PDA

View Full Version : which big bore?

cr977
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
i know this is in the raptor forum but please try not to be to brand loyal on this. alright, i want a 450 but people want more than 4 grand for their pos raced almost stock worn out 450 race bikes and i aint payin 4 grand for a bike that might blow up next week. so, i am looking into another bike, and i started looking at big bores, i am looking at bikes like the raptor 660, the ds650, and preditor. right now i am liking the raptor because it is not a heavy b**** and you can get them for pretty cheap. so, what do you all think? i am coming off a stock 300ex, but i have experience on dirt bikes so i can handle the power, i ride trails ocasional track, and i love to do wheelies, stoppies, bicicles and jumping. i am getting to move to oklahoma, so that means, some dunes, some desert, and also trails and mx, pretty much everything. what do you guys think?

LT250_JOE
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
DS650 WAS BUILT FOR DUNE RIDING. SICK SUSPENSION AND SICK HP.

BUT FROM A PARTS/ACCESSORY STANDPOINT YOU CANT GO WRONG. THERE ARE A TON OF THEM FOR SALE, AND THERE ARE UNLIMITED PLACES TO GET PARTS FROM.

DONT GET ME WRONG, EITHER WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT CHOICE, BUT THE RAPTOR OVERALL WOULD BE CHEAPER TO BUY, AND CHEAPER TO REPAIR.

TheNewn
06-27-2007, 02:56 AM
There's somethign to be said about all the DS650's for sale...:rolleyes: Just something to think about.

I think you should get a Raptor 700, my dad bought one recently and luckily he lets me ride it when i want, very, very nice quad (dont tell him i said that).

If you get a Raptor of any kind, i dont think you'll be disappointed. Not to mention, the Raptor has reverse, and teh DS doesnt, and the DS is heavier...Also more aftermarket parts for the Raptor...well, you get the idea.

mikeypaines89
08-08-2007, 09:27 PM
The DS650 would prolly be the best dune bike, but would most likely be the most expensive of them all.
The Raptor would be a great choice though, cuz they make tons of parts for it, and it would be an all-around bike, so that'd be my choice.
The predator however, i wouldnt choose, its heavy, its not a fast as the others, and its tippy around turns, so it would suck on turns.
So my choice would be the raptor 660, just dont choose an 01', because they have faulty carbs along with a few other problems.-

richmond559
08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
My 2 cents well 1 cent for what its worth ive riden a ds650 a few times it was even piped and carbed tons of power for straight line riding but it was a bear to turn at speed in the dunes and quit heavy and im 6ft 210 lbs ...Now ill tell you i own a 2001 raptor the first one out here in california yes it has some problems but nothing is perfect ..got lucky and transmission finally went out last year..replaced it with a 2003 and while i was at it put in a 686 kit 11:1 stage II cam heavy duty valve springs and have a eddie sanders pipe (esr)....The only problem ive had with the carbs is that they put cheep clamps on the boots just change them out and you will be fine ..Soo for a quad that you can pu pretty cheap a 660 is a good deal..ps but my next quad might just be the 525 ktm ..I have a ktm bike with the 640 motor in it and i love how maintenance free this motor is...Hope this helps...

yAmAhA-rIdEr155
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
tha 660 is tha one to go with u dont want a ds650, nuthin good rely's with them, u ought to buy sumthin from a company tht u trust, so 660

rubnmenon
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
i have a raptor 660 and a predator 500 and many of my friends have the bombardier 650, if ur into jumping, stoppies,wheelies and stuff, dont buy the 650 (its way to havy) and between the raptor and the predator i would go for the raptor