PDA

View Full Version : what do ya'll think i should do...

One_Bad_400
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
ok... well... i've been wanting to put a lift on my truck SOOOOO bad latly... but i watched a video from years ago when i would tape myself ridding my XR100... watching it REALY made me want to go back in time and re-live those days where ridding was just fun... cuz i really miss those days... these days everything is so stressed and everything is about winning or dont even ride at all... so here was my thoughts... should i put a lift of my truck that i've been wanting for a wile... or should a go buy a dirt bike... most likly a trail bike... i dont really want to get a MX bike becasue then i will go to the track and make it like a quad life is... all i wana do is ride trails and fields... ride for fun ya know...

does any one else (full time racers) ever just miss those days where you would just hop on your 4-wheeler or 2-wheeler and just go ride and exploring...

One_Bad_400
06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
also i mean dont get me wrong... i LOVE my $12,000 450R thats always breaking and love going out on the track and woppin some butt... but sometimes that gets so stressful

coolex
06-22-2007, 12:37 PM
if racing isnt fun for u dnt race buy a trail dirtbike and just ride trails, just do w/e makes u happy dnt try to impress other ppl

One_Bad_400
06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
no... i love racing... its just EVERY bike i own doent have ONE stock part on it so i cant just trail/fun ride with them anymore so i'm saying should i buy a bike where i can do that and never have to work on the bike or put a lift on my truck

honda8&3
06-22-2007, 01:01 PM
dirt bike, that is all i have to say.:D

400EXtreme
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
dirt bike, that is all i have to say.:D

06-22-2007, 02:34 PM
i think sometimes people just have to chill out and go riding. Today i rode the 250ex and had a ball on it, just screwing around and having fun....was it fast? no! best handling ro suspension?? not even close! but i had a ton of fun and thats all that matters in the end. It isnt like your gonna make a living out of racing. Just have fun with it...so i say get a Xr or just sell the 450 and get something else to screw around on

Regular_Joe
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree. I tend to have fun on the smaller slower stuff. I just sold my 400ex and am replacing it w/ a 06+ 250ex (with sportclutch) and a TTR125LE dirtbike. So far I am having a blast on the TTR.

honda8&3
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe
I agree. I tend to have fun on the smaller slower stuff. I just sold my 400ex and am replacing it w/ a 06+ 250ex (with sportclutch) and a TTR125LE dirtbike. So far I am having a blast on the TTR.

Exactly, I love my 250x.:D

Mean250r
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
does any one else (full time racers) ever just miss those days where you would just hop on your 4-wheeler or 2-wheeler and just go ride and exploring...

Yeah i do, i really dont even race that much, but i miss having a nice quiet stock bike that i could ride anywhere.

250r4life
06-22-2007, 03:44 PM
my buddy and i just went and bought some old 185 3 wheelers just to mess around on... thats going to be a blast trying to get around in the dunes on those... im excited!!!

One_Bad_400
06-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
It isnt like your gonna make a living out of racing.

see thats the thing... thats what i'm wishing and driving for... my family is just in a big money issue right now so i cant make all the races... i just turned 17 and this is only my 2nd year of really racing and last weekend i was rolling with harald goodman and leaving a few other pro's... my talent comes naturaly... i can not touch a bike and sit on my comp for 2 months and then go out and ride with a guy thats been training for 2-3 months and keep up and leave him.. and i REALLY want to take my talent to the top... i guess when i'm rolling on a factory ride then i can get me a bunch of fun toys... hahahahaahahha

One_Bad_400
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
my buddy and i just went and bought some old 185 3 wheelers just to mess around on... thats going to be a blast trying to get around in the dunes on those... im excited!!!

thats a good idea... a buddy of mine has a 3-wheeler for sale.. that be fun to fix it up and have a nice little 3 willer to roll around on... hahahahaahahaha