the 243, i have one with a scope and i have it shooting a 9 inch group at 200 yard, and if it can take down this deer it can take down a bobcat

mitch91
06-24-2007, 09:15 AM
It would be common sence to do so. But if i get the chance to kill it, its going to be dead. Too many little kids on this country block for it to be around. Yeah, the 22-2-50 is lined up perfect, we get coyotes every year with it , with very long distance shots.

The friend with the shotgun was only going to be shooting if it was charging.

Honda400exrox
06-24-2007, 12:50 PM
yeah here's an idea...instead of killing something that is obviously on its way to extinction...why don't you just call the local game commision and have them tranquilize it and relocate it.....i can just see the news "local boy attack by mountain lion"...when it should read "local retard messing around a mountain lion's den, gets what he deserves, his ***** chewed off!"

this guy sounds like the local retard here:rolleyes:

mountain lions are like coyotes, they wont attack anything they are certain the can kill, mountain lions wont attack anything under 40-50 inches tall, ive read that on a few websites now, and tons of poeple have called the game commision, i belive they were called 2 years ago, and still havent caught it, they work wonders:rolleyes:

m.h.s.c.#527
06-24-2007, 01:02 PM
yea lets not endanger mountin lions so they can go in to your neighborhood and kill one of the small children

pats2007450er
06-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
this guy sounds like the local retard here:rolleyes:

mountain lions are like coyotes, they wont attack anything they are certain the can kill, mountain lions wont attack anything under 40-50 inches tall, ive read that on a few websites now, and tons of poeple have called the game commision, i belive they were called 2 years ago, and still havent caught it, they work wonders:rolleyes: then how and the hell do they take down zebra's and water buffalo.:rolleyes:

06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
yea lets not endanger mountin lions so they can go in to your neighborhood and kill one of the small children

ummm they are already endangered....and yeah i read everyday about how they attack children..yeah right....statistics say that the neighbors dog is more likely to attack your kid than a mountain lion....i never understand why people don't just admit that they like killing other things...it has nothing to do with people's safety...it is purely an ego thing...

06-24-2007, 05:07 PM
then how and the hell do they take down zebra's and water buffalo.:rolleyes:

those aren't mountain lions braniac that take down zebras etc...

derekhonda
06-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
i know here killin a mountain lion is a federal offense worth a few years in prison and if its a bobcat it wont hurt anything being there and killing it out of season is considered poaching also worth a year or 2 in prison...just a little heads up

Not if you yell, "It's coming right for us" before you shoot it. haha

Pappy
06-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I love it. Happiness is a large gut pile:devil:

Mxjunkie
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Kill it, skin it, cook it, eat it :devil:

whiteboycustom
06-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jrwisehart
id shoot it with the 243, i have one with a scope and i have it shooting a 9 inch group at 200 yard, and if it can take down this deer it can take down a bobcat

9" at 200 yards is not very good for a scoped rifle maybe open sights but not with a scope.....first thing is to confirm what it is, maybe get a night scope and set up off in the distance maybe get a rabbit and cut its leg and let it loose around where u hear it and see if it will come for the rabbit....u hunt yotes so im sure u have some good calls maybe do a wounded rabbit call and just check it out see what it is...watch and see when it comes out and go back inside im sure it has a routine or something......now if ur local laws say u can shoot it and it is within season then do so if not contact teh game warden and let them know so they can take matters into there hands.....personally i would trap it then mount it on the wall, if i had to shoot it i would use my .308, that rifle is setup for long range so 300-400 yards is what i would look at and i would have my xd45 on my hip so if he wanted to charge but again i would look for a high position to get up off of teh ground yes they can climb but its going to slow him down so i can bust some more rounds off at him....if i lived there to kids would be in at dark or right before dark and i would keep things well lit, they are night cats and they will stalk u and before u know it they are on top of u.....i wouldnt take any chances take it out as fast as u can also to get a good i.d. of what it is get one of those camera's u mount on the tree for deer and put it where u have seen paw prints and maybe u can get some pics of it

whiteboycustom
06-24-2007, 09:21 PM
then how and the hell do they take down zebra's and water buffalo.:rolleyes:

wrong type of lion

mointain lion or couger is 115 to 150 lbs....lions that attack zebras and water buffalo's are 330-500 lbs HUGE difference

CBRSLIDER
06-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Nice buck pappy!!!! Headn to WV this november for some archery hunting. Hope I find one like that!!!!

If the mt. lion in question is starting to impede into the local community then it needs to be taken care of or there will be problems. If the game commission is having trouble trying to take care of the problem make sure that its legal for you to attempt to take care of the problem, otherwise leave it to the game commission. Remember the safety issues of hunting a predator. If everything that you're saying is fact then this is very similar to the problems that they are having out west with the wolves and bears in Yellowstone. Everyone wants to be cuddely cute with them but the fact of the matter is that they are killers. I guess just like me.:macho

"i never understand why people don't just admit that they like killing other things...it has nothing to do with people's safety...it is purely an ego thing..." hmmmmm mt lion kills a mt biker(not a small child), so they hunt it down and kill it before it kills another person. BUT it had nothing to do with people's safety. It was just their ego that made them kill it. WHATEVER!!!!!!! "braniac"

Ray

bwamos
06-25-2007, 07:12 AM
WTH are people talking about.

Are you attempting to hunt down a cougar/mountian lion or a bobcat/lynx.

They aren't even close to the same thing.

Mountian Lions are fairly common cats (though they are becoming more rare). Bobcats are engangered.

They arent near the same size, or look similar.

Bobcat/Lynx = males avg 36 inches long & weigh 22lbs. They primarliy hunt rabbits & small rodents.

Cougar/Mountian Lion/Puma = males avg 96" from nose to tail & weigh 140lbs. They primarily hunt deer, elk, and moose.

Bobcat look like a large tailless housecat, the cougar looks like a brown/tan panther.

Never kill a bobcat, unless you like rabbit and mouse/rat overpopulation.

Cougars can be a bigger issue. Though generally reclusive.

I would personally call the animal control/wildlife dept. yourself. And tell them you have found the lair. I know oyu say people have called.. but do you really trust that someones brother's friends uncle's coworker may have actually placed the call? Do it yourself that way you know it has been done.

As a side note: St Mary's, Ontario is about 700 miles outside of Cougar country. However you are in Bobcat country.

06-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
WTH are people talking about.

Are you attempting to hunt down a cougar/mountian lion or a bobcat/lynx.

They aren't even close to the same thing.

Mountian Lions are fairly common cats (though they are becoming more rare). Bobcats are engangered.

They arent near the same size, or look similar.

Bobcat/Lynx = males avg 36 inches long & weigh 22lbs. They primarliy hunt rabbits & small rodents.

Cougar/Mountian Lion = males avg 96" from nose to tail & weigh 140lbs. They primarily hunt deer, elk, and moose.

Bobcat look like a large tailless housecat, the cougar looks like a brown/tan panther.

Never kill a bobcat, unless you like rabbit and mouse/rat overpopulation.

Cougars can be a bigger issue. Though generally reclusive.

I would personally call the animal control/wildlife dept. yourself. And tell them you have found the lair. I know oyu say people have called.. but do you really trust that someones brother's friends uncle's coworker may have actually placed the call? Do it yourself that way you know it has been done.

why would they call, that could eliminate their chance to kill something? besides the gunrack in the back of the truck creates to much intereference on the new-fangled thing called a cell phone....:rolleyes: ...and anyway i can't wait to see pictures of this moron's half eaten carcus on the internet...:p

Quad18star
06-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Oh boy ... this could get interesting .

Just to let you know , if it is a bobcat that you're going after , expect a $25 000 fine when you get caught and having your guns and anything used for hunting purposes confiscated. The animal you are going after is a protected species ... you WILL get charged with doing so .

Not to sound like a dick ... but that fact that you say 303s and 30-06s are somewhat illegal up here makes me rethink your hunting skills and question if you even having a hunting license . 303s , 308s and 30-06 are the MOST commonly used hunting rifles up here ... and if you'd have taken a hunting course , you'd have known this and would know what the restricted weapons are.

So before you go off shooting and trying to kill an animal that is protected , call up your local conservation authority or the Ministry of Natural Resources and have them come out and live trap the animal. They WILL relocate it to a safe area .

Pappy
06-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Not to sound like a dick ... but that fact that you say 303s and 30-06s are somewhat illegal up here makes me rethink your hunting skills and question if you even having a hunting license .

now you know why those of us that are into real hunting arent taking him serious..lol but those with some agenda are. sad, one moron for killing a cat and one opposed. to bad we cant get them to kill off each other.

whats killed more people on the road, a gun rack or use of a cell phone? city needs to get a grip on reality.

06-25-2007, 02:48 PM
i would say that the people that think hunting is a sport need to get a hold of reality....maybe if they threw some of you in a pit with what nature gave you, and what nature gave some of these animals...the only silly pics i would see of the lot of ya is the one your relatives would be putting in your obituaries....hey i'm not opposed to eating a good cheesburger or some venison from time to time, but shooting at something a mile away with a high powered rifle doesn't seem that adventurous to me....about the only fear you should have is that some drunk redneck on the next hill over might be shooting at you....i bet you "hunters" drool at the thought of being cut loose in a zoo....ooooooo wouldn't that be fun shooting at stuff caged...yipppeeee....oh that's right you can already just about do that down south at some of those places that have deer in enclosures.....

mitch91
06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh boy ... this could get interesting .

Just to let you know , if it is a bobcat that you're going after , expect a $25 000 fine when you get caught and having your guns and anything used for hunting purposes confiscated. The animal you are going after is a protected species ... you WILL get charged with doing so .

Not to sound like a dick ... but that fact that you say 303s and 30-06s are somewhat illegal up here makes me rethink your hunting skills and question if you even having a hunting license . 303s , 308s and 30-06 are the MOST commonly used hunting rifles up here ... and if you'd have taken a hunting course , you'd have known this and would know what the restricted weapons are.

So before you go off shooting and trying to kill an animal that is protected , call up your local conservation authority or the Ministry of Natural Resources and have them come out and live trap the animal. They WILL relocate it to a safe area .

You should get a god dam brain. Subbury and stmarys are the same region?

Got a ground hog today at 350 yards with the 22-2-50. And lined up the 222.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
i would say that the people that think hunting is a sport need to get a hold of reality....maybe if they threw some of you in a pit with what nature gave you, and what nature gave some of these animals...the only silly pics i would see of the lot of ya is the one your relatives would be putting in your obituaries....hey i'm not opposed to eating a good cheesburger or some venison from time to time, but shooting at something a mile away with a high powered rifle doesn't seem that adventurous to me....about the only fear you should have is that some drunk redneck on the next hill over might be shooting at you....i bet you "hunters" drool at the thought of being cut loose in a zoo....ooooooo wouldn't that be fun shooting at stuff caged...yipppeeee....oh that's right you can already just about do that down south at some of those places that have deer in enclosures.....

have you ever hunted? anything besides that cheeseburger?

Pappy
06-25-2007, 03:00 PM
killed with a bow and arrow...btw lerch, killing with a knife or spear is considered in-humane. bone up on the facts before you make ludicris observations on a subject you have no knowledge of.

and that cheeseburger you ate was from a cow that spent its life in with a few thousand others, fed tons of things to promote fast growth then slaughtered without a chance in hell.

you need a drink to wash that down?

mitch91
06-25-2007, 03:00 PM

I dont belive in those either, but there is nothing wrong with killing a deer that isent.

Oh and mr.306, why isent there even a rifle season here for deer?

Ghost-Rider
06-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

and that cheeseburger you ate was from a cow that spent its life in with a few thousand others, fed tons of things to promote fast growth then slaughtered without a chance in hell.
Not ti mention it was also enclosed.I wonder how many people know how veil is made.

Although i dont really like hunting farms.I just dont see the skill in paying your money and wiating for the deer you bought to walk buy you.But as for what he said about shooting things a mile away somtimes you have to.Especially in the mountians and such.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
and to add, where would we be without technology and the brains to use it? ill give up my rifle, you give up your car. i can still fill my freezer with out a rifle, can you live without your car:devil:

my 7 year old with his ultra modern deer killing rifle...and OMG a deer:devil: tasted better then any cheeseburger..yum yum:cool:

06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
killed with a bow and arrow...btw lerch, killing with a knife or spear is considered in-humane. bone up on the facts before you make ludicris observations on a subject you have no knowledge of.

you need a drink to wash that down?

so you were hiding up in a tree....how manly of you....sorry i don't have to killed helpless animals to feed my ego....and i know the inhumane way cows are held and slaughtered....and chickens and such also....but meat just tastes to good..:blah:....but in this day and age i'm not sure i see the need to hunt and kill defenselss animals....other than the fact that people get their jollies over killing something....and if it were up to me they would find a more humane way of slaughtering animals for our comsumption...JMO

and to answer your question; no i never hunted. my father did. but he and mother also worked hard enough to be able to the grocery store and just buy us food...and he has no problem admitting now that it was just for the thrill of the kill....

Pappy
06-25-2007, 03:29 PM
so sherlock, paying someone to kill your meat makes you better then someone who prefers to do it all on their own? i butcher my own beef, hogs and chickens as well as hunt deer, ducks, pheasants, grouse, rabbits, squirells, geese oh and i fish. i also have enough growing in my gardens to sustain my family for the year.

in the end, you paid your money for someone like me to allow your family to eat. i wonder what would happen if that option disappeared. where exactly do you think the grocery stores get their food supplies from? alot of the chicken you eat comes from local chicken houses that sell to larger chains. you have most likely eaten a bird that the nastiest redneck you could envision has handled...pass teh gravy please

:o

whiteboycustom
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
maybe if u knew more about hunting u would know their is alot more to it then just sitting in a tree and shooting at an animal

06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
so sherlock, paying someone to kill your meat makes you better then someone who prefers to do it all on their own? i butcher my own beef, hogs and chickens as well as hunt deer, ducks, pheasants, grouse, rabbits, squirells, geese oh and i fish. i also have enough growing in my gardens to sustain my family for the year.

in the end, you paid your money for someone like me to allow your family to eat. i wonder what would happen if that option disappeared. where exactly do you think the grocery stores get their food supplies from? alot of the chicken you eat comes from local chicken houses that sell to larger chains. you have most likely eaten a bird that the nastiest redneck you could envision has handled...pass teh gravy please

:o

hey if that's they way you make your living all the power to ya....i choose to work harder and more, and just go to the grocery store and buy food....guess what i also pay a garbage man to take my garbage...and i pay some other guy to work on my car....that's what i like about making enough money to pay for these things....because on my free time i'm spending time doing things i like to do...because in the end my time is priceless and can never be replaced...money can...;)

fandl450r
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Here's an idea Dlerch GROW A PAIR! Whine whine whine, complain, insert a random moan. That's your statements in a jist. You sound like a damn woman. That is all.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 03:44 PM
hey if that's they way you make your living all the power to ya....i choose to work harder and more, and just go to the grocery store and buy food....guess what i also pay a garbage man to take my garbage...and i pay some other guy to work on my car....that's what i like about making enough money to pay for these things....because on my free time i'm spending time doing things i like to do...because in the end my time is priceless and can never be replaced...money can...;)

ill lend more credibilty to a farmer who turned a overgrown field into food that people live on.

my time is worth more then the all mighty dollar you seek, and all i see is you spending your free time on this site belittling people. maybe that is how you make yourself look bigger in your eyes, but to the rest of us your just a piss ant.

farm work not hard...lol you'd run back to the air conditioning before the first hay wagon was unloaded, or run in fear from the first 1100 pound bull that stomped his foot at you. stay in the city, the country has no need for the likes of your type

06-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by whiteboycustom
maybe if u knew more about hunting u would know their is alot more to it then just sitting in a tree and shooting at an animal

i assure you i know enough about hunting....i'll put you in a pit with a grizzly or a mountain lion...or even an 8 pt. buck....and all you have in there is what nature gave him and what nature gave you...now that would be a sport that i would pay to see.....

Pappy
06-25-2007, 03:48 PM
nature gave man the ability to create tools and weapons to hunt and defend. your the only one not using the brains god and nature gave you.

06-25-2007, 03:54 PM
ill lend more credibilty to a farmer who turned a overgrown field into food that people live on.

my time is worth more then the all mighty dollar you seek, and all i see is you spending your free time on this site belittling people. maybe that is how you make yourself look bigger in your eyes, but to the rest of us your just a piss ant.

farm work not hard...lol you'd run back to the air conditioning before the first hay wagon was unloaded, or run in fear from the first 1100 pound bull that stomped his foot at you. stay in the city, the country has no need for the likes of your type

ok john denver...your such a country boy....here we go again you putting words in my mouth....last time i checked they ain't trading all those quads you got for bales of hay....so something tells me you aren't to proud to take possesion of a few benjamins...i never said farm work ain't hard, i'm just glad i had the option not to do it...and by the way take a post count....i'm pretty sure you're on here way more than me...and you have no problem bashing people....and something tells me the only way you'd get close to any animal that could do you harm is if you had something that said RPG on the side of it rambo...;)

06-25-2007, 04:00 PM
nature gave man the ability to create tools and weapons to hunt and defend. your the only one not using the brains god and nature gave you.

sure i use a microwave... a car, a radio, a dvd player everyday, but none of those things are needed to bring another living things life to an end needlessly...hey if you have to hunt to keep you and your family alive...all the power to ya...i have a few friends that grow beef cattle...that is their perogative. i hold no ill will towards them or any farmer. we all do what we need to do to survive. but lets call a spade a spade...the type of hunting that we are talking about is pure thrill of killing another breathing thing...period...people just need to fess up to the fact that they need their ego built up by bringing something elses life to an end...

Pappy
06-25-2007, 04:05 PM
funny lerch, you bash country boys, rednecks and the like, and yet i somehow have found a way to have a beautiful home, land. investments and prosperity all while doing the things you seem to hate or look down on.

you are correct, i have a higher post count, with the majority being helpful to members or bringing them race coverage, or conducting business, can you the same or are the majority of yours in threads in the open section stirring the pot calling people names and telling them thier view or way of life is wrong. i think you will find i am correct on my assumptions as usual.

thats your entire problem, you never had to do the things you feel beneath you now, because if you did, you would have found out that just because people dont wear a tie & long sleeve shirt to work doesnt mean they are not superior to many that feel they are lower class individuals.

rambo? man your level is sinking fast.

so, call me john denver all you like, and lay your head down tonight and look over at your wife and think that a hard working redneck got you through your day. btw, hay is running $4 and up a bale and it should spike at around $8 during the winter. what did you make off your yard this year? (take that $8 or $4 times 50,000 or so)

Pappy
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
sure i use a microwave... a car, a radio, a dvd player everyday, but none of those things are needed to bring another living things life to an end needlessly...hey if you have to hunt to keep you and your family alive...all the power to ya...i have a few friends that grow beef cattle...that is their perogative. i hold no ill will towards them or any farmer. we all do what we need to do to survive. but lets call a spade a spade...the type of hunting that we are talking about is pure thrill of killing another breathing thing...period...people just need to fess up to the fact that they need their ego built up by bringing something elses life to an end...

you have spouted far to much against those that make this world tick to try and haplessly save this losing arguement. i fully agree sport killing such as this thread was started as is wrong, but no amount of back peddling will save what you have posted.

shall i expect another pm asking me to stop making you look bad or will you finally realize noone gives a ratts *** about your holier then tho opinions and this mystically group of friends you have that are into everything that you hate that you bring to every arguement to help support your montage of rhetoric.

my hands are dirty, from work. i can speak of it firsthand, i dont need "my friend, i have a buddy" to support what I know.

cletusEX
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Just thought I'd chime in a little. Unlike a few posted bobcats are not listed as an endangered species. They are still hunted and trapped (mostly) in much of there home range. There are strict regulations so I would check before blazing away.

Oh and Pappy I'm one up on you already this year. I smoked a doe with the truck outside of Davis on the way home Saturday night, tore the truck up but man the rush of killing a defenseless deer was worth it. If only I was eating a cheeseburger at the same time, I would have killed two birds with one stone or so to say. All in all definitely fueled the ego. :macho

ZeroLogic
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Animals were design to die and benefit others. This was God's and Natures intent. Us hunters, keep the deer population in tack as well. We use the meat to feed our families and keep the head as a reminder of what Mother Nature blessed us with. If there was no hunting at all in America, just think about the deer population, what else would hunt after deer? A bear? Good luck with that one. But anywho, how could you bash something without trying it or even supporting facts insead of opinions. Your the type of city **** that makes our life that much harder. Take for granted what Pappy wrote to you. ;) Get up from your seat in your air conditioned room and walk outside when its 110+ degrees out and humidity is 100 percent and say to your self, what if I was working outside today. You'll see what hard work is.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Just thought I'd chime in a little. Unlike a few posted bobcats are not listed as an endangered species. They are still hunted and trapped (mostly) in much of there home range. There are strict regulations so I would check before blazing away.

Oh and Pappy I'm one up on you already this year. I smoked a doe with the truck outside of Davis on the way home Saturday night, tore the truck up but man the rush of killing a defenseless deer was worth it. If only I was eating a cheeseburger at the same time, I would have killed two birds with one stone or so to say. All in all definitely fueled the ego. :macho

sorry to hear about the truck, is the gun rack ok:(

greg nailed one on the way there, it was just a blood bath, bambi was #1 on the list this weekend for us manly men ugg ugg ugg:devil:

(i got a squirell:ermm: he went squish)

cletusEX
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
sorry to hear about the truck, is the gun rack ok:(

greg nailed one on the way there, it was just a blood bath, bambi was #1 on the list this weekend for us manly men ugg ugg ugg:devil:

(i got a squirell:ermm: he went squish)

Gun rack survived intact. My "Boob Inspector" hat flew off though (you know how us rednecks love our inappropriate attire :p )!

Pappy
06-25-2007, 04:42 PM
my deepest condolences to the hat, i know how deep them feelings run:(

sideways
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
so long as the FBI shirt made it out (female body inspector)...

and in response to the hard working folks out there
i believe the saying goes "real men shower after work, not before"

Cr85rRida
06-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Pappy and lerch ii just think there is some sort of mis communication going on here.

Lerch is saying how he thinks killing for the sport is wrong, which IMO it is to.

But heres what i see that i dont think lerch does. You (pappy) DO NOT kill for the sport. You hunt these animals because you use them, you utalize "what nature gave them".

This is what makes you diffrent then this guy wanting to kill a mountain lion for the fu(k of it. Your not killing them and keeping the head and throwing the rest away your using the meat the fur and all that.

And i respect that. If your going to kill something then by all means go ahead. Just dont let that life go to waste, thats all i think lerch is trying to say.

You guys went off topic with the manly-ness and who does what for a living. It just comes down to this

Killing an animal for sport is stupid unless your going to utalize its carcass or if your trying to control a population (like deer).

and BTW you dont really eat mountain lion, at least to the extent of my knowing.

whiteboycustom
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
i assure you i know enough about hunting....i'll put you in a pit with a grizzly or a mountain lion...or even an 8 pt. buck....and all you have in there is what nature gave him and what nature gave you...now that would be a sport that i would pay to see.....

watching the outdoors channel doesn't constitute u as "know enough about hunting"

put me in a ring with a wild animal and u can quit ur job and move to the country and live off the land and support ur family with hunting.....and in the end we will both be dead because animals use what they have to kill to eat to survive and cant compare apples to apples with the abilities they have and the strenghth they have and u and ur family will be dead because burger king dont grow on a tree and unless u build ur own power source that a/c wont run to well or that tv or dvd player

so pretty much indians are not men because they shot their food with bow and arrow

face it in one way shape or form what u eat is killed end of story, u have the ones who kill for the meat and the head as a "trophy" of the kill and u have the ones who dont respect the love of the hunt and go and kill and leave it in the woods....yes it feeds other animals but nothing but a kill was gained for that guy

dont put everyone in the same catagory like u do because everyone is different and ur first post in each topic is wood and a match and the post that follow are just gas

IF U WANNA FIGHT, JUST STICK YOUR HEAD UP UR ARSE AND FIGHT FOR AIR

MOFO
06-25-2007, 05:58 PM

You really do not know what your talking about - just like your post about NASCAR being so easy just because they turn left... :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight...you say hunting is so easy and unfair because we choose to evolve by using gods gift of being able to "think and create" - work smarter, not harder? There more to hunting than just pulling out some magical rifle, walking into the woods and pulling the trigger. If you ever spent time hunting, you would understand. I guess I'm just some a-hole looking for an ego boost when I go around and kill ants with a spray or kill a wasp nest with spray. If I was such a man, I would pull each wasp out and smash it between my fingers - one at a time - heck, I should just chew on them like some small snack? Yea, that would make me a real man, right? :rolleyes:

All and all, don't you agree we are at the top of the food chain? Using your logic, we are equal or inferior to other animals on our planet. We hunt for sport - We hunt for food - and god dammit, we hunt because we can. Who the hell are you to look down on ANYONE that enjoy's hunting. I'm sorry your father needed his own ego boost and used hunting to accomplish this - I almost feel sorry for him...

I assure you, when I hunt with my family and friends, looking for an ego boost is not part of our hunting trips.

There are times where you "almost" present somewhat of an argument to debate, but posts like the ones I mention clearly show your lack of knowledge - which makes it a complete waste of time for me to even listen to your response.

Continue on with your uneducated biased point of views... :D

Pappy
06-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
Pappy and lerch ii just think there is some sort of mis communication going on here.

no miscommunication, i knew when this thread started its was pretty much bunk and gave it the attention it deserved. people stupid enough to kill an animal out of season or that are protected will get their just deserves....how do i know? because if he did kill it you damn well know he would post a picture of it and if it was illegal he would be turned in to the proper authorities.

as far as lerch, his ignorance of hunting/hunters is apparent as he has posted his view on the subject. its not the fact he opposes hunting, its the fact that he has to degrade those that do it for food and for the relationship real hunters have for the hunt. as for the rest, i think it speaks volumes.

<DRS>GPF
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
put me in a ring with a wild animal and u can quit ur job and move to the country and live off the land and support ur family with hunting.....and in the end we will both be dead because animals use what they have to kill to eat to survive and cant compare apples to apples with the abilities they have and the strenghth they have and u and ur family will be dead because burger king dont grow on a tree and unless u build ur own power source that a/c wont run to well or that tv or dvd player

so pretty much indians are not men because they shot their food with bow and arrow

wow..:eek2: :eek2: :huh

thats like "football bat" territory..

Originally posted by Cr85rRida
Killing an animal for sport is stupid unless your going to utalize its carcass or if your trying to control a population (like deer).

well said.
but even then, i think its a case of fixing the syptoms and not the cause..

mankind has become a horrible shepard of the flock..:(

06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
You really do not know what your talking about - just like your post about NASCAR being so easy just because they turn left... :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight...you say hunting is so easy and unfair because we choose to evolve by using gods gift of being able to "think and create" - work smarter, not harder? After all, don't you agree we are at the top of the food chain? Using your logic, we are equal or inferior to other animals on our planet. We hunt for sport - We hunt for food - and god dammit, we hunt because we can. Who the hell are you to look down on ANYONE that enjoy's hunting. I'm sorry your father needed his own ego boost and used hunting to accomplish this - I almost feel sorry for him...

I assure you, when I hunt with my family and friends, looking for an ego boost is not part of our hunting trips.

There are times where you "almost" present somewhat of an argument to debate, but posts like the ones I mention clearly show your lack of knowledge - which makes it a complete waste of time for me to even listen to your response.

Continue on with your uneducated biased point of views... :D

i'm not looking down persay....i just feel in this day and age it's not as needed as said. ok maybe the ego thing was a little strong. but i'm sure you can admit that there is a lot of poaching etc out there that is both wasteful and harmful to the people that are out there for food and maybe even to "cull the herd" for the good of the species. we both know that the person that started this thread is doing nothing of the sort. like mentioned by myself and others he would be better off(if it even is a cougar) calling the local wildlife management and getting the animal out of there. or at the very least killed by a skilled proffessional that actually will feel empathy for the wastefulness in killing one of natures fine creations. hey i may have gone off the deep end a little(i felt a little provoked)...but where you speak of god i speak of nature...and i have a strong feeling about whatever nature deemed necessary to create that i should think very seriously about eliminating....that actually is how i sidestep cows etc etc....they are put in pens to procreate by man....JMO

Pappy
06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
not needed....ummm

http://www.fhfh.org/cgi-bin/index.asp

hunters have been feeding people since the days of cavemen. just because its killed in a field and not in a stock yard doesnt really matter when you hunt for food, wether you can afford steroid injected beef or not

whiteboycustom
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
[B]wow..:eek2: :eek2: :huh

thats like "football bat" territory..
QUOTE]

????? haha ummm ok --sings-- im so dee dee dee

<DRS>GPF
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.fhfh.org/cgi-bin/index.asp

hunters have been feeding people since the days of cavemen. just because its killed in a field and not in a stock yard doesnt really matter when you hunt for food, wether you can afford steroid injected beef or not

http://www.fhfh.org/hunger.html

Hunger In America: Hard Facts

More than one-third (38%) of families leaving welfare reported that they ran out of food and did not have money for more. (Urban Institute - 2001)

Approximately 7 million different people receive assistance in any given week (America's Second Harvest - 2001)

96,000,000,000 pounds of food is thrown away each year by the Food Service Industry. (Source: FoodChain )

33.6 million people including almost 13 million children live in households that experience hunger or the risk of hunger. This represents approximately one in ten households in the United States (10.7 percent). (Bread for the World Institute - 2002)

those facts seem to argue the existance of their cause..

according to the facts they chose to provide as the reason for their existance, it appears that gatherers "gather" too easy these days and distribution is whats needed..

from those numbers, 96billion / (33.6million+7million)= approx. 2400lbs per person, per year.
the horn-o-plenty hath runneth over.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 07:11 PM
very perceptive DRS...bringing light to an issue that thankfully we have(over abundance but poor management)
most of the hunters for hungry programs are set up in rural areas where in the city the soup kitchens use what they can., but hunters have been responsible for a large amount of fresh meet getting to these people.

there is a number included with each hunting licsense in each of the 3 states i hunt in to call for donated game. i called one night and within 30 minutes i was in contact with a family right down the road. they took the deer after i butchered it and you would have thought it was christmas morning. im not sure where the closest soup kitchen around here is, but i assure you that its farther then in any city in america.

i also had the pleasure of working next to a food distribution center that gathered food from the food industry and handled dispersing it to people in need in the city. people have a hard time believing me when i tell them that caddys and other cars i cant afford pulled up to roll out with free food because they couldnt afford it. (welfare but driving a caddy)
the biggest issue is getting the supply to those truly in need. not many want to give away food until its right on the cusp of expiring for human consumption whilst they can still profit from it (main goal of business ofcourse) no worries however, those in need can still rely on the good old government cheese to feed themselves. maybe if they learned to hunt and fish they could offset their food needs, its worked since the dawn of man. alas, many cant hunt or fish and must rely on others for their food wether it be welfare driven or the fact they can not produce what they need themselves.

now i feed my family mainly venison (dont believe me, ask a few of the members that have come here and had dinner) we spend less then $250 a year on store bought meat, the rest comes from deer and other animals i harvest and butcher. (i havent found salmon or king crab in the waters around here so we have to buy that if we want it) my wife buys only a small amount of frozen or canned veggys as we freeze and can our own from the garden. if it werent for friggon milk butter and junk food i would have almost a zero grocery bill. this is just the way we want to live as we cant see spending $27 on 4 rib eyes that havent been aged and are tasteless. (you can add your A-1, real steak doesnt need it!) we make our own salsa, pickles, spahgetti sause, tomato sauce, apple butter, chow chow, relish and the list goes on...all at a fraction of what you buy in the store and without the junk they add to them. i dunno about anyone else, but handing someone the coin for something i have the ability and knowledge to produce at a mere fraction of what others have to pay for just makes good sense to me. and i also have food plots on the property to provide next years deer with what they need to get good and tasty, although most of the deer i kill each year come from a farm surrounded by urban sprawl fat on corn and soy beans. and thankfully maryland is so over populated with deer i can pretty much kill unlimited amounts to keep my freezer stocked(thanks to crop damage permits i can do it all year as well...lol)

whiteboycustom
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
damn pappy a man could only dream to live the life u have but yet u live it... good stuff

wvspeedfreak
06-25-2007, 07:50 PM

now i feed my family mainly venison (dont believe me, ask a few of the members that have come here and had dinner)

Speaking of that.....when can we come over for dinner again :D This thread is making me hungry :p

Pappy
06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
damn pappy a man could only dream to live the life u have but yet u live it... good stuff

not sure about a dream, but i enjoy it and get a ton of self satisfaction from the fact i am truly providing for my family. i grew up on a farm and this is how we did things, but i lost all of that when my parents split and it took me many many years to get what i have now. its not for everyone, times change etc....but what if tomorrow you couldnt depend on the store? with alot of the crap going on, mad cow, additives found in food from china etc it is a real world possibilty that our food chain could be disrupted. thats not my main reason for this ofcourse, but knowing my pantries are stocked with food to sustain my family sure makes me feel better when i watch the news. whats really cool is watching my kids get involved, from hunting to planting and harvesting our gardens to helping process all the food. they may grow up and be college punks but they will know where they came from.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Speaking of that.....when can we come over for dinner again :D This thread is making me hungry :p

you know the way in, and i know you can cook:p

and if im telling anything that you know to be untrue, please tell. your family has been here enough to see what the scoop is:D

wvspeedfreak
06-25-2007, 08:02 PM
you know the way in, and i know you can cook:p

and if im telling anything that you know to be untrue, please tell. your family has been here enough to see what the scoop is:D

Nothing untrue here.Kenny has more garden area than I have yard.I have also helped him skin deer in between powdercoating parts before :)

Pappy
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Nothing untrue here.Kenny has more garden area than I have yard.I have also helped him skin deer in between powdercoating parts before :)

lol....noone said visiting would be easy:D

<DRS>GPF
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
dont get me wrong, im with you on the program and its intent. lord knows i love the year supply of jerky from similar things.. (mmmm... jerky...*drools*)

but im aware(as are many others) of those who would use it simply for the "thrill of the hunt".. these are the same that use every available tag they can muster and purposely take much more than theyll use.

as for "handouts.."

maybe if they learned to hunt and fish they could offset their food needs, its worked since the dawn of man.

"teach a man to fish"..
thats more of how i was brought up and a good garden goes a long way..
but it doesnt take a washed-out politician to see the planet is a bit under the weather. mankind has stepped over the line and things should be considered for our children's children.

now i'm not proposing that leaving deer alone will save the earth, but take into account why theyre overpopulated and need to be regulated..
if there's too many in the wild, then why does the big cat move closer to man? the one animal its know to be its most mortal enemy.
what happened to the honeybees? where's the frogs? why cant i fish for wild salmon? my daughter asked me if id heard of a whipoorwill(sp)? i told her i can remember hearing one, but itd been years. it seems that since the coyotes and cats are dead, the rodents have all but wiped out alot of "range" birds..
japanese carp and other "unchecked" fish have ruined rivers and streams..
the signs go on..
for as much as we(modern "dawn of the 21st century man)could possibly be "in tune" with what mystery in nature thats truly left, we've surely forgotten why we were looking.

im just trying to keep from adding to the problem when i can.. ya know.. walk to work, save my cans, plant the leftover nursery trees and so on.. i suppose im a tree hugger at heart.

dont laugh canucks.. when it gets too hot, im moving north.. :blah:

Pappy
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
i didnt look to see where your from, but the east coast is exploding with yote's. there is more deer now then when the english hit our shores and deer are thriving in urban spawl, its perfect for them! (makes for killer bowhunting as well)

california always has reports of yotes and cats attacking people and pets these days, why i dont know. did not the cat get the memo that people live there now...lol

nature will always find a way, wether we are left here or not, and although im no tree hugger, i sure as hell leave a smaller foot print then my city brethren who want me to stop hunting bambi and riding my quad as they continue to run their lives off the very ones they hate so. when they stop building concrete cities ill worry, until then they just want the rest of us to live differently so they can sleep better at night.

and i with you on the fish, we arent allowed(supposed) to eat more then 1 pound of fish caught in any river or stream in this region thanks to pcb's.

as far as the tags, the DNR (what ever game sanctioning body in your area) sets out the number of tags they want filled so if one hunter fills all available tags it is merely meeting their designated qouta.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
maybe i should catch another one of these and ship it off:devil:

hey lerch, no rpg used, want one:confused: alive that is:devil: ill just leave it in your mailbox, UPS doesnt like handling them:eek2:

mitch91
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
no miscommunication, i knew when this thread started its was pretty much bunk and gave it the attention it deserved. people stupid enough to kill an animal out of season or that are protected will get their just deserves....how do i know? because if he did kill it you damn well know he would post a picture of it and if it was illegal he would be turned in to the proper authorities.

as far as lerch, his ignorance of hunting/hunters is apparent as he has posted his view on the subject. its not the fact he opposes hunting, its the fact that he has to degrade those that do it for food and for the relationship real hunters have for the hunt. as for the rest, i think it speaks volumes.

Darn straight ill post as a pic. Ill show the game warden to. The amish down the road got a bob cat. Game wardents want them shot, there a threat. People north of us shot huge ones, they got a pat on the back.

mitch91
06-25-2007, 11:59 PM
We Went to the bush were we heard the screaming noise it made friday nite, on saturday afternoon, we had, guns, we just wanted to take a look around, we found tracks, and a coon skull and some fur lying around one of the holes, there were also alot of deer tracks out there, but it looked like they got out of that bush in a hurry, I saw it sunday night crossing the road, coming home after giving my friend a ride home, it was standing beside some road kill on the road, it looked at me and camly walked off the road. They are a big animal, with a long tail. I Dont know about my little brother, but I never really had the intent of killing it, just if it did end up attacking us, then I read up on it a bit, but we still took protection, Id rather have a gun and not need it, then not have one and need it, and im with you pappy, deer steaks are the best thing i have ever eaten:blah: :)

Quad18star
06-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Might91 or Honda400exrox ... which ever of you has mxman6969@hotmail.com

Do you talk to your mother with the same language that you left me a message on MSN Instant Messenger at 2am when I'm not around to rip you a new hole?? Someones has got to teach you some vocabulary skills ... you used the word F**k 4 times in your 15 word sentence. Go back to school instead of trying to play Rambo with a bobcat ... you're just going to end up getting yourself hurt.

mitch91
06-26-2007, 08:16 AM

Do you talk to your mother with the same language that you left me a message on MSN Instant Messenger at 2am when I'm not around to rip you a new hole?? Someones has got to teach you some vocabulary skills ... you used the word F**k 4 times in your 15 word sentence. Go back to school instead of trying to play Rambo with a bobcat ... you're just going to end up getting yourself hurt.

Thats not me.

Sorry about being a dick in here though, when people autimatically assume things, thats one of the things that pis* me off the most.

Honda400exrox
06-26-2007, 10:59 AM

ya that was me....you come on here saying that 303s-30-06's are legal wayyyyy the hell up north, we live in souther ontario, I dont know if you have ever been down here, but it is most likely more populated and flat with less bush then you have, so think and maybe know the area before you start spewing your "knowledge" at me about spelling and grammar

bwamos
06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Darn straight ill post as a pic. Ill show the game warden to. The amish down the road got a bob cat. Game wardents want them shot, there a threat. People north of us shot huge ones, they got a pat on the back.

Originally posted by mitch91
I saw it sunday night crossing the road, coming home after giving my friend a ride home, it was standing beside some road kill on the road, it looked at me and camly walked off the road. They are a big animal, with a long tail.

Bobcats do not have long tails. They have a "bobbed" tail. Hence the term bobcat.

It's probably a cougar. I have even seen a few here in the Kansas City, Missouri area. I think the urban sprawl hitting the west central area (Eastern edge of the rockies) is causing the big cats to migrate eastward for food.

Compare Montana & Colorado now vs. 20 years ago.

If it looked like this picture you are dealing with a Cougar / Mountian Lion / Puma / American Panther.

At near threatened status. They can be dangerous. If you saw this in the town, I'd definatly be hassling the authorities every day. (The squaeky wheel gets the grease).

bwamos
06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Standard Bobcat/Lynx (in your region)

Currently protected under endangered species act.

bwamos
06-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Canadian Lynx also near your region.

also on the endangered species list, also not a threat. They hunt snowshoe rabbits.

Quad18star
06-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
ya that was me....you come on here saying that 303s-30-06's are legal wayyyyy the hell up north, we live in souther ontario, I dont know if you have ever been down here, but it is most likely more populated and flat with less bush then you have, so think and maybe know the area before you start spewing your "knowledge" at me about spelling and grammar

Listen here buddy ... just because you live in southern Ontario doesn't mean that high powered rifles are illegal. You can own as many rifles as you wish. Again , if you have your Firearms License you'd have already known this because you would have had to take a course or challenge the test. High powered rifles are an unrestricted firearm , therefore you can go and spend your entire pay check and buy up the store's entire stock. The firearms license , under the Gun Resgistry Act, governs ALL of Canada and doesn't exempt or have special rules for ANY part of the country.

Now as far me ever going to London , I've been there plenty of times , thanks. Spent many weekends down there and over in St.Thomas at the drag strip. I was even down in London a couple weeks ago doing some cost estimating for a big water and sewer job that a local company here in Sudbury was granted. There's more ******* trees , hills and farms in London and surrounding areas than there is in Sudbury.

You have me completely confused with this part of your sentence ...."know the area before you start spewing your "knowledge" at me about spelling and grammar " ... Please tell me what knowing something about your area has to do with grammar. Your little run-on sentence that you left me on MSN lastnight spoke mountains about your vocabulary ... it had more F**k You's in it than anything else and something about me being a c**k sucker ?!?!?!:rolleyes:

400exrider707
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
BWAMOS -

Bobcat and Lynx are two completely different animals, just to clear it up. Yes they are similar and look alike, but they are two separate animals.

cletusEX
06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
BWAMOS -

Bobcat and Lynx are two completely different animals, just to clear it up. Yes they are similar and look alike, but they are two separate animals.

And Bobcats are hunted in certain states. They may be on the endangered species list on a state level in some states but I know you can hunt them in Wisconsin, Maine, and Montana. They are classified under CITES but are not considered threatened with extinction, so hunting is regulated.