PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get new MX tires. any suggestions

damian600
06-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I have IRazrs, looking for some new MX tires, whats some good choices.

nicker71
06-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I dont race mx or anything but I have a rear 18" set of kenda klaws that I like to mess around with sometime on the track. I like the way they hook up and I beleive they are for soft, loose dirt. The tires last long and are at a good price. I run my kenda klaw 21" in fronts XC tires with a 2:3 offset front. Its good enough for me.
I bought mine from rocky mountain atv.

300ex mxracer
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
i run razr mx all around and their pretty good. the best thing about them is that they last a long time. they are also pretty cheap.another option is holeshot mxr6. these hook up a lil better than razrs, but also wear out alot faster. ive heard kenda klaws are pretty good, but i havent had any personal experience with them.

400exrider707
06-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I've tried nearly every tire combo including Holeshot MX's, MXR4's SX's, MXR6's, Razr MX's, turf tamers grooved and ungrooved with grooved radials up front (old school) and kenda klaws and kenda knarly MX's.

With that said Im a big fan of Kenda line because of how long they last and their inexpensive price. The holeshots in My experience seem to be the best for traction but they last the shortest amount of time and cost the most so for me they just aren't right. I still used grooved front radials for tracks that are very hardpack like cement, but thats about all they are good for. Other than that its kenda klaw fronts because they bite very good and last a LONG time as well as inexpensive, and for rears I've settled with kenda knarly MX's because they bite just about as good as the holeshot line, and are inexpensive, they do wear out quite fast compared to the rest of the kenda line though. My .02

rooster300ex
06-24-2007, 06:59 PM
18-11-8 titan fast trekkers. Fast trekkers hook up like I would want on an mx track. They slide well and dig in and hook up.

400exrider707
06-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
18-11-8 titan fast trekkers. Fast trekkers hook up like I would want on an mx track. They slide well and dig in and hook up.

Have you tried the 18x9.5x8? They hook up better in my personal experiences.

rooster300ex
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Have you tried the 18x9.5x8? They hook up better in my personal experiences.

No never have. I can see why they would hook up better though.

exrider49
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
i like my razr mx's but i want to try the soft compound cuz the fronts look like they have the center line spaced out more looks liek they would turn better i duno where to get them at