PDA

View Full Version : 400EX LT Arms on a 450R

benroels
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Does any one know if you can use A Arms from a 400ex on a 450R? I feel really stupid in asking this question. I just got back into the sport (after 6 months!) and got a great deal on a 450R. Thanks for the help.

maddmatt02
06-21-2007, 10:33 PM
only if you wanna cut/weld. they wont bolt on, I found this out after I got a deal on 450 arms to put on a 300ex, didnt fit, and I know 400 arms are a bolt on deal for a 300.

Unverfehrt400ex
06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Yepp. they will not line up at the mounting point.

benroels
06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys!

FreeStylerEx
07-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Buddy of mine ran +2 standard travel aarms on his 450r for a few months till he got the cash for a new front end. He had to create a spacer for the aarms to makem fit. But the 450r aarms wont bolt to a 400ex they are about a inch or so wider. But if you want to create a spacer for the aarms, I would try it. hope this helps

maddmatt02
07-07-2007, 01:46 PM
you cant just get spacers, the mounting tabs on the frame surround the a arms mounting points on both sides, if one point lines up the other point cant even get close to the frame rail because the a arm point hits on of the tabs and keeps it out and then it doesnt work, you could cut off one tab and then put spacers from the tab it doesnt hit to the arm but then its not near as strong of a mounting point any more.

I got 450 arms on my 300(400s mount the same) and I had to cut weld, not use spacers. I can check how the 300s would go back in now that the tabs are at 450r specs, and im pretty sure even with spacers of some sort it aint gonna be close to happening.

300ex_#387
07-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by maddmatt02
you cant just get spacers, the mounting tabs on the frame surround the a arms mounting points on both sides, if one point lines up the other point cant even get close to the frame rail because the a arm point hits on of the tabs and keeps it out and then it doesnt work, you could cut off one tab and then put spacers from the tab it doesnt hit to the arm but then its not near as strong of a mounting point any more.

I got 450 arms on my 300(400s mount the same) and I had to cut weld, not use spacers. I can check how the 300s would go back in now that the tabs are at 450r specs, and im pretty sure even with spacers of some sort it aint gonna be close to happening.

Would you be able to do it with an a arm that has a heim joint? They are skinnier and use spacers to fill out the rest of the mounting tab.

FreeStylerEx
07-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Ok so you trying to say I'm lieing? There is a member on this website who did the same thing. I wil pull him up when I get up, I am currently on my cell phone. But I watched my buddy instal +2 lonestar aarms on his 450r. He used his stock shocks and everything was smooth as butter. He used spacers on the tabs closes to the motor. I will check and see if he has any photos of his bike with them.

maddmatt02
07-07-2007, 10:33 PM
actually I didnt even think fo that. yeah you should be able to, should have thought of it though cuz my boss's 400 has LSR +2's and they are heim joints. either way the directions I had to move my brackets, upper arm forward and lower arm back seems if you made the others work your caster angle would be far off.