PDA

View Full Version : What are the best first modifcations for a Banshee

Mxjunkie
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
What aftermarket products would you sugguest to someone who has just purchased their first Banshee. Performance, looks, safety and protection is all good suggestions! :macho

97blaster200
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
pipes, intake, tires.

400exrider989
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
eliminator kit for tors and parking brake
all jets you wel need
FMF pipe
tires suited for terrain
VF3 reeds
pro design foam filter kit
airbox snorkel takin off
good oil and always premium
keep everything tight
use good oil (premix)
never go above 32:1 no matter what oil

and keep jetting spot on

Mxjunkie
06-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Mine would have to be a set of rear tires so you can actually ride the machine instead of spinning the tires all the time. Trinity offers a great 10mm reed spacer, vforce reed cages are also my pick for a reed set up! Pipes, fmf fatty or a 2 into 1 set up, dyno-port, dmc etc.. Air filter, uni, twinair or k&n I've had good luck with all, Pro design timing advance plate is a huge improvement my cousins banshee is a stock bore unit and I have it set at +4 and it's amazing, runs very crisp. The most important is the t.o.r.s removal kit! It makes jetting simple and cleans up the look of the quad.. A good cheap trick is to drop the front tooth to a 13, it make's the motor run on the band a little more and make's it easyier to ride in tight sections.. A billet water pump pro peller, belive it or not those thing's are a excellent investment, I pulled the stock propeller out of my 4 mill and it was warped, cracked and had been rubbing the case because of the warp. I suppose you can't ask much from plastic lol! Last but not least, never put a boost bottle on a Banshee, they are 1980's technogly that doesn't work, they vibrate and bounce around causing your intake boot's to rip and inreturn can lean your motor out! Oil to gas ratio I like 40:1 which is 16 ounces to 5 gallons of fuel..

The most logical thing to do is buy front and rear shocks, +2 + 1 A-arms and an axle, invest in wheels and tires, handle bars, change the gearing and throw some nerfbars on it and race it as is, Many waste money on 600 dollar exhaust system's when they could be handling much better.. Banshee's are wicked fast and I've had my fair share of moments where I've wanted a stock motor and handling aspects instead, specially on a mx track :blah:

I made this thread because I've allway's wondered what everyones tips and tricks are for these machines, with the new 450's out I know many of us are still racing and riding our Banshee's, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt if we shared our secrets :cool:

banshee84
06-22-2007, 12:29 PM
-2" swingarm :D

Dinner
06-22-2007, 03:41 PM
never go above 32:1 no matter what oil
Just curious why?

97blaster200
06-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
Just curious why?

hes stupid.....josh(mxjunkie) runs 40:1 in his shee

N2SAND
06-22-2007, 11:59 PM
The first thing I did to mine besides remove the tors and add pipes/filters/jeting, was get the head milled lighten the flywheel, and put on a pro design timing plate I tried +4 degrees but found it ran better at +7 those mods made huge differance, with stock gearing and 22 inch tall haulers I went for pulling a hard 3rd gear to a solid 4th up comp at the dunes. Then I tore the motor down had the crank welded, put in a set of barnett clutches, ported the cylinders with wiesco pistons, put in a high flow dual outlet pingel valve for a seperate gas feed to each carb, vforce 3 reeds and a billet custom intake from D&M racing. Also have a ricky stator 200w stator trail tech lights w/50w lamps and bunch of cascade billet stuff. I run it on av gas mixed with klotz @ 36:1, 2+1 arms and +4 swingarm are next on the to do list

culichi
06-23-2007, 12:10 AM
CPI PIPES!!:devil:

DVXracer
06-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Toomey T-6 kit

06-24-2007, 07:21 PM
if it is just a single mod, i would take off the stock ait filter set up, too much dirt will get into the motor. The stock set up is horrible

firefighterjosh
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
32:1 Oil mixture.
Rear Tires at minimum
skids
pipes, intake (pro design)
Shocks
that would be a good start.:D

400exrider989
06-25-2007, 11:39 AM
DEE DEE DEE http://www.mxboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85

Mxjunkie
06-26-2007, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
if it is just a single mod, i would take off the stock ait filter set up, too much dirt will get into the motor. The stock set up is horrible

UM has a really trick aluminum airbox from what I've herd, I wouldn't mind having one because mine's cracked from casing the Rausch tripple from almost 2 year's ago :blah:

Dinner
06-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider989
DEE DEE DEE http://www.mxboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85

I can agree with that, but when you say don't run it higher than 32:1..it won't hurt it. I run mine at 40:1 as well, Amsoil Dominator..and nothing has gone wrong with mine for 2 years. I used to run 32:1, but to be honest, my engine likes 40:1 better. As long as you know how to jet, keep your engine maintained, you will be fine...to a certain extent