PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing

wrobben
06-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Whats the best way to drag race, any special tricks or anything to help u get ahead of the other guy off the line

EX Stud
06-25-2007, 07:35 AM
depends on what you are racing on sand, asphalt, etc...

in sand i start in 2nd gear and rev wide open and dump the clutch... don't be afraid to rev it up! lol

wrobben
06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
in sand at the dunes, i have sand skate II tires and idk if i like them to much friends i race against have straight fins and one of them has haulers

rooster300ex
07-04-2007, 08:51 PM
I've noticed when you rev it all the way up and dump the clutch it wants to spin to much. I rev it smooth up to the rev limiter, and my clutch damn near fixing to engage. Just to where its tryin to move. I guess its kinna like feathering it. Much better launches then totally dumping the clutch and spinning the **** out of em.And try different gears doing it this way it might work better for you. My buddies 400ex starts out better in 1st gear with me on it. I'm 225lbs though. You still dump the clutch but not from full disengage.

250r4life
07-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
I've noticed when you rev it all the way up and dump the clutch it wants to spin to much. I rev it smooth up to the rev limiter, and my clutch damn near fixing to engage. Just to where its tryin to move. I guess its kinna like feathering it. Much better launches then totally dumping the clutch and spinning the **** out of em..

yep....

whiteEX
07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
I do exactily the same way EX stud does and i get off the line pretty amazingly fast i am usually the first off the line too

lilyamaharacer4
12-01-2007, 09:10 PM
if u would wanna know bout that drag racing ask mac_ando he drags and he sure seems that he knows wat hes talkin bout with drag racing

pro-rider46
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
try dumping it on the last yellow and you should get a good reaction time. practice that

660r2a400ex
01-16-2008, 08:50 AM
take off as much $H1T as you can keeping the bike to still run, plastics, fan, battery, front brake assembly, all lights, air box, go on a diet, i think like every 10 lbs on a 450 is a hp. launch in 2nd, nail your shifts whith out letting off gas, slap shift if its fast for you, keep your wait on the front when launching and slide to the rear for traction, theres many tricks, keep the handle bars straight as possible, try to keep the bike from wheeling, short'n your axle,