PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Jetting for new mods

casey_lamm
06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I have gotten alot of help from others as to what to do with my stock 07 400 ex.

1st mods to be installed...I decided to go ahead and do it myself after some gentle poking from other members.

K&N Stage 1 Power kit with Dynojet kit.

HMF slipon.

Thats it. I want to jet it after installed those 2 mods.

What do you think would be a good size to start with?

Also, should I do anything to the idle setting and stuff like that.

Give that this bike is new and im adding that stuff...walk me through what I should do and I how I should tackle this project.

I have some pretty good diagrams and pictures of how to do the jetting...but want some people who have done it to talk me through it so to speak.

Thanks in advance!

TYayo420
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
go to the hot to section of here, and find the altitude link, find out your elevation first that has alot to do with jets, then ask ppl on here, or call the dealer and ask what ones, get 2 sizes of pilot, and main jet bigger, and 2 sizes of both smaller of whatever whoever recomends also to play with it to dial it in pefect.

casey_lamm
06-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Thank you lets start with the pilot one. People seem to be recommending a 42. If I understand this right that is simply to help starting am I correct?

Originally posted by TYayo420
go to the hot to section of here, and find the altitude link, find out your elevation first that has alot to do with jets, then ask ppl on here, or call the dealer and ask what ones, get 2 sizes of pilot, and main jet bigger, and 2 sizes of both smaller of whatever whoever recomends also to play with it to dial it in pefect.