PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant

ingleful
06-22-2007, 10:43 AM
That's no mechanic's area, and that's not a pit board being flashed to James Stewart. This would be ignorant even if James' mom wasn't standing within just a few feet of him.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photo/albums/userpics/10005/normal_004swbuzz07.jpg

Maybe most troubling of all was that this was going on just a few yards away from James’ brother Malcolm, his mom Sonya, and James’ friend Rado, who just happened to be walking through that area to watch practice. To her credit, Sonya went over and let them know who she was, that what they were doing wasn’t cool, and asked why they were doing it. As you might guess, when put on the spot, they didn’t have any really good answers for their behavior. As for the most vocal one in the group, he clearly showed his intelligence when asked how he’d feel if someone were flipping off one of his relatives…or his mom. His response was, “I wouldn’t care.”

As for James, on the last lap of that practice he rolled by the area slowly, raised his hand…and gave them the thumbs-up before heading back to the pits. He knew they weren't fans, but he definitely showed who’s the better man.

We have to admit, we generally don’t see such obvious examples of hate at the races, but in talking with Sonya in the pits later, it’s still very common…like at every race. That’s sad. We figured that in 2007, we’d be much further along than that as a society.

Here are a few observations:

As far as we’re concerned, these guys weren’t true motocross fans. Anyone who can’t watch James ride and admire his talent on the track, regardless of skin color, clearly doesn’t get it.
If you’re at the races and see stuff like that, speak up. We’d guess that idiots like these who think they’re anonymous are more likely to actually think it’s okay…or repeat the behavior.
In the future we hope our discussions of race can be limited to what happens on the track, and that we can replace racist with racest. You know…whoever the fastest guy is on any given weekend.

honda4life72
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
let me guess his mom siad it was cuz he was black wasn't it?

honda8&3
06-22-2007, 10:47 AM
stupid ignorant arse holes. They're just jealous of how he rides better than they would ever be. :(

ingleful
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
id say

honda4life72
06-22-2007, 10:53 AM
bubba is hated by so many people who are racist cuz he is the only black dude to ever dominate in motocross

parkers30
06-22-2007, 11:06 AM
their just angry because they thought he was white trash with a name like BUBBA! :blah:

then he took his helmet off. They stopped cheering and started hating :rolleyes:

Now... I must say I am not a racist by skin color.... This is going to sounds terrible, but its the easiest was to describe it. I don't hate or even dislike black people, I have many black friends and class mates, but I do hate the ghetto people that give them a bad name and all their ghetto actions (their white comrades fall in with them in this instance too) I live in Flint, MI and have seen worse things than some of you will ever see....

Some people will just never get past the skin color.

Ron89
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
The people that say poor ole Bubba is the victim are the ignorant ones. Me and a couple buddies went to Highpoint back in May to have some fun. This was my first time and I was real excited so I decided to buy a pitpass. After being in the pits, we decided to go watch Bubba/Ferry's trailer (I love wrenching on bikes and I was interested in how the mechanics did it). As I watched, the mechanics gave the plastics to the security guard and he have them to the only (older) black guy there, in front of a bunch of young kids around 8-14 years old. Then, some other black security guard kicked us out for no reason at all!? I was watching and he says "Can I help you? kind of sarcastically... I very nicely say "No I just want to watch the mechanics work." He responds by saying (Yea, uh no, you gotta get out of here. You got three seconds GO. 1.....2....3...." And then the ********* laughed at us. I was so confused, I don't know what I did wrong? He even threatened to take some of the stuff the pros gave to me. I didn't want any trouble so I just went to my friends car. My other buddies didn't know I left and waited for me to show up. That black guy come up to them and says "WHAT DID I SAY? GET OUT OF HERE!" and he takes all of that stuff they got from the pros. I was so mad I could have punched the fat ******* in the face. We just wanted to have some fun but Bubba's stupid fat assed guards ruined it for us. **** Bubba...he deserves the **** he gets when he pulls crap like that. There goes that $30 ticket price and $20 pit pass. You guys shouldn't take sides so easilly...I will never have sympathy for him.

honda8&3
06-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
The people that say poor ole Bubba is the victim are the ignorant ones. Me and a couple buddies went to Highpoint back in May to have some fun. This was my first time and I was real excited so I decided to buy a pitpass. After being in the pits, we decided to go watch Bubba/Ferry's trailer (I love wrenching on bikes and I was interested in how the mechanics did it). As I watched, the mechanics gave the plastics to the security guard and he have them to the only (older) black guy there, in front of a bunch of young kids around 8-14 years old. Then, some other black security guard kicked us out for no reason at all!? I was watching and he says "Can I help you? kind of sarcastically... I very nicely say "No I just want to watch the mechanics work." He responds by saying (Yea, uh no, you gotta get out of here. You got three seconds GO. 1.....2....3...." And then the ********* laughed at us. I was so confused, I don't know what I did wrong? He even threatened to take some of the stuff the pros gave to me. I didn't want any trouble so I just went to my friends car. My other buddies didn't know I left and waited for me to show up. That black guy come up to them and says "WHAT DID I SAY? GET OUT OF HERE!" and he takes all of that stuff they got from the pros. I was so mad I could have punched the fat ******* in the face. We just wanted to have some fun but Bubba's stupid fat assed guards ruined it for us. **** Bubba...he deserves the **** he gets when he pulls crap like that. There goes that $30 ticket price and $20 pit pass. You guys shouldn't take sides so easilly...I will never have sympathy for him.

Was it bubba or the fat assed black dude?:huh :ermm:

Ron89
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
One of his fat guards.

honda8&3
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
One of his fat guards.

So then it wasn't bubba's fault. The fat guy just needs to change his tampon or something.:blah: :devil: ;)

my88r
06-22-2007, 05:03 PM
when your a top pro stuff like that happens all the time. you just get used to it

Ron89
06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
So then it wasn't bubba's fault. The fat guy just needs to change his tampon or something.:blah: :devil: ;)
Or it IS part Bubba's fault because he hired him. You don't just throw random people out in the pits. He probably knew that guy was a jerk and it was his fault not to get rid of him. When you take your car to a dealership and they mess up, you don't go, "Oh that wasn't the dealership, it was just a bad mechanic." Thats not how thing work and thats not how I am going to look at it. You or anyone else can make up more excuses about why poor, rich, innocent Bubba is always ragged on but I could care less. I am pissed off and out $50. I don't care who is the EXACT person at fault. Tell ya what though...throw me $50 and I will forget this ever happened.:blah:

honda8&3
06-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Or it IS part Bubba's fault because he hired him. You don't just throw random people out in the pits. He probably knew that guy was a jerk and it was his fault not to get rid of him. When you take your car to a dealership and they mess up, you don't go, "Oh that wasn't the dealership, it was just a bad mechanic." Thats not how thing work and thats not how I am going to look at it. You or anyone else can make up more excuses about why poor, rich, innocent Bubba is always ragged on but I could care less. I am pissed off and out $50. I don't care who is the EXACT person at fault. Tell ya what though...throw me $50 and I will forget this ever happened.:blah:

Its not my fault.:rolleyes:

mx428
06-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Or it IS part Bubba's fault because he hired him. You don't just throw random people out in the pits. He probably knew that guy was a jerk and it was his fault not to get rid of him. When you take your car to a dealership and they mess up, you don't go, "Oh that wasn't the dealership, it was just a bad mechanic." Thats not how thing work and thats not how I am going to look at it. You or anyone else can make up more excuses about why poor, rich, innocent Bubba is always ragged on but I could care less. I am pissed off and out $50. I don't care who is the EXACT person at fault. Tell ya what though...throw me $50 and I will forget this ever happened.:blah: Why did you let him take your stuff. He can't do that. And if he was bubbas security guard and you were standing OUTSIDE of his pit with proper credentials theres nothing he can do. There's more to this story.

ZeroLogic
06-22-2007, 06:43 PM
If James is a real man, he will just forget that, that even ever happened. Everyone is hated by someone. Thats life, some people whine and crap about it while others ingore it and move on with life.

my88r
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
If James is a real man, he will just forget that, that even ever happened. Everyone is hated by someone. Thats life, some people whine and crap about it while others ingore it and move on with life.

im with that. theres people on this site like that.

chris46250r
06-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

Very true. One way to look at it is nobody hates and flips off the guy in last place, its always the guys up front.

my88r
06-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Very true. One way to look at it is nobody hates and flips off the guy in last place, its always the guys up front.

yea that's true

derekhonda
06-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ingleful
That's no mechanic's area, and that's not a pit board being flashed to James Stewart. This would be ignorant even if James' mom wasn't standing within just a few feet of him.

Maybe most troubling of all was that this was going on just a few yards away from James’ brother Malcolm, his mom Sonya, and James’ friend Rado, who just happened to be walking through that area to watch practice. To her credit, Sonya went over and let them know who she was, that what they were doing wasn’t cool, and asked why they were doing it. As you might guess, when put on the spot, they didn’t have any really good answers for their behavior. As for the most vocal one in the group, he clearly showed his intelligence when asked how he’d feel if someone were flipping off one of his relatives…or his mom. His response was, “I wouldn’t care.”

As for James, on the last lap of that practice he rolled by the area slowly, raised his hand…and gave them the thumbs-up before heading back to the pits. He knew they weren't fans, but he definitely showed who’s the better man.

We have to admit, we generally don’t see such obvious examples of hate at the races, but in talking with Sonya in the pits later, it’s still very common…like at every race. That’s sad. We figured that in 2007, we’d be much further along than that as a society.

As far as we’re concerned, these guys weren’t true motocross fans. Anyone who can’t watch James ride and admire his talent on the track, regardless of skin color, clearly doesn’t get it.
If you’re at the races and see stuff like that, speak up. We’d guess that idiots like these who think they’re anonymous are more likely to actually think it’s okay…or repeat the behavior.
In the future we hope our discussions of race can be limited to what happens on the track, and that we can replace racist with racest. You know…whoever the fastest guy is on any given weekend.

I didnt really read everyone elses response cause i didn't see one asking how you knew they didn't like him because of his skin color? I see about 3/4 of the people out at a nascar race flipping off jeff gordon, hmm he isnt black. Maybe everyone just has a favorite racer and a least favorite racer....why does everything have to go immediately to race?

spanky101
06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I didnt really read everyone elses response cause i didn't see one asking how you knew they didn't like him because of his skin color? I see about 3/4 of the people out at a nascar race flipping off jeff gordon, hmm he isnt black. Maybe everyone just has a favorite racer and a least favorite racer....why does everything have to go immediately to race?

Thank you, i was thinking the same exact thing. I personally and not a fan of bubba but i wouldnt flip him off either. Everyone has their likes and dislikes and my guess was these group of people disliked bubba. It happens. You cant please everyone.

krt400ex
06-23-2007, 07:18 PM
dude, i agree with you. i hate when ppl act racist. james is an amazing rider, and it sucks that someone could judge him for that...even if it wasn't for skin color(probably wasn't...but you never kno) it is still not good for the sport

m.h.s.c.#527
06-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
their just angry because they thought he was white trash with a name like BUBBA! :blah:

then he took his helmet off. They stopped cheering and started hating :rolleyes:

Now... I must say I am not a racist by skin color.... This is going to sounds terrible, but its the easiest was to describe it. I don't hate or even dislike black people, I have many black friends and class mates, but I do hate the ghetto people that give them a bad name and all their ghetto actions (their white comrades fall in with them in this instance too) I live in Flint, MI and have seen worse things than some of you will ever see....

Some people will just never get past the skin color.

amen feel the same way

06-23-2007, 07:47 PM

^^^ i agree. But dont brag about living in flint man, its the ****hole of america...lol

bubba is alright, but was there any proff he was racist?? If a black bubba fan did it to RC there wouldnt be an issue would there? :confused:

funny how the double standard works

06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
^^^ i agree. But dont brag about living in flint man, its the ****hole of america...lol

bubba is alright, but was there any proff he was racist?? If a black bubba fan did it to RC there wouldnt be an issue would there? :confused:

funny how the double standard works

being prejudice is something only people with power are afforded....

a couple of observations....though of course it is virtually impossible to prove, i would bet a large sum of money that these bozos are "hatin" bubba because he is black.

as far as ron89's problem....maybe this security guards attitude is based on previous problems. i'm sure these guys are sick of the harassment and rascist remarks. so they just take a proactive approach. or like was said maybe all of the story has not been told?

and as far as the jeff gordan anology...i think it prooves these guys are rascist....jeff gordan is booed because he is viewed by fans as different from the rest of the nascar drivers...it may not be skin color, but it's his personality and the way he conducts himself....face it the rednecks just wanna see other rednecks win in nascar...well in bubbas case it is skin color. he is the first black man to do well in mx, and there are certain people who have problems with that. just like they did with the first people of color that did well in other activities/sports dominated by whites. ask jackie robinson or hank aaron. they got death threats....or jim brown and bill russell....if anyone thinks that the biggest problem with bubba isn't his color, well then you are just nieve...

AtvMxRider
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Why did you let him take your stuff. He can't do that. And if he was bubbas security guard and you were standing OUTSIDE of his pit with proper credentials theres nothing he can do. There's more to this story.

Old Head
06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
can't see how anyone could hate bubba. He's an awesome rider and will fill the goats shoes well.

cop292
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlerch
...i mean come on turning left the whole time...oooo real tough....tom cruise went almost as fast as those guys when he was making days of thunder......i assure you i can drive as good as most of those guys....i just don't have a rich daddy to sponsor me....as far as feeling superior to anyone...i never said that...but i have no problem exposing a societal weakness...

dlerch...you are an idiot...This may have been the dumbest post ever....If you think it is easy, and you are that good of a driver...Put your money where your mouth is....Sell some of your 7 quads, buy a compact stock and hit the track! You don't need a rich daddy. Hell, who knows you may be the next Richard Petty.... or maybe just a Richard.

Ron89
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Why did you let him take your stuff. He can't do that. And if he was bubbas security guard and you were standing OUTSIDE of his pit with proper credentials theres nothing he can do. There's more to this story.
Oh I'm sorry, were you there? Probably not so how do you know there is "more to the story." You can believe what you think is right in your mind but I'm telling it the way it happened. Some other kid got kicked out along with me from another state, I didn't know him but he was pretty mad too. We just looked at each other and left because we didn't want our stuff taken. I don't see how that guy had the right to take my friend's stuff. What if we bought those things? We even emailed and got no response. Really show how pathetic some people are. Then, GOD FORBID, I place an opinion..only to be told I am not telling the whole story--according to someone who wasn't even there. Talk about ignorant LOL.......:rolleyes:

Ron89
06-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Head
can't see how anyone could hate bubba. He's an awesome rider and will fill the goats shoes well.
I was the same way...I saw him do very well at the races and all I wanted to do is watch... He was sitting at his trailer and I (along with many others) were just watching and having a good time. Not sure what I did but he!!, what do I know. Apparently I am a liar.

mx428
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh I'm sorry, were you there? Probably not so how do you know there is "more to the story." You can believe what you think is right in your mind but I'm telling it the way it happened. Some other kid got kicked out along with me from another state, I didn't know him but he was pretty mad too. We just looked at each other and left because we didn't want our stuff taken. I don't see how that guy had the right to take my friend's stuff. What if we bought those things? We even emailed and got no response. Really show how pathetic some people are. Then, GOD FORBID, I place an opinion..only to be told I am not telling the whole story--according to someone who wasn't even there. Talk about ignorant LOL.......:rolleyes: love you too

Ron89
06-25-2007, 09:24 PM
love you too
WOAAAA good one...
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4872/fonz2sl.jpg

chris46250r
06-25-2007, 09:27 PM
love you too

Finally some love in this thread.

mx428
06-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Finally some love in this thread. it was about time.

chris46250r
06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I guess all things considered and assuming that Bubba has an above average clue on life, he knew to a certain degree what he might encounter claiming fame in a "white mans sport". And as far as I know about it he has handled it pretty dang well.

Pappy
06-25-2007, 10:11 PM
here is more of the article that was left out of the first post....

While shooting photos in one of the tight and twisty sections during Saturday’s practice sessions, we noted a group of spectators who’d loudly cheer their favorites, but were singling out one rider for jeers…Team Monster Energy Kawasaki’s James Stewart. Over the length of that practice their heckling went from boos and thumbs-down, to one guy hanging halfway over the fence, enthusiastically flipping James a double bird. Maybe more troubling was that they’d also brought a small cardboard sign that they’d quickly flash as James went by. Then they'd fold it back up and hide it away. We never did get a good enough look at it (even with the benefit of a telephoto lens) to see the message they were trying to send, but it was fairly obvious that it was for James only, and it wasn’t being used to wish him good luck. It was being used to hate.

and a unique search on google added a ton more hate towards bubba. its a shame that a man that talented has to deal with such idiocy

coolex
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
ron89 just because u were told to leave an area by one of bubba's affiliates, doesnt mean u should start to hate stewart. thats like gettign kicked out of a rock concert for moshing, then u hate the band.

o and id like to hear the rest of the story to:ermm:

mx428
06-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
here is more of the article that was left out of the first post....

While shooting photos in one of the tight and twisty sections during Saturday’s practice sessions, we noted a group of spectators who’d loudly cheer their favorites, but were singling out one rider for jeers…Team Monster Energy Kawasaki’s James Stewart. Over the length of that practice their heckling went from boos and thumbs-down, to one guy hanging halfway over the fence, enthusiastically flipping James a double bird. Maybe more troubling was that they’d also brought a small cardboard sign that they’d quickly flash as James went by. Then they'd fold it back up and hide it away. We never did get a good enough look at it (even with the benefit of a telephoto lens) to see the message they were trying to send, but it was fairly obvious that it was for James only, and it wasn’t being used to wish him good luck. It was being used to hate.

and a unique search on google added a ton more hate towards bubba. its a shame that a man that talented has to deal with such idiocy Yeah what was originally posted above wasn't the full article on Vital.

jcv400ex
06-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Do you guys think RC never had any one stand by a fence and flip him off or boo him?! Do you think McGrath never had anyone do this?! Just because Bubba is black, it's a big deal?! People need to wake up and grow up and put the trigger finger away....we always "assume" before we ask questions or investage for FACTS!

Pappy
06-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Do you guys think RC never had any one stand by a fence and flip him off or boo him?! Do you think McGrath never had anyone do this?! Just because Bubba is black, it's a big deal?! People need to wake up and grow up and put the trigger finger away....we always "assume" before we ask questions or investage for FACTS!

being disliked because you are winning is one thing, being disliked because of your color is another, and the article included the "facts" that the Stewart family has in the past and is currently dealing with racism at each event. what part of that doesnt point out the racism? the picture itself does not support anything beyond bad sportsmanship but to deny the comments by his mother is being blind or not wanting to admit racism is alive and well.

jcv400ex
06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
being disliked because you are winning is one thing, being disliked because of your color is another, and the article included the "facts" that the Stewart family has in the past and is currently dealing with racism at each event. what part of that doesnt point out the racism? the picture itself does not support anything beyond bad sportsmanship but to deny the comments by his mother is being blind or not wanting to admit racism is alive and well.

"As for the most vocal one in the group, he clearly showed his intelligence when asked how he’d feel if someone were flipping off one of his relatives…or his mom. His response was, “I wouldn’t care.”

Above is what was in the article about this guy. NOTHING about race. LATER when asked about race, his mother stated that it's still very much apart or something. But you hear that **** ALL the time....

jcv400ex
06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
They made a move "White Men Can't Jump" that was okay. What if there was a movie "Black Men Can't Race Motocross". Think there would be an uproar?

How about a National White Man College Fund?

BTW, I have no beef with bubba or colored people

Pappy
06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
hence my post, try reading it again this time a bit slower and pay attention to what i stated.

06-26-2007, 02:40 PM
They made a move "White Men Can't Jump" that was okay. What if there was a movie "Black Men Can't Race Motocross". Think there would be an uproar?

How about a National White Man College Fund?

BTW, I have no beef with bubba or colored people

rascism is afforded to those with power....white people(mostly middle aged white men) have all the power. and with the power comes the benefits. don't you ever waunder why women are considered a minority? there are more women then men...so why the minority label. because they have no power...blacks have a "black history month" or a "black miss america" to help the race remind itself that they too have reasons to be a proud people.. we as a race are reminded of our great history and our racial pride every day...every month of my life has been a white pride month as far as i'm concerned. things like the united negro college fund or affirmative action are programs to try and help minorities get further along. here is an anology i gave my father not to long ago when this topic came up. since most business' are owned by whites, most people they hire, if not all would be whites also. lets say you had 2 applicants that had the same exact credentials, but 1 was white and 1 was black who would you hire? i would say the tie breaker would be race. if for no other reason because you wouldn't have to watch what you say etc..(same goes for women in this example) so now lets say there is a program that helps a minority get a job or a small business loan. they in return hire people of their own race more often. that does so much for the society i can't even begin to explain...now if you're working, you are not collecting welfare....or less likely to steal...or sell drugs ...or they might even make money to send their children to college....you know the saying "it's not what you know, but who you know"...well if you're a black kid trying to get in college, or a job after college...and there is no people of your race with power what do you do? just my two cents....and by the way i know there are blacks that have done well for themselves like oprah or bill cosby...but understand they are the exceptions not the rule...like bill gates or donald trump in the white world....i also know that sometimes these benefits are abused....but so was the power given to white ceo's of major companies like enron etc...believe me i'm guilty sometimes of prejudice also. but i know it and try very hard at correcting it. rascism is mostly born of ignorance...i.e. lack of knowledge of a cultural or social difference....

jcv400ex
06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
rascism is afforded to those with power....white people(mostly middle aged white men) have all the power. and with the power comes the benefits. don't you ever waunder why women are considered a minority? there are more women then men...so why the minority label. because they have no power...blacks have a "black history month" or a "black miss america" to help the race remind itself that they too have reasons to be a proud people.. we as a race are reminded of our great history and our racial pride every day...every month of my life has been a white pride month as far as i'm concerned. things like the united negro college fund or affirmative action are programs to try and help minorities get further along. here is an anology i gave my father not to long ago when this topic came up. since most business' are owned by whites, most people they hire, if not all would be whites also. lets say you had 2 applicants that had the same exact credentials, but 1 was white and 1 was black who would you hire? i would say the tie breaker would be race. if for no other reason because you wouldn't have to watch what you say etc..(same goes for women in this example) so now lets say there is a program that helps a minority get a job or a small business loan. they in return hire people of their own race more often. that does so much for the society i can't even begin to explain...now if you're working, you are not collecting welfare....or less likely to steal...or sell drugs ...or they might even make money to send their children to college....you know the saying "it's not what you know, but who you know"...well if you're a black kid trying to get in college, or a job after college...and there is no people of your race with power what do you do? just my two cents....and by the way i know there are blacks that have done well for themselves like oprah or bill cosby...but understand they are the exceptions not the rule...like bill gates or donald trump in the white world....i also know that sometimes these benefits are abused....but so was the power given to white ceo's of major companies like enron etc...believe me i'm guilty sometimes of prejudice also. but i know it and try very hard at correcting it. rascism is mostly born of ignorance...i.e. lack of knowledge of a cultural or social difference....

If I was the one doing the hiring, it would come down to who is most qualified for the job, race would be of no importance.

With the "black history month" "black miss america" BET television, they're the ones that won't let racism go by constantly bringing it to the limelight. I think some people actually "feed" off of the racism and wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't always around. THey love to complain....

06-27-2007, 07:08 AM
If I was the one doing the hiring, it would come down to who is most qualified for the job, race would be of no importance.

With the "black history month" "black miss america" BET television, they're the ones that won't let racism go by constantly bringing it to the limelight. I think some people actually "feed" off of the racism and wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't always around. THey love to complain....

i'm sure everyone says what you say, but the fact of the matter still remains, that is not what happens. and my example was; "if two applicants had the EXACT same credentials, but one was black and one was white"......look at pro sports..why are there so few black coaches or execs? or take the fortune 500 companies...i would bet without looking it up that 95-99% of the ceo's of those companies are white middle-aged men....politicans=white middle-aged men....where do you think the saying "good ol boys club" comes from....it's from promoting those of your same kind, it has nothing to do with "most qualified"...so if you're a "kind" that has no position of power, how do you get the benefit of "blind" promotion? as far as "black miss america"...you just have to look at the cover of 95-99% of magazine covers to see the the pride we take in the beauty of our white females, heck that's what our society's beauty is based on isn't it?...and like i said everyday of every month of my life i've felt our society promote white history. i'm not complaining about that at all. i feel very fortunate for it actually. and if you can't see or feel it i don't know what to say....but i certainly don't have a problem with or feel alienated from balck americans because they want to feel pride in their own heritage or cultural past. face it they came from africa in chains, we either came from europe freely. or when we got here were free. big difference. i think anyone can see that even before the time of slavery our histories are completely different. they came from a tribal society...so why not promote something that shows black youth how good they really have it? sorry i'm all for it...JMO

Rulz
06-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by ingleful

Why do you even think this is a race issue? I dare say the hatred displayed may simply be because Stewart is now beating the GOAT, it may not have anything to do with one's skin color! No different with Nascar and Jeff Gordon beating Earnhardt, most nascar fans hate Gordon, is he black?? No, not the last time I looked.

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 07:27 AM
i'm sure everyone says what you say, but the fact of the matter still remains, that is not what happens. and my example was; "if two applicants had the EXACT same credentials, but one was black and one was white"......look at pro sports..why are there so few black coaches or execs? or take the fortune 500 companies...i would bet without looking it up that 95-99% of the ceo's of those companies are white middle-aged men....politicans=white middle-aged men....where do you think the saying "good ol boys club" comes from....it's from promoting those of your same kind, it has nothing to do with "most qualified"...so if you're a "kind" that has no position of power, how do you get the benefit of "blind" promotion? as far as "black miss america"...you just have to look at the cover of 95-99% of magazine covers to see the the pride we take in the beauty of our white females, heck that's what our society's beauty is based on isn't it?...and like i said everyday of every month of my life i've felt our society promote white history. i'm not complaining about that at all. i feel very fortunate for it actually. and if you can't see or feel it i don't know what to say....but i certainly don't have a problem with or feel alienated from balck americans because they want to feel pride in their own heritage or cultural past. face it they came from africa in chains, we either came from europe freely. or when we got here were free. big difference. i think anyone can see that even before the time of slavery our histories are completely different. they came from a tribal society...so why not promote something that shows black youth how good they really have it? sorry i'm all for it...JMO

I think this is one of the very few times that I will partially agree with what you are saying, not fully but partially,

oh and I always find racists very funny, everyone in the world can be traced back to africa, so at some point it seems we were all black!:cool:

Fer shizzle.... I always wanted to say that.

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh and the people flipping off gordon could just be called gay bashers...:p

jcv400ex
06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
....but i certainly don't have a problem with or feel alienated from balck americans because they want to feel pride in their own heritage or cultural past. face it they came from africa in chains, we either came from europe freely. or when we got here were free. big difference. i think anyone can see that even before the time of slavery our histories are completely different. they came from a tribal society...so why not promote something that shows black youth how good they really have it? sorry i'm all for it...JMO

That's the crap I'm talking about. They didn't come from Africa, their ancestors did a LOOONG time ago. My family came from Italy, I want a Italian Miss America contest then..... my family had it rough, they came over on a boat and had to learn English and find a job too. I'm all for learning about your heritage and having pride in it, but having a black miss america pagant isn't teaching the children anything....other than we're singling them out.

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
That's the crap I'm talking about. They didn't come from Africa, their ancestors did a LOOONG time ago. My family came from Italy, I want a Italian Miss America contest then..... my family had it rough, they came over on a boat and had to learn English and find a job too. I'm all for learning about your heritage and having pride in it, but having a black miss america pagant isn't teaching the children anything....other than we're singling them out.

True, and where I grew up, black people are more racist than any white person I've ever met. Just the fact that you acknowledge black history month and think there should be reparations you are still segregating yourself from everyone else. The only way to rid of it is to "see no color" Obviously this is hard for most people as we are obviously all different colored complexions, but every time I hear a black person say, "its cause I'm black" ..... that annoys me

Pappy
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM

the real hypocracy in the pagents is that black women can still compete in all other pagents, and infact have won over all races entered.

and as far as why white middle aged men are currently running fortune 500 companies is based more on the pool of available and qualified individuals for those positions. it has only been in the past 20 years that blacks have started to excell in business (prodominatley white owned and operated)based on many factors including racism. in the next 20 years we will see blacks on more of an equal footing in these companies but IMO they will always be in less numbers based soley on the fact that we have more white kids graduating(uppper level college etc) then blacks and simple mathmatics can bare this out. as far as blaming white men for everything....might as well throw on a dashiki and celebrate kwanza because that is exactly where the majority of blacks lay blame as well. i know im tired of being labeled as keeping minorities oppressed because im white, not sure about anyone else.

go ask Thomas Souel what his opinion is on this issue, and he is considered one of the most educated black men of our time.

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
the real hypocracy in the pagents is that black women can still compete in all other pagents, and infact have won over all races entered.

and as far as why white middle aged men are currently running fortune 500 companies is based more on the pool of available and qualified individuals for those positions. it has only been in the past 20 years that blacks have started to excell in business (prodominatley white owned and operated)based on many factors including racism. in the next 20 years we will see blacks on more of an equal footing in these companies but IMO they will always be in less numbers based soley on the fact that we have more white kids graduating then blacks and simple mathmatics can bare this out. as far as blaming white men for everything....might as well throw on a dashiki and celebrate kwanza because that is exactly where the majority of blacks lay blame as well. i know im tired of being labeled as keeping minorities oppressed because im white, not sure about anyone else.

go ask Thomas Souel what his opinion is on this issue, and he is considered one of the most educated black men of our time.

It's funny cause I always get in this argument with my gf about blacks in our society. Although I do not consider myself racist, the few black people I am around are exactly what all the stereotypes say, and it makes it hard for me to not be stereotypical when they are in fact exactly as the sayings go! However whenever I say that blacks have just as much an equal opportunity in this country as everyone else, she does make some good points back to me that I simply cant argue because Im not educated enough to argue back. If you look at where the majority of black children grow up though, its easy to see why they cant graduate high school, most are inner city kids with broken homes. When you drive out to the suburbs how many black families do you see in big houses? Not nearly as many as whites. I hate talking about this subject sometimes just simply because me saying the words white and black makes me feel somewhat of a bigot, though I am not talking bad about a single color or ethnicity, just simply noting there are different colors is a segregation. It is true that at one time blacks were slaves, do I think that racism is still alive, yes, and do I think blacks are still treated unfairly, yes in some cases, but not all, and some of this is brought on by their own people IMO. Not all of it, but some yes. The chances of the two races ever being considered even IMO is slim to none, some may say black people get it easy now, and some may say they are still opressed I think it goes both ways. This is a very interesting topic for me and enjoy the discussion so lets keep it clean guys. Thanks.

Pappy
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
the next time she throws you the broken home crap, remind her that up until the mid 60' blacks held the lowest rate of divorce and had close family ties and usually large families. ask her if the white man caused the sky rocketing trend of black children being raised by their mother because dad ran off. im white, and from a broken home, and no one has ever handed me anything, who can i blame? i dont blame because i take responsibilty for my life and what i do with it.

blacks have noone to blame but themselves. they wanted equality and they won it, what they do with it is on them. there are policies in place, regulations etc that garuntee them the shot they wanted and FEW go after it.

whiteboycustom
06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
well if i remember correctly it was black tribesmen selling other black men from other tribes to whoever to end up as slaves over here in the US, the black man will sit there and say i owe them something because of slavery, what do i owe them i had nothing to do with that 100's of years ago, being black is their crutch and till the world ends they will ALWAYS lean on it, am i saying everyone NO but a majority do,

if u have a free min. go to cnn.com type in "vidor,texas" in the search box and make sure u do the search on cnn and not the web and start reading, thats my hometown, years and years ago known as a "sundown town" our town is haunted to this day because of that, and i tell u it sucks because we have this title,heck we were even on the paula zahn show on cnn and al sharpton and jessie jackson showed up to in beaumont in the town next door to vidor, it sad but the media feeds off of that shiot
just acouple things i found so u can look at
http://www.cnn.com/video/portable/promoplayer.html?mode=vod&video=/video/us/2006/12/12/oppenheim.sundown.town.cnn&source=pop/

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/08/oppenheim.sundown.town/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/19/btsc.zahn/index.html

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 06:42 AM
the next time she throws you the broken home crap, remind her that up until the mid 60' blacks held the lowest rate of divorce and had close family ties and usually large families. ask her if the white man caused the sky rocketing trend of black children being raised by their mother because dad ran off. im white, and from a broken home, and no one has ever handed me anything, who can i blame? i dont blame because i take responsibilty for my life and what i do with it.

blacks have noone to blame but themselves. they wanted equality and they won it, what they do with it is on them. there are policies in place, regulations etc that garuntee them the shot they wanted and FEW go after it.

Broken home or not they still grow up in poverty stricken areas which doesn't help, a lot of them still cant afford to go to school if they make it through high school. Also where are you getting your facts from out of curiosity, because I would like to do more research on the topic, not questioning you, but just wondering.

You take responsibility for your life and thats good, but you gotta understand your more like an exception to the rule, you might be one of the few people who dont blame everyone else around them.

Eviltanker
06-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Being in the military and working with civilian law enforcement(I work in the Chester and Philly area) I have to agree with Pappy on this one. NO I am not racist or a biggot I just see too many people P!&sing there life away.I'm not a hypocrit either I know there is rascism in the military, We just do not tolerate it nor cry about it . I have seen TOO MUCH RACISM ON BOTH SIDES. This is mostly why I prfer the military to civilian life, In the Army there is only one color, Green. We all bleed red(Listen up rednecks and racists I've actually seen white and black men bleed). To hate a man due to his color is just plain stupid. Young men of all colors are making the present generation look like junk. This generation wants everything for nothing. What ever happened to pride and being selfmade? You civilians gotta get your heads outta your butts and stop putting racial labels on other people. OK I'll get off the soap box now, Sorry for venting but, the issue of racism should not be an issue any more.

As for Bubba,.... I believe he is a VERY talented rider and I hope He goes far.

Eviltanker
06-28-2007, 08:11 AM
rascism is afforded to those with power....white people(mostly middle aged white men) have all the power.

Really? Open your eyes slick there is rascism everywere on both sides.rich or poor all races and religions.

Pappy
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Broken home or not they still grow up in poverty stricken areas which doesn't help, a lot of them still cant afford to go to school if they make it through high school. Also where are you getting your facts from out of curiosity, because I would like to do more research on the topic, not questioning you, but just wondering.

You take responsibility for your life and thats good, but you gotta understand your more like an exception to the rule, you might be one of the few people who dont blame everyone else around them.

Poverty is a by product of the welfare system in the sense of this issue. You have generations now being brought up to soley depend on the government for sustaining the basic needs for life. And if they would stand on their own two feet and fight for the freedom they have against those in their own race that keep them oppressed, maybe things would change for them. White leaders are not keeping them down, their own elected leaders are! marion barry was the mayor of washington dc, then stepped out of office for his drug problems only to be reelected as city councilmen and again, is facing tax evasion and criminal charges. it wasnt the white voters who live in DC that got him back into politics, it was the black residents that want so badly to be led by another black that they voted for a criminal and junkie. what does that say about the state of black america? in washington dc, blacks are thriving now in so many forms of business that soon they have got to see past race, because they are the only ones using it!!!(they as in their leaders!)

i work in the DC area, you cant turn on a radio, open the paper or have a conversation without these issues being raised. all the information you seek comes from sources obtainable online and in print except the personal connection i have with living in this region. i dont follow right or left in politics, i follow those that make sense and even then its usually a combination of information from all available sources to reach my opinions.

as far as i am aware, there is no rule that one should not take personal responsibilty for ones life, maybe there should be.

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Poverty is a by product of the welfare system in the sense of this issue. You have generations now being brought up to soley depend on the government for sustaining the basic needs for life. And if they would stand on their own two feet and fight for the freedom they have against those in their own race that keep them oppressed, maybe things would change for them. White leaders are not keeping them down, their own elected leaders are! marion barry was the mayor of washington dc, then stepped out of office for his drug problems only to be reelected as city councilmen and again, is facing tax evasion and criminal charges. it wasnt the white voters who live in DC that got him back into politics, it was the black residents that want so badly to be led by another black that they voted for a criminal and junkie. what does that say about the state of black america? in washington dc, blacks are thriving now in so many forms of business that soon they have got to see past race, because they are the only ones using it!!!(they as in their leaders!)

i work in the DC area, you cant turn on a radio, open the paper or have a conversation without these issues being raised. all the information you seek comes from sources obtainable online and in print except the personal connection i have with living in this region. i dont follow right or left in politics, i follow those that make sense and even then its usually a combination of information from all available sources to reach my opinions.

as far as i am aware, there is no rule that one should not take personal responsibilty for ones life, maybe there should be.

Cool, thanks for you thoughts. Like I said before I try not to be discriminating or segragatory (is that a word?) but when talking about such issues as poverty and theft and basically everything that has been a stereotype towards black america, this is mostly what I see, so this makes it difficult to not have these feelings or views of a race. It's a touchy subject and can easily be argued for either side, I try to get both points of view and be very accepting of other cultures and ethnicities, it has helped me to learn a lot in the last 4 or 5 years of my life. Thanks again Pappy.

Pappy
06-28-2007, 01:39 PM
In all honesty the black race issue is almost irrelevant these days. The black friends I have look down on those of their race with distain as they faced alot of the same challenges that all blacks faced and with hard work they are making it. The race issue is about to blow up in this country with mexicans and it wont be very pretty.

Miss universe pagent, Miss USA booed by the Mexican section in the audience (shown on the nightly news and clearly spanish audience doing the heckling) Im not sure why there is such a mad exodus to this country if so many dont like us but it is what it is.

I heard today that a border fence camera caught illegals crossing and a unit was dispatched. Upon arriving the men started to flee and one of them fell into a canal. One officer jumped in to save him and one of the illegals started throwing rocks at that officer who was fighting for not only his own life but that of a man illegally entering our country. the other officers fired at the man but they escaped back to mexico. The officer who went in the water is ok, the illegal drowned and was found 4 miles down river. Yep, just the type of people we need coming here (ofcourse most will tell you they are all here for work...yah right)

and for those old enough to remember the time before "political correctness" id say you remember well that you called a spade a spade and it all worked out. blacks and whites, red or green, the problems will handle themselves. But now, the white race has been told it must be "sensitive" to other races and i ask why? common sense and decency can handle this all on its own without big brother telling me i need to treat another human being as such. i really dont care what color you are, you will get treated as you treat me and in retrospect maybe big brother should have been telling the minority races how best to get on with life and the bulk of racism would disappear all on its own. ofcourse now in 2007 we have so much of the nation divided that any disagreement is automatically deemed racial!

Ignorance has no color, no bank account and no religious belief.

300exOH
06-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I get irritated when I hear blacks say white man is keeping them down. I'm a middle class american so who am I holding down? I even did a little research and found out that in 5 generations(over 100 years) my family has NEVER held a slave. Also why do they get so PO'ed if someone white slips and calls them "bro" or "brother". I use the term all the time with my white friends so its become more of a friendly term and if I were to let it slip around a group of black guys I'd end up in the hospital. I just wish they would get off this racial thing and move on. They have as many opportunities as any other american citizen. And to me coming from poverty stricken areas is no excuse...there are just as many poor white folk who have made something of themselves. I may sound racist but really I believe there are good people and bad people. Black or white doesn't matter...if you act respectable I'll treat you treat you with respect.

I agree with pappy though. I think the black/white issue will be nearly forgotten about if the mexican illegals aren't brought under control.

Eviltanker
06-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Pappy, 300exOH I do believe I Agree with you guys

"and for those old enough to remember the time before "political correctness" id say you remember well that you called a spade a spade and it all worked out. blacks and whites, red or green, the problems will handle themselves. But now, the white race has been told it must be "sensitive" to other races and i ask why? common sense and decency can handle this all on its own without big brother telling me i need to treat another human being as such. i really dont care what color you are, you will get treated as you treat me and in retrospect maybe big brother should have been telling the minority races how best to get on with life and the bulk of racism would disappear all on its own. ofcourse now in 2007 we have so much of the nation divided that any disagreement is automatically deemed racial!

Ignorance has no color, no bank account and no religious belief."
WELL SAID PAPPY......