PDA

View Full Version : My new Toy

jrspawn
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, ive been planning a rhino build for a while now, and finally picked one up to start with last night.

First off, even in stock form its a Blast to drive. I cant believe ive went this long without owning one already:devil:

Heres a couple quick pics i snapped of her tonight. Pretty much all stock with some little normal bolt ons/mods done. I have some serious plans for it and a Major overhaul starting shortly on it. Shes gonna become an all out race machine, i am hoping to at least make the englishtown WPSA event, but as of right now its not looking too good with the time im estimating ill have all the chassis done by and everything set right. But who knows, i might just make it in time
:macho

Thank you
Justin

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/Newrhino0011.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/Newrhino0021.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/Newrhino0031.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/Newrhino0041.jpg

honda8&3
06-21-2007, 06:11 PM
OMG i am so jealous... How much?:D

DVXracer
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Nice ride bro. If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living ?

quads14589
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
awsome ride i met some guy out in my woods who had one, said it would go threw anything.

MO-EX-RIDER
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
sweet...when im tired of my quad, a side by side will be the next toy

mxraptor149
06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
If you want some custom parts like bumpers, side panels, etc., contact Tarantula Performance Racing.

check out their Web site and see what they do for quads:

www.tprusa.com/default

Here's an example of their bumpers

mxraptor149
06-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Brian has been looking for someone doing a Rhino build that he can do some custom work for, so maybe in trade he can cut you a deal. Let me know if you want to contact him directly.

trx400EXtreme
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
sweet ride. is that stock width? it doesnt look like it.:macho

Robin Hood
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Justin, I'm sure you'll work it into the most hardcore machine ever... Just like all your other projects. :devil:

WhiteYFZ
06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
im sure itll turn out sick.. u build some nice stuff

TWISTED
06-21-2007, 08:14 PM
A Justin built Rhino........ I can't wait!!!

jrspawn
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
A Justin built Rhino........ I can't wait!!!

Oh stop it, you guys are making me blush:blah: :devil:

I really appreciate the comments though, it means alot. As for the rhino, trust me it will be sick. Out west the rhino scene is HUGE, and sounds like there are custom rhino shops popping up everywhere out there, but at home here on the east coast the rhino racing is still growing. Which makes it a little hard for someone to build one with the lack of custom rhino builders or specialized shops in the sport out here. That was my one discouraging problem with doing one, the reason i kicked the idea around for so long. But i said screw it, ill do it all myself, it cant be that hard now can it:huh :eek2: So the fun begins!

Now i keep stumbing over what arm and shock combo im going to end up with. There are alot of good arm companies out there, but about All of them have good and bad feedback, seems like there isnt one that shines above the rest by far. And shocks, thats another story.

trx400EXtreme- the wheels are actually stockers that flipped around to offset the width for now, they can be pretty tipsy at stock width and a crazy driver:D

Thank you
Justin

iraq66
06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
we have about 10 of them on our base here in iraq we beat the helll out of them i been trying to get one in a box to take home with me...almost got it

jrspawn
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, i decided to put some paint on her last night:D This is just a bse that i put down on it for now. Its a plastic specific paint/coating that i have to let sit for about a week them sand it out and follow up with a top and clear. But it turned out pretty good i think.

All of the suspension should be in mid next week or so, and then the fun begins. Time to start hacking her all up and turning it into a beast:devil:

Thank you
Justin

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/Paintedrhinoyellow0031.jpg

XCAdam89
07-13-2007, 12:13 PM
You like yellow don't you?? haha

I've noticed that scheme on alot of the quads you build, but they all end up turning out sick, just like this one will! Keep us posted!

jrspawn
07-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, i def like yellow. When the chassis and body work is all done, the paint will look like a mini me version of one of my mustangs:D

Thank you
Justin

honda8&3
07-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Well heres my prediction on the Rhino.
http://www.rhinoxtreme.com/pics/082606/P8267164-01.jpg
:devil:

bansheerider4
07-13-2007, 07:29 PM
i think its gonna look sssiiiccckkkk!!!!!

and if you dont mind me asking...umm are you like a gagillionaire or something?

jrspawn
07-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
i think its gonna look sssiiiccckkkk!!!!!

and if you dont mind me asking...umm are you like a gagillionaire or something?

Thanks man, i always take pride in making sure everything i put out there is pretty sick.

And i am FAR from being rich. No big fancy house or anything like that here. I just like to have only the best of toys and build nothing but top notch machines. The rhino project is really hurting the wallet though, all said in done it will be well over a 30,000 race toy. But im saving a good bit of money here and there by doing all of the fab work myself and also ive picked a few sponsors on it that are helping with some of the parts. Im always open to any more help though:D

Thank you
Justin

Ghost-Rider
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Should be cool in the end, i like the yellow.

Crazy lil punk
07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Is that another rhino in the trailer? behind the yellow one in the stright on picture

quadwanter
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
Is that another rhino in the trailer? behind the yellow one in the stright on picture

lmao :devil: