PDA

View Full Version : who rides their R450 in the woods??

enduro400rider
06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
well i stoped at my local dealer and fell in love with the r450s. the sales guy even told me they are going to put the 07s on sale for $6300 so that just about sealed the deal. i mostly ride trails and do alot of road ridding. i noticed that they are pretty low to the ground but i compaired ground clearance to the other 450s and the R450 seems to only be about an inch lower. the trail i ride are pretty open but some sections have some deeper ruts, im assuming since the R450 is wide i can just straddle the ruts but im still a little worried about the clearance, i would plan to put 20s on the rear and 21s up front but until then i would ride stock. how do you guys like your 450s in the woods? and problems? anything you would reccomend. and also what does the factory warrenty cover?

slomofo
06-22-2007, 01:34 PM
i ride mine in the woods all the time and on atv trails and it works just fine. i prefer it to my wifes Z400 as far as handling goes. if you plan on riding where you need more ground clearance, put a 13 tooth front sprocket on the front and throw some 20" rear tires on the back instead of the 18" tires that are on there. the 13 tooth will help with the tire sice going up. the stock rears are really good but if you go up to a 20" you will obviously have more clearance. the only thing i ever hit is the brake rotor guard.

MOTORIDER68
06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I hit the woods hard for the first time this past weekend, I took the 20's off my 400ex and it was awesome. Just like slomofo said a 13T front sprocket, soften your shocks, steering dampener, cherry bomb, and flexx bars and I promise you will absolutly love it!!!! I have always had wide bikes so I can't stand to be on a narrow one, I have buddies that fly on them though I just cant do it, to me you can't beat stablility. Good luck and have fun!!

culichi
06-23-2007, 12:06 AM
its really fun because of the long first gears but the only problem its that i used it on a mountan bike woods trial so it was damm narroww and i crashedd:( and just got some bruises on my legs because of the ijmpact with the bars

but it was damm fun

kbrown
06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I race mine xc and I got a lonestar axle and it really helps. The rear end is really the problem because it catches on all of the trees. The front end does good for me but im not afraid to rub a tree. Put some 4-1 offset on the front and it will be small narrow enough unless you are going to be racing in a real competitive nature where a couple of minutes matter. For the normal rider it doesnt so I would jsut throw some z400 hubs on the rear and be good for recreational riding.