PDA

View Full Version : I'm done

mrshoer
06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Well I thought I was going to buy an Outlaw but after all the crap that you guys are having to put up with, I'm bailing out. I've been a Polaris fan forever but I'm tired of them trying to re-invent the wheel.

Most of us wanted a light Pred 450. They answered back with the heavier Outlaw. Then they broke it off in the Outlaw500 owners with the 525. And now there's talk of a Outlaw450?! Come on! I would be flat out pissed if I had bought into the original Outlaw500. I know plans and designs change but if the 525 and the 450 was thier ultimate goal, they should have waited untill they were ready.

Bad business.......

OutlawBill
06-22-2007, 06:58 PM
If the Outlaw 450 is SRA it should due great, only time will tell. grinding the bumps off the lower rear A-arms solves 90% of the wheel rub 10 inch wheels no problem.

06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
if the a arm fix was as simple as a grind, dont yu think polaris' engineers would have done it between the 06 and 07 production? i think those chunks are to reinforce the a arm, im scared even if it does fix it that it will recreate another problem!

Evasiveone
06-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Those nubs are only there to release the arms when being made.

I really do not understand the incessive whinning about a few scratches on the inside of a rear rim? Mine has them ever since my first ride. Big freaking deal!!!! Debris gets in there and makes some scratches, it does not hinder the performance of this machine at all. You have a substantially greater chance of getting a flat from a thorn, rock, stick, cactus or countless other things puncturing your tire than your a-arms actually rubbing a hole in the inner rim.

These machines were made for extreme rough trails in the outdoors and scratches and dirt better be expected. If you guys want trailer queens then keep them out of the dirt.

nytfr8
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Well said, I ride the crap out of my 06 Outlaw and don't get real excited over a few scratches. When I first bought my Outlaw I put an hour meter on it and I have had the machine for exactly 1 year and I was just looking at my hour meter and it shows 457 hours. I am on my 5th set of tires 3rd handlebars, 3rd set of front A-arms, and I would not be affraid to buy another Outlaw at all.

06-22-2007, 09:48 PM
I BOUGHT MINE TO RIDE SO WHATEVER ABOUT TRAILERS, THIS BIKE HAS COUNTLESS PEOPLE "WHINING" ABOUT THE RIM ISSUE THAT I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT UNTIL I CAME HERE BECAUSE MY BRAND NEW 525 WAS DUMPING MAD AMOUNTS OF OIL OUT, TRYING TO FIND CORRECT OIL CAUSE OWNERS MANUAL IS WRONG, STUMBLE ACROSS RIM ISSUE, I HOPE THERE IS NO PROBLEM,HELL, I EVEN WENT AS FAR TO SAY I WOULD BUY NEW RIMS IN A YEAR IF I HAD TO, BUT COMBINE THE RIMS AND THE FACT THAT THE ENGINE IS LEAKING FROM A ENGINE CASE BOLT, COME ON, TELL ME YOU WOULDNT BE PISSED IF YOU WANTED TO RIDE AND YOUR BIKES MY BIKE? AND IVE HEARD FROM PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THERE WHOLE WHEEL GOT EATEN THRU LETTING THE AIR OUT? IS THIS TRUE? WHO KNOWS, BUT IT DOESNT GIVE AN OLD HONDA customer much faith in their new 7 thousand dollar purchase. if you want i would be glad to talk to any of you in person, in real life or on the phone 765 474 2029, call me, or come over, but dont try to bash me on here just cause my quads quality is less then..... anyways take care. chad snyder PS nytfr8, buy mine, 5500.00 cash , you got my number, i just bought it friday, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

katch26
06-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by mrshoer
Well I thought I was going to buy an Outlaw but after all the crap that you guys are having to put up with, I'm bailing out. I've been a Polaris fan forever but I'm tired of them trying to re-invent the wheel.

Most of us wanted a light Pred 450. They answered back with the heavier Outlaw. Then they broke it off in the Outlaw500 owners with the 525. And now there's talk of a Outlaw450?! Come on! I would be flat out pissed if I had bought into the original Outlaw500. I know plans and designs change but if the 525 and the 450 was thier ultimate goal, they should have waited untill they were ready.

Bad business.......

you must have read my thread cause I said the SAME thing. IF the outlaw 450 is a sra than they may have something but when its another irs system with the exact same problems as the current one that will tear it for me and me and Polaris will be through. One question though....Why is it whining when someone pays 7000+ for something that is breaking BECAUSE of poor quality?, and if the fix is as simple as grinding the nubs why is the consumer responsible for fixing it?, why are the ones being produced right now still coming unfixed? If polaris is "unaware of the problems then why do the sell set of just the rear rims through Pure Polaris? Again no front rims JUST the problematic rears.

TYLER329
06-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Dude thats unreal that you have 457 hours on your Outlaw! I am going to put an hour meter on my new one! Thats alot of freaking riding! My Outlaw 500 was awesome too. I wasn't mad that the 525 came out. You gotta remember machines aren't designed and manufactured in 5 months. A new machine takes 2-3 years to engineer and tool for production. The rim deal is no big deal at all but what is this talk about oil leaking. We have sold several 525's and have not had one leak oil. Where does it leak from? I had a guy strip out the drain plug but that has been the only problems. If there is an oil leak than it should be warranty if it is in the 6 month warranty period.

mrshoer
06-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I just think that Polaris hasn't answered the demand from the public, In all catagories . . .Utility, Sport, and now the side by side.

Instead of making current product better, it get's tossed to the side and they produce something completely different.

Polaris needs to quit trying to re-invent the wheel.

TYLER329
06-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Havn't answered the public with the side by sides? Go try and buy a Razor right now. We have them sold out til August and I think every dealer does right now. Did they give the public a Rhino clone like Kawasaki? No. They went a differnet direction and thats why it selling so well. Just like the sport quads and the IRS. One more 450 SRA would have just got lost in the shuffle so they came out with something a little different with the 525. As far a utility goes the Sportsman 500 is one of the best selling atv's in the U.S. Reinventing the wheel works pretty darn well for them. Because of them every almost every utility is EFI, IRS, and automatic.

TyOutlaw525
06-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I have a 525 that just showed up at the dealer from polaris.
theres no rubbing, nor is there any rubbing on any outlaw ive seen in person.
the oil leaking issue your having is a ktm drain plug motor. and is a easy fix over at ktmtalk.com.
your two issues are hardly a head ache and would take less than a day to fix.
other than your issues. how can it possible out way a irs ktm powered quad? pretty tough to beat. and the trade off is your buying a first year production run of the bike. theres going to be issues. honda has had there fair share, so has yamaha and suzuki.
part of your oil issues are in the manual as well

my 2 cents. fix your a arms, by grinding out get different rims. and fix the damn oil leak.

nuff said

ps the ps4 oil from polaris is right.

katch26
06-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I thought they had a good thing going when they first introduced the outlaw cause they had one of each. I wasnt thrilled when the outlaw was released cause AGAIN it wasnt what people wanted. People have been looking for a 450 from polaris and got the outlaw which like I said was good umtil they totally stopped developing the predator.

TYLER329
06-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I personally think that the Outlaw 450 will be SRA. I think that they want to start using one name across the board for the sport quads.

katch26
06-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I hope so too, I think if they just call it the Outlaw for names sake then thats fine with me. But Polaris put all the eggs in one basket with the outlaw so I think theyre going to just swap the jug on the motor and call it good.

mrshoer
06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Tyler329- The Rzr is great. But not for those of us who still want to be able to make it a 4 seat sxs. I love my Ranger but it would have been nice if we could have gotten an updated version w/ dual a-arms, new motor etc etc. Guess I'll have to sell it and by a Rhino?

06-23-2007, 03:57 PM
tyoutlaw525, 1st, you must not know where to look, or the outlaw in your dealer is new, all of them rub! 2nd, if you read my post, i said i could care less about the rims(PRETTY LAME THOUGH) and i would buy new ones when needed, if its as easy as a grind, polaris would have done it, my oil leak, "genius", is coming from a case bolt, CASE BOLT, NOT A DRAIN PLUG, READ MY POST, DONT JUST TYPE , CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK 7654742029, DONT TELL ME when you dont know, im a certified tech, im not retarded, a brand new engine shouldnt dump all, thats right, all the friggin oil out!, go buy one that does that that you intended to ride then call me, and as far as the oil, no it isnt right in the owners manual, it states always use ow-50, so it isnt very clear and none of the dealers within 100 miles including where i bought it had the oil, filters, or the o rings so whatevers clever.

TyOutlaw525
06-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Dear, Certified KTM tech Chad 525

First of all, i own and ride a outlaw 525 three times a week. and i owned a outlaw 500 but traded it for the 525.

my 525 dosnt rub at all. and never has. im sure some of them do.

so quit whining, fix your ****, and ride it.

as far as ktm motors go, they are as solid as they come and have 4 bikes (1 being my outlaw) with the 525 or 450 motors in them.

so your a certified tech? (telephone dosn't count.)
shouldnt you know what oil to put in a standard ktm 4 stroke motor? "ow-50" is what it says in a ktm manual too. a pretty good refrence point for a certified tech such as yourself.

ps. the oil and filters are the same as the bikes.

your leaking from a case bolt.... which one? pretty sure your mistaken. as either they are isolated, or not machined through.

also, again considering your a certified tech, it dumping two quarts of oil or 1.9ls (you knew that, your a tech)
isnt that kind of ****ing difficult out of a case bolt? but isnt a simple fix considering your vast sea of knowledge?

but if i were you.

i would fill it up with oil again, let it drip out, wreck my rims, and be a miserable ***.

have a good one techy.

ps, thoes of you that are having issues, take it to your ktm dealer and have them fix it up within 6 months, or send it back as someone stated above.

also, why would i call you. that just play creeeepy lol.

:D

06-24-2007, 07:12 AM
dumb dumb :eek2: Do your rims rub,gas tank leak,does oil pour out of your motor,do you need to rejet as soon as you pick it up,weak steering stem ,wheel bearing & bushing failures,does your seat fall off.Well you must be on the new and improved outlaw. :huh lol

06-24-2007, 09:13 AM
tybaby, book says 0w- 50, 1800polaris corporate ,( JOSH in particular, told me it was, for sure a 2w-50, ktm dealer in terra haute, told me they run 5w-50???? confused yet?) MY OWNERS MANUAL SAYS 40 OZ(1.2 LITERS, NOT 1.9 LITERS "TECHY" BUT YOUR REALLY SMART, PROBABLY JUST A TEST HUH TY?(PAGE 117 IN MY OWNERS MANUAL)if your scared to call me or meet me, then just say that your scared, but obviously not to type your mouth off here, 1st of all, the ktm engine and the polaris ktm 525 ARE NOT THE EXACT ENGINE. According to ktm in terra haute indiana who races abroad in europe and in the states claims they ship from ktm with probably a shell motor oil in them when it is in a ktm bike, however genius, the ktm 525 IN THE OUTLAW, is loaded with ps-4 plus(which for us people with a brain is known as a p-o-l-a-r-i-s o-i-l, (slow for the tards) so genius, I WAS WANTING TO TOP MINE OFF, TO TRACK THE LEAK DOWN, NOT MIX OILS OR CHANGE IT BECAUSE NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE IN MY 150 MILE AREA HAD THE FREGGIN OIL OR FILTERS OR O RINGS!!! OR WE CLEAR! number 2, I dont work for polaris , like most the techs at polaris I AM ALSO NOT KTM CERTIFIED AND NEVER CLAIMED TO BE, I AM A TECH, JUST NOT FOR KTM OR POLARIS, BUT I KNOW THE GENERAL IDEA BEHIND AN ENGINE, SEE TY, THERE ALL THE SAME FOR THE MOST PART number 3, A GIRL, NOT TO MENTION a certified tech would know however, CASE BOLTS, HOLD THE CASE TOGETHER, THEREFORE, THE DO GO THROUGH THE CASE, ARE YOU 14 YEARS OLD LOGGING ON WITHOUT YOUR MOMS PERMISSION, CALL ME OR QUIT TYPING STUFF TO ME THAT IS PURE B.S, I CALLED KTM TECHS, POLARIS TECHS AND POLARIS CORPORATE TO GET MY ANSWERS, IVE WORKED IN THE BUISNESS FOR 5 YEARS, AND IM NOT 14! 7654742029 IF YOU WANT TY, YOU AND YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOL FRIENDS CAN PRANK CALL ME NOW!!! BALLS IN YOUR COURT OR WILL YOU GET GROUNDED FOR CALLING LONG DISTANCE. WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY, DOES YOUR DAD OWN THE LOCAL POLARIS DEALER? PS NOT ALL THE OIL CAME OUT, BUT ENOUGH TO EMPTY MY SIGHT WINDOW, IS THAT ENOUGH FOR ANY OF YOU GUYS TO BE P.O 'D ON YOUR 1ST OUTTING ON YOUR NEW OILLAW 525??????

mrshoer
06-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Nice!

OutlawBill
06-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Lappy the Raptor has it share of problem like too tall and tipsy, 01 transmission blowing up, and cylinder head studs pulling out. The 660 carb jetting problem is was easy to solve just spent $1000 for new carbs, and the 700 is slower than the 525. Broken frame on the 700, not able to add a long range gas tank on the 700. Other quads and bike have problems like the 07 KFX 450 and KTM bike leaking gas tanks, KFX bent frames, TRX 450 kick starter breaking the case if not started correctly, LTR450 breaking lower shock mount, EFI problems for KFX, LTR and 700R, Buy a pipe have too spend $200+ for a new fuel control module. All stock quads have weak steering steams. Some quads have seats as hard as a rock (YFZ, KFX). So lappy if you have nothing but a ***** just go away and pleas stop the bashing.

Evasiveone
06-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Just take the bike in to the dealer and have them fix the leak. Do not understand why that is so hard to do.

As far as the oil the 0w-50 is Polaris PS-4 and the 2w-50 is the PS-4plus. The difference between the 0 weight and 2 weight is very insignificant. The difference between the two is the Plus oil has a higher sheer rating. KTM currently uses the MotoEX 10W-40 oil for its 525 engine. Any high quality synthetic oil will work in the 525 in the weight range for your regional temperature. A lot of people use the Bel Ray line, Amsoil line and the Rotella T-synthetic. And the 525 bike engine is the same engine as the quad. The only exception is the quad has more oil capacity and a 200 watt stator.

As far as filters just go to any KTM dealer and buy the filters and o-rings. I buy mine from CycleZone.com. Both the short and long filter are only $8.30. The valve cover gaskets for valve adjustments are only $2.77 (part # 58036053000)

And Lappy the problems for your ride would actually be longer. (fan that does not work, vapor locking, upper aluminum a-arms breaking, gas boiling, reoccuring TPS sensor problems, Oil drain threads stripping from the case, sub frame bending before grab bar does..... I could go on but you get the point. There is not a machine that is flawless made and your ride is definately far from it also.)

edit- LOL Bill you beat me to it! He is just still upset that the 525 is faster than his yellow 700.

06-24-2007, 11:47 AM
" I WAS TRYING TO TOP IT OFF AND TRACK THE LEAK DOWN" FOR THE 10TH TIME. YOU CANT MIX THE OILS AND I COULDNT GET 74.3 MILES TO THE NEAREST KTM DEALER FOR FILTERS AND I DIDNT WANT TO SPEND 50 BUCKS ON THE NEW SYN AND FILTERS AFTER 1 HOUR, JUST GO RIDE AND DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. LIKE I SAID THE ENGINE IS DIFFERANT. I GOT 3 DIFFERANT STORIES, POLARIS DEALERS, CORPORATE AND KTM DEALERS. YOU SAID THERE NOT DIFFERANT, JUST OIL CAP AND 200 WATT GIG, YOUR REAL SMART TOO, DIFF OIL CAPACITY ALONE IS A DIFFERANCE CORRECT EVERYONE, AND A CASE BOLT THAT DOES NOT HAVE A COPPER WASHER( WHICH THESE DONT AND ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO HAVE BEHIND THE BOLT HEAD INDICATES TO ME AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT THERE IS INDEED A PROBLEM BECAUSE OIL SHOULD NOT BE GETTING PASS THE THREADS , CALL ME IF YOU GUYS, LIKE THESE GUYS ARE KNOW IT ALLS. I HATE PROVING YOU ALL WRONG IN FRONT OF THE WORLD NOT TO MENTION I HATE TYPING. SO PLEASE CALL ME 7654742029. THANK YOU AGAIN , CHAD SNYDER

bossman525
06-24-2007, 11:49 AM
i agree with evasivone and bill NAPPY, there is'nt a quad out there that is perfect as you think your raptor is. all quads have problems everynow and again, some small, some big, some none at all, the only problems i have had is my rear wheels rubbing, no big deal, took the advice off the forum and filed down the end of the rear a arms. and also jetting it. it took me 35 minutes to do it not that long for somebody that has never jetted a carb. so SAPPY, why don't u go hang out in the raptor section, or does no one like you lip there either. and chad, just take it to your dealer and ***** to them about your problem and keep *****ing until they fix it, it sounds like an isolated problem nothing like i've seen thru out the forum. good luck tho.

TyOutlaw525
06-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by lappy
dumb dumb :eek2: Do your rims rub,gas tank leak,does oil pour out of your motor,do you need to rejet as soon as you pick it up,weak steering stem ,wheel bearing & bushing failures,does your seat fall off.Well you must be on the new and improved outlaw. :huh lol

yes i had to rejet, i was far to lean for where i live.
no my rims do not rub, perhaps my polaris dealer fixed the problem before i picked it up.
oil dosnt pour out of my motor. and if it did i would most certainly be taking it back to polaris getting it fixed or replaced
my seat dosnt fall off, because it is clipped on the bottom.
my wheel bearings and bushings are great.

maybe i do have a new and improved outlaw.

but somhow i doubt it.

chad, cleary your just mad. and enjoy ranting on the forums. thats fine.

the oils u lister, as stated before are virtually the same, aside from sheer, and synthetics for break in.

1.6L, typo on my part, i was going by memory from when i did my last change.

regardless, your a genious.

and are excellent at dealing with your issues.

as far as case bolts go, which one is it?

and seeing how your so smart, why are you asking for help on a fourm.

and if your not intrested in typing dont.

send it back and go buy a honda foreman.

mr chad snyder. you sir, are a douche.

moving on. My bike runs better than ever!

06-24-2007, 12:33 PM
See the difference is Yamaha fix's the probs where po po just keeps giving you junk.**** read half the posts on this outlaw section.Faster lets see 1 mag say no the other says by a hair if you have a perfect run.But once you start to mod them your poor outhouse's just cant keep up. :D

bossman525
06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
yea, whatever you say nappy

06-24-2007, 12:56 PM
im not asking for help, im making people aware, as far as the bolt, it is on the left side of the quad(when sitting on it)directly under the rear oil filter under the empty bolt hole, yeah, thats the one, i do enjoy the forums, but i really enjoy riding a high performance quad thru my trails with out stopping and adding oil, thats just gay, as far as the douche commit, im pretending i like you right now, or i would go onto say things of your loved ones and such, trust me, im real good at saying stuff like that. if i was like all you other people , who havent had issues and there 525 is great, I would be riding , not on here with you, i came looking to find correst oil specs. thats it, not for you to act like a 14 year old kid whos scared to call me in person or come over, i will show you the bolt in real life and then, after you think, hey, if i just spent 7 grand, i guess i would be disappointed too. Just think about it before you type me more of your b.s.

TyOutlaw525
06-24-2007, 12:58 PM
what did your dealer say?

bossman525
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
well than rather than bashing on peoples loved ones, thank god you havent, get off the computer, take it to your dealer and raise holy hell like you have been doing on this forum, get it fixed, put 0-50w or 2-50w or 10-50w oil in it, the weight i really dont think matters and than stop b$$$$ing and enjoy your machine. honestly, i dont think you would have been happy with any quad you bought

06-24-2007, 05:59 PM
dearest ty, and mr bossman, my dealer is waiting to hear from polaris on what they are going to do, but the service mgr told me they would probably yamabond the bolt, which is b.s( not acceptable, but waiting to tell them that when they get that answer, im on hold til then, the fact is , is like i said before, the bolt does not come with a copper washer, therefore ktm never intended the engine getting oil past the threads i:e a problem, somethings not right if its a gskt out of place internally or maybe i have a bad case, either way, who wants to pay and not play,? any takers??? as far as you bossman, i was happy with both my trx450r's my 2005 and 2007, however i am a consumer and an american, so yeah, im always wanting better then i got, i just thought i wanted the convience of reverse and the irs, because i dont race, i have about 50 acres no one has been in for about 60 years other then to mushroom hunt or trespass, see, theres a bunch of down huge trees and such and im not bill ballance. thanks guys for your comments, lots of love chad. PS LIKE I SAID, IF THIS WAS YOURS ON YOUR FIRST TRIP OUT...WHO WANTS TO PAY AND LOOK AT SYNTHETIC OIL RUN OUT, ANYTAKERS... I WILL SERIOUSLY SELL THIS BRAND NEW OILLAW 525 FOR 5500.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS, YOU GUYS LOVE EM SO MUCH, BUY THIS ONE OR BETTER YET, SELL IT TO YOUR CLOSES FRIEND, TIL THEN GO RIDE YOUR AWESOME QUADS THAT RUN OH SO GREAT.

TyOutlaw525
06-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bossman525
well than rather than bashing on peoples loved ones, thank god you havent, get off the computer, take it to your dealer and raise holy hell like you have been doing on this forum, get it fixed, put 0-50w or 2-50w or 10-50w oil in it, the weight i really dont think matters and than stop b$$$$ing and enjoy your machine. honestly, i dont think you would have been happy with any quad you bought

amen.

also, chad, i feel for you 100% ive bought bunk bikes before, but u need to raise **** at the dealer and get it replaced.

yamaha bond or whatever it is called, is going to create a headache, im pretty sure.

no more smart *** comments from me.

ill ask some of the ktm techs at the ktm dealer that i use here about that case bolt thats leaking, ill let u know what i find out.

06-25-2007, 10:05 AM
thanks, try reading my polaris dealer junk forum, they wont even take it, so i know im not wrong. take care and have fun, in about 6 months, hope not to post anything after i save for my new yamaha or new honda, gonna go back to the darkside i spose? unless??? chad

NC_700R
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
POLARIS is really representing good ol american products. :rolleyes: :cool:

trx440
06-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by chad525
thanks, try reading my polaris dealer junk forum, they wont even take it, so i know im not wrong. take care and have fun, in about 6 months, hope not to post anything after i save for my new yamaha or new honda, gonna go back to the darkside i spose? unless??? chad

Chad525,

I agree with you, your bike sucks.
I'm glad you and I agree cuz I'd hate to have to call you at 765-474-2029 and tell you...or.......worse yet, get in my car and drive to Indiana [from AZ] and kick your *****.

Seriously bro, are you all right.....in the head ???

Fix it & Ride it or Sell it, then shut it. Get it?