PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 525 Problem!?!?!!?!?

Arnj85
06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok after the 10 hr inspection my outlaw came back with some top end noise, the guy @ the dealership says that all KTMs are noisy,
Also after it heats up the radiator builds up pressure and it seems to shut the bike off. If anyone has any info it would be much apriciated... thank you

06-22-2007, 04:33 PM
as you can read about i got my own issues, this dude already has his on ebay, wont admit it til you tell him of your own problems, but hes selling his cause its a p.o.s too, wish i would have come to this site before i bought mine, not that much of a forum guy til now! good luck, i may sell mine if it doesnt get better soon, i can buy new rims after a while, but you shouldnt have to, i think dude calling the government agency for junk production stuff is on the right path, i may email them as well. good luck with your lemon, me an dude are gonna try making lemonade, everyone should go to that consumerist.com are whatever it is and you can video your problem and help get the word, better yet, try youtube, not sure of there policy, but its worth a try, i know that consumerist page i saw on dateline, so the world is watching, lets hope polaris is to! chad snyder 765 474 2029 crounpoint@gmail.com

LT250_JOE
06-22-2007, 05:38 PM
AFTER 10 HOUR BREAK-IN YOU SHOULD ADJUST YOUR VALVES. THIS IS THE CASE ON ANY RACE ENGINE PRODUCED QUAD!!!!
IF YOU HAD YOUR 10 HOUR SERVICE DONE AT DEALER THEN GIVE THEM HELL FOR NOT TELLING YOU SO.

OutlawBill
06-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Arnj85
Ok after the 10 hr inspection my outlaw came back with some top end noise, the guy @ the dealership says that all KTMs are noisy,
Also after it heats up the radiator builds up pressure and it seems to shut the bike off. If anyone has any info it would be much apriciated... thank you

Yes they are noisy even the KTM bike are too. The Radiator may be a bad fan switch and grounds for it

06-27-2007, 05:58 AM
another happy camper :eek2:

eerhard09
06-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Good post crappy!

As for the noise, don't be surprised if it is not top end noise that you are hearing. All of the KTM motors (4 strokes) are noisy. Mine does sound like top end as well but if you put your head down by the motor when it is running, you will probably realize that it is the bottom end makig the noise, mainly the clutch area. The 525 has a very noisy clutch and should not be worried about. Even over at KTMTalk.com, they say the same thing. If you are experiencing top end noise, after the break in, you may need the valves adjusted....

As for the radiator, another guy posted somewhere, not on this site, I don't think, but he had the same issue. He said that it "burped" up a little coolant and then has been fine ever since. Maybe there is an air bubble in there that is causing an issue. Is the fan even coming on at all?

TYLER329
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Lappy, at least your posts are more humerous and not inflamatory anymore! Everybody can live with that.

LT250_JOE
06-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by eerhard09
Good post crappy!

As for the noise, don't be surprised if it is not top end noise that you are hearing. All of the KTM motors (4 strokes) are noisy. Mine does sound like top end as well but if you put your head down by the motor when it is running, you will probably realize that it is the bottom end makig the noise, mainly the clutch area. The 525 has a very noisy clutch and should not be worried about. Even over at KTMTalk.com, they say the same thing. If you are experiencing top end noise, after the break in, you may need the valves adjusted....

As for the radiator, another guy posted somewhere, not on this site, I don't think, but he had the same issue. He said that it "burped" up a little coolant and then has been fine ever since. Maybe there is an air bubble in there that is causing an issue. Is the fan even coming on at all?

THE BEST WAY TO TELL IF ITS THE CLUTCH AS EERHARD STATED, WHILE YOUR QUAD IS IDLING PULL THE CLUTCH LEVER AND SEE IF THE SAID NOISE CHANGES. IF IT DOES THAN IT IS NORMAL KTM CLUTCH NOISE AS STATED

Arnj85
07-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes the fan dose come on, and the clutch dose stop making noise when its pulled in.. guessing by the smart remarks by lappy hes a real outlaw fan:rolleyes: I guess some ppl never grow up.

Arnj85
07-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes the fan dose come on, and the clutch dose stop making noise when its pulled in.. guessing by the smart remarks by lappy hes a real outlaw fan:rolleyes: I guess some ppl never grow up.

07-01-2007, 01:04 PM
if ya like fixing stuff you will see keep riding it. :D

Arnj85
07-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Never met a vehicle that the first production was 100% flawless yet. and never will

TYLER329
07-02-2007, 03:50 PM
DON'T PICK ON LAPPY HE'S OUR VILLAGE IDIOT.

Arnj85
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I give ppl there right to there own opinion, but when you buy a run of the mill craptor and slap a couple of parts on it. that gives you the right to talk sht on another atv? dont worrie there will be a time when the raptor takes a dive (if it didnt happen allready) and im sure that message will be posted :rolleyes: there is no set definition for the ultimate atv. its in what you can push your machine to do and if thats farther than the next guy, than coudoze too you .All im saying is that theres allways someone better or faster, so "Run What Ya Brung" Arnj. and be happy with what you have