PDA

View Full Version : LT 80 clutch ?

gd71
06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi guys, My daughters bike was running fine yesterday and then today when you take off it seems ok until you start to give it some gas and it starts making a noise in the side cover and slowing up like the clutch is slipping. It is a 2001 and has been ridden very little so I thought it odd that the shoes or belt would need replaced. Is that what it is and I was wondering what you guys thought it could be. Do you just buy stock replacement parts or is there an aftermarket source for them? Also do I need any special tools to take apart and do the job? I am going to order a manual when I order the parts. I also got a really good deal on some Boysen reeds for it and was wondering if I would see a difference by adding them? I think I will do the clutch mod to it also while I am in there. Thanks in advance for the info.

TRX450RACER174
06-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Someone had posted awhile back that the front rollers can get stuck because of the grease getting hard, you might take it apart and see if thats the case.

gd71
06-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Yea I am going to have to take it apart. I was hoping that it could sound like somethin commom to you guys so I could order the parts before I tore it down. I already have my sons blaster and my wife's Z400 tore down waiting on parts. When it hit me this time it hit me, seems like all of them are tearing up at the same time. Thanks for the reply.

gd71
08-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Well I finally got time to tear it down and I found that the plastic dampners in the front clutch assy were all broke. I got some new ones to put in. How much grease should I put in there with the rollers and does it matter which 2 I remove?

LT80
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
IUse a Q-tip of grease on each roller. The grease helps hold the rollers in durring installation.
Remove opposing rollers. ie: 2 rollers-space-2 rollers-space.:)

gd71
08-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the reply LT80. I just cleaned it up to put everything back together and found out that the brass or ? bushing in the moveable drive face that holds the rollers is busted. I looked on the micro fiche and it doesn't show that as a seperate piece and I think I have to buy the complete face which is $37.00. That stinks. My daughter is really getting impatient with me because of me waiting on parts (because I should of looked better the first time).

LT80
08-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Ya, that happens.
If time with your dealer ordering is a problem, I have a new one here. :)

gd71
08-08-2007, 05:06 AM
Let me know how much shipped to 45036. I also need 4 good rollers also. Mine could probably be reused but if you have new ones I would rather replace them. Can you take Pay-Pal?