PDA

View Full Version : 07 450er pro armor fat peg nerfs

trx450rbaja
06-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I have an 07 450er and just bought the pro armor fat peg nerfs in black and these things are way off as far as the alignment for the rear mounting also it looks like these things are supposed to mount to the peg that you install as well which is also way off. I've tried bending the brackets but to no a-vail any ideas on how to get them mounted would be greatly appreciated thx. :)

TRX450RACER174
06-21-2007, 07:42 PM
What do you mean by way off? I have a set coming from PRO-ARMOR as soon as they catch up they are out right now. Do yours mount to the front lower control arm mount? I mounted a set for my buddy and they were perfect but his are the regular FAT PEGS in bare aluminum same year 07.

trx450rbaja
06-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Well the front mounts up fine to the a arms but in the rear where it mounts up with the fender the bolt holes on the bracket are about a 1/4 inch to long I tried putting a bend in them but I can't get them to align with the holes. Also where they slide on to the peg you install there is a hole that doesn't align either it looks like it's rotated to far down. I bought these direct from pro armor and the said that they will fit an 04 and up but like I said it just looks like the holes are off I had DG before these on my old quad and wanted to try these with this one. Thanks

TRX450RACER174
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I would call them tomorrow and see what they say, I have had numerous other products of there's and had no probs, go on there web site and make sure they sent you the correct set if not call Lindsey Ebby tomorrow she is in cust service and tell her you are a ATVriders member she will take car of you. Good Luck let me know how it turns out as like i said i am waiting 4 a set cause they are on back order.

trx450rbaja
06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah shes the one I spoke to when I ordered these I placed a huge order I pretty much bought their entire line. but I will keep you posted it's just aggravating that I can't get these things on. Oh well hopefullt i'll get them on soon.

trx450rbaja
06-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Got them on what a royal pain in the butt that was it took alot of bending and paitience but at least they are on. Good luck with your install TRX450RACER174 hopefully yours will be easier.

Thanks for all the help
:D

Dupontster
06-22-2007, 07:20 PM
We put a set on at the beginning of the year and had no problems at all...We built a bike for a friend and used them there too with no problems....I took ours off today and put them back on with no problems...You must have got something wrong from Pro Armor...Did you mount your brackets (Pegs) on the right sides? There is a right and left....Sorry you had a problem but we really like ours....

trx450rbaja
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah I checked that time and time again. they were fine up front it was just the rear that was giving me the problem. I called Pro Armor and spoke with one of their techs he said sometimes they are a little off and just coax them into place so after alot of bending and beating they went on and they look great. i'll post pics once it's complete it's getting it's graphics next week. this will be my new Baja Quad so it is pretty beefy.

johng
06-22-2007, 10:59 PM
turns out as like i said i am waiting 4 a set cause they are on back order.

I just got some today from Golden West, They have them in stock, I paid $239.99

04TRX400EX
06-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
We put a set on at the beginning of the year and had no problems at all...We built a bike for a friend and used them there too with no problems....I took ours off today and put them back on with no problems...You must have got something wrong from Pro Armor...Did you mount your brackets (Pegs) on the right sides? There is a right and left....Sorry you had a problem but we really like ours....

Yeah, this ^^^ may be what happened. I know that when I installed mine on my 400 I attached the black "pegs" to the stock mounting locations but reversed them. They have a slight bend in the mounting tabs so if the holes don't line up, left was probably on right and vice versa.

400exrider707
06-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Sounds exactly like the pegs were on the wrong sides and/or upside down possibly .... ;)

trx450rbaja
06-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Actually I tried it both ways but it was the same either way. But they are on now and working fine the only downside is today I broke the rear linkage so now I need to find a replacement for that.

06-23-2007, 11:30 PM
what part of the linkage

trx450rbaja
06-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I just started a topic on it. But it is the link that connects in the rear of the swingarm.

06-23-2007, 11:42 PM
if it is the one the shock connects to, i have one from my 06 that i'll sell to you...it has no bearings as i put them in my gt thuner linkage...make me an offer

06-23-2007, 11:45 PM
nm...shouldda read your other thread