PDA

View Full Version : Should i feel bad?

charger90
06-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Ive got an 07 450er with a HMF Bill Ballance slip-on, HRC kit, and K&N with no lid. My buddy has an 07 Raptor 700SE Fuel Injected with a Trinity full exhaust, Programmer, and K&N with no lid. We raced a few weeks ago when we were both stock and he beat my by a quad, but when we swithed bikes he beat me by a bike on mine. Fast forward to today when we both have our mods, same scenario. One guy even got on my bike and raced him and beat him. Ive only had this bike 6 months and this was my first sport bike. I feel ****ty for losing but i want to know if i just need to practice racing more or just give up on beating this guy? Usually it doesnt bother me but this is really eating at me. What do you guys think?

CarGuy7a
06-23-2007, 12:56 AM
heck no you shouldn't feel bad. sounds to me like you didn't get beat by the quad but by the rider. not saying your a bad rider or anything. it also means that you have the quad to smoke em you just need more seat time on it. stick with it and you'll smoke em everytime.

CHEVYZ
06-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Don't feel bad-it isn't anything to do with your bike. the reason you are losing could be from a number of things-most likely is that he/they are simply better riders than you are at this point. With time you will get better, and I would be willing to bet that you could put a spanking on that Raptor.

Say, I see that you are from Louisiana. Where do you ride at around here-or is it a more local/private type deal?

rlplive
06-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't see why people get so caught up on drag racing quads. Go race in the woods or on the track and see who wins. Thats what these things were made for

charger90
06-23-2007, 11:16 PM
we ride up at the LA dunes in forrest hill. they also got a new track opening soon in Laccassine and one in Topsy, dont know if ur familiar. But im originally from north Louisiana but live in Lake Charles. I heard there was a good track in Sicily Island, up around Monroe too.

billyboy
06-26-2007, 06:13 AM
9 out of 10 times its the rider. Rarely is it the bike. The 400ex whoppin on a 450R thread is a classic example. "man am I p.o.'ed I just purchased a new 450R and my buddies 416ex beat me today"? I hate these threads! But close to the same scenario. Its not the bike its the fight in the dog riding/driving the bike!:devil:

I saw a video on youtube the other day of a slightly modded 700raptor beating a slightly modded 450R... C'mon. I live in the sticks and everyone down where I live has an ATV of some sort. They all got to laughing a couple weeks ago when my cousins came down and we went for a ride. I just got a parts bike put back together and decided I was going to ride it to break it in. My cousin has a sweeeeeet 450R (05) runs AWESOME never had a problem with it, ever. I could not pass him but I could hang with him all day long. Especially in the drags. On a 400ex with nothing more than a stage II cam and a full FMF system. Again I could not pass him but I was hanging write at the back tire all day long...

Trust me its the RIDER.
Oh and that 400 is torn down getting new rings on a that new piston.:D

CHEVYZ
06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by charger90
we ride up at the LA dunes in forrest hill. they also got a new track opening soon in Laccassine and one in Topsy, dont know if ur familiar. But im originally from north Louisiana but live in Lake Charles. I heard there was a good track in Sicily Island, up around Monroe too. You should stop by in the where to ride forum sometime....there are alot of us that ride out there all the time. We are going to LA Dunes this weekend, actually....and we are always looking for new people to ride with. The track in Siciliy Island is pretty good....if you go, go for the Clash!

chris46250r
06-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
I don't see why people get so caught up on drag racing quads. Go race in the woods or on the track and see who wins. Thats what these things were made for

Its a guy thing. We all want to know whose got the fastest _____ ( fill in the blank with anything a guy owns). I've even lined up in the driveway and raced the neighbor on the lawnmower.

billyboy
06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I've even lined up in the driveway and raced the neighbor on the lawnmower.

:D That is funny

chris46250r
06-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
:D That is funny

He's an old dude. Tickles the crap outta me and him.