PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everbody! Now look at the results!

BrianWrightR6
10-20-2002, 08:40 PM
Well this has been a very productive day, I got my a-arms back on and I think they look pretty good with the color scheme I went with. I also took the choke out of my carb today a grinded the lips off (for those who has done this does everything look all right to you on my removal)? While I was at it I also thought I would see what the tires would look like offset and I love them like that! I had to do a little modifying on the brake caliper (grinding) to get clearance for the valve stem but it was worth it. Sheww, what a day well I believe I will set back and relax now. Can’t wait to get my jet kit this week and try her out! Once again thanks for the suggestions on the a-arms.

Looking good!
http://www.lostbob.dns2go.com/Uploads/Make Over 027.jpg

With Choke
http://www.lostbob.dns2go.com/Uploads/Choke Removal 002.jpg

WITHOUT Choke
http://www.lostbob.dns2go.com/Uploads/Choke Removal 010.jpg

Break Caliper modification
http://www.lostbob.dns2go.com/Uploads/Make Over 034.jpg

Sweat
http://www.lostbob.dns2go.com/Uploads/Make Over 032.jpg

AtvMxRider
10-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Instead of grinding your calipers you could have just put valve stems on the other side of the wheels. Your quad looks good I like it alot.

BrianWrightR6
10-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Yehh I thought about that but then I had the grinder there and it did not take no time so I figured I might as well get it done. Save me a little trouble.

AtvMxRider
10-20-2002, 09:09 PM
Looks good. Whats next?

BrianWrightR6
10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Well right now waiting on my jet kit and I will probably try to get me some shocks here in the next 2 weeks. As for the in the long run, this winter I am going to get a 440 kit installed in here and then hope to be ready for GNCC next year.

Pappy
10-20-2002, 09:49 PM
:huh

exriderdude
10-21-2002, 10:12 AM
sweet:macho

10-21-2002, 10:43 AM
Hey them some nice pics must be from a decent digi camera, maybe some others will get one too so we can see what your showing us.

Just a tip for those of you who are thinking of turning your wheels around for more offset. First you would be better not to since its going to change the way the quad steers and would be a lot better to sell you stk stuff and just buy a set of a-arms, but if you insist on doing it take a plug or at min a nut and bolt to replace the current valve stem and then drill a hole in the other side and install the stem there. Its a lot neater than grinding down your caliper and you wont chance any new problems from the grinding. Plus your mechanic wont look at you like your crazy and think your an idiot either.

BTW nice job on th e a-arms and the painted nuts were a nice touch.

BrianWrightR6
10-21-2002, 11:27 AM
440EX4me sounds like you are calling me an idiot? I don’t thing carving a groove in the side of the caliper is going to cause an issue because it is all aluminum, and who would care what a mechanic would think anyways? If I cant fix it my self It want get fixed and for the drilling the valve stem on the other side I thought about that but if I ever wanted to switch them back around then I would have to switch the valve stems around AGAIN, this way all I have to so is just turn the tire over. Sounds more time efficient too me but what do I know, I may be an idiot?

forum
10-21-2002, 12:26 PM
or you could have baught shorter valve stems. Having offset rims like that will really hurt your spindles and cause your handling to not be as good. If you ever jump that machine spin the tires back around.

10-21-2002, 02:18 PM
I have no opinion on the idiot thing but sorry you took it that way.

Maybe I would not have done the grinding but if it works for you then who am I to say anything anyhow.

what did you paint the a-arms with?

muff
10-21-2002, 03:31 PM
could you post a picture of your graphics kit, i'm not sure what kind i should get

10-21-2002, 06:21 PM
dude i am not sure u should have grinded the caliper it took one day to have both tires valves inverted and 5 bucks a tire i mean now ur calipers looked bad and ur valv stem is on the wrong side. sorry but man i wouldent eve think about messing with my brake calipers especially making them thinner and weaker.

10-21-2002, 06:23 PM
o yea and i have had my tires inverted for a year and raced the whole year in b class mx and she handels and jumps like a dream. plus i have wheel spacers on back and havent had one problem with those.

Pappy
10-21-2002, 06:24 PM
hehe...i would be more then a little concerned what will happen if mud or debris gets in the inside of the rim...and knocks out the valve stem......if there aint much room there now...wont be none in the mud. be careful......

BrianWrightR6
10-21-2002, 06:27 PM
For 440EX4me

Here is where I talked about what type of paint I used.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30133&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

For muff

Here are some pics of my 400 about a week ago, looks a little better now with the a-arms painted.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30108

BrianWrightR6
10-21-2002, 11:22 PM
I still don’t see how grinding a groove in a solid piece of aluminum WEAKENS this caliper. It is nowhere near anything to do with the breaks. Also the reason I DID NOT get the rim re-valved is because I can now switch between off set and normal in no time. I guess it will all come down to some testing it out and I hope to do that soon. For the mud sticking in there and ripping the valve stem out I just don’t see this happening, there is plenty enough clearance for the valve to clear the caliper. That would have to be cement dried in there to tear it out.

Pappy
10-22-2002, 04:45 AM
ever hear of murphy's law? if it can happen it will.......

and if you havent seen debris in that area.....ya must not ride in the muck enough:p

BrianWrightR6
10-22-2002, 11:29 AM
I dont think the 400 is much of a mud bogger so I try to leave that for the 4x4's. It is not like I DONT go through the mud just not enought to cake in the rims and rip a valve out.

10-22-2002, 03:54 PM
chill out there bro i wasnt trying to flame u or anything like that i am just sayen it isnt somthing i would do but hay the wuad looks great a he!! of a lot better than mine so i cant be dissen u. btw how many inches is it in front???

BrianWrightR6
10-22-2002, 07:06 PM
I am kind of confused their " hondaquadman" I really cant make out what you are trying to spell.

:blah

10-22-2002, 07:50 PM
that isnt the firts time i have heard that from sombody at least u didnt make it into a flame haha. i said that ur quad looks really nice a heck of a lot better than mine and i hope u dont have any problems with your brakes i think theyll prob hold upTHINK. but u know whatever flotes your boat. and with the front tires inverted and the a arms how wide is the front

BrianWrightR6
10-22-2002, 09:58 PM
It looks like the wingspan on here now is 48 in. (4ft.) from outside to outside on the tires. I don’t know what the stock is and just too lazy to take the tires back off to see.