PDA

View Full Version : problem...trying to get quad running for summer!!!!!!!

xhondakid250x
06-22-2007, 12:38 PM
i jus got my quad back from my friend, its been sittin in a garage for a couple a months and the gas tank is all rusted amd muckie rust how would i go about cleaning my tank... or should i jus buy new??

firefighterjosh
06-28-2007, 03:30 AM
Tank the tank off. Remove the gas. Put some new gas in it (1 quart would be alright). Also drop in a few bolts and start shaking, poor it out and do it again until no more rust.

I would also clean the carbs and change the oil and take a look at the filter too

gncc025
06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
u can use vinegar too because it has acetic acid in it. fill the gas tank with water and then pour that out. next fill the tank with the vinegar and leave it in there overnight to dissolve the rust.pour out the vinegar, and rinse the tank with water. then fill it with water and a little baking soda to neutralize the acid. after about 15 minutes, rinse the tank with water until the water is completely clear. then make sure the tank has no more water in it. one way to do that is by using rubbing alcohol, and rinsing it out with gas. hope that helps