PDA

View Full Version : chevy guys

smokeu400
06-23-2007, 01:13 AM
well to start i have a 1997 caviler....my passanger side head light doesnt work....i replaced the bulb it still doesnt work....then when i play my raido above 15 and hit the breaks the raido cuts out.....just 10 mins ago i tryed to start the car and it would turn over and stall....then i tryed to pump the gas while it turned over it usualy starts then...but the throtle didnt work....anyone have any idea what could be wrong? i found a recal on the electrical system but would i still be able to get it replaced for free even tho the car is used? here is the recal i found its the ignition one

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/09-int/1997/chevrolet/cavalier/index.html

enduro400rider
06-23-2007, 01:20 PM
sounds like you got more electrical problems than i would ever want to think about, i would start by checking ALL your wiring and fuses. sounds like you have something draining alot of power someware, could be a bad wire, check your grounds too

Blue250X
06-23-2007, 06:51 PM
For the throttle problem it could be that there is a leak in your fuel line and when you let the car sit for a little all the pressure leaks out and you have to pump the gas to get the fuel pressure back up, to test it you can go outside and confirm it wont start, then turn the key off, and turn it to the "ON" position but do not start it, just let the fuel pump turn on. Then turn the car off and repeat that a few more times, then try to start the car and see if thats the problem. Hope I helped.