PDA

View Full Version : Help, problem with AC pro peg mounts

73watermutt
06-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I have AC designs blackline pro peg nerfs and I cannot get the front nerf bar mounts to line up with the motor mount bolts. Any help would be great. Here are some pics of the problem.

73watermutt
06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
another pic

73watermutt
06-21-2007, 04:24 PM
pic

73watermutt
06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
nerf pic

400ex_rider13
06-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I would send the pictures and nerf bars back to AC Racing. See what they have to say.

otsxo
06-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Well I have those nerfs and love them, but the fit sucks. I didn't have the problem you are having, but had all sorts of other problems. I had to drill out the peg mounts big time to make them fit. Sorry I don't have any specific solutions. Once you do get them on you'll want to add an additional bolt through the peg or they'll rattle like crazy.
Another note. My friend has them for his raptor and he also had major fit issues. Once he got them on he too loves them.

Luke24
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi, I have those nerf bars and mine the front mount is almost straight up and down.. It looks like yours are angled forward to much..

otsxo
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Luke24
Hi, I have those nerf bars and mine the front mount is almost straight up and down.. It looks like yours are angled forward to much..

Yeah, I just checked mine and the front mounts are almost straight up and down too. Yours look way to angled. Not sure how you can make that work.
Man, AC really needs to improve the fit/consistency on these things.

73watermutt
06-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I have had trouble with mounting on AC products in the past as well but nothing like this. I want to get this fixed ASAP. I want to ride:mad:

bansheemorphine
06-21-2007, 08:26 PM
mine was about the same as yours the mount on the nerf bars were way too far ahead of the motormount bolt i took a ratchet strap and hooked it to the heel guard and to the front of the nerf bar and tightened it up untill it pulled it back enough to get the bolt in

hornetgod13
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I own a set of AC Pro Peg Nerfs and they were a living hell to install. They did not fit right and the installation instuctions were worthless. I had to bend them significanly just to get them to fit. After I spent 3 hours to get them on, I was so pissed that I sent AC a nasty e-mail to let them know how unhappy I was. They look great and function well once installed but, it was ridiculous trying to put them on.

Here's the actual e-mail I sent to AC. I got no resonse back, go figure.

AC Racing,
I own a Honda TRX400EX. I recently purchased a set of your Black Line Pro Peg Nerf Bars from an online store. I was excited when they arrived. They looked great and I was eager to install them. Being an aircraft mechanic for 18 years I figured this would be an easy task. I had all the required tools and plenty of time. Once I started installing the nerfs I discover the instructions were difficult to follow and the black and white photos where impossible to see clearly. To make matters worse I discovered that the Nerfs were near impossible to line up. I challenge you to fit a pair of the same nerfs I purchased on another 400EX and you'll see the frustration I had to deal with. It took 2 men and pry bars to get them to fit. Once installed they look fantastic but, to get them on was pure hell.
I strongly recommend better instructions (quad specific) with clear photos and properly fitting Nerfs. I wouldn't recommend your product to another rider unless changes are made.

mic 902
06-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Those nerfs are hopeless. I installed them and went racing. After practice something felt odd. The whole nerf bar bent downwards just from me standing on the footpeg. Im no heavy guy. Around 85KG. Dont really jump that big. Was a big pain in the ***** to get them to go on aswell. :mad: So now we are getting some stronger mounts made up and the guy that imports AC into AUS is paying for it. But we shouldnt have to get new ones made in the 1st place.

texasman20
09-10-2009, 05:10 PM
I just ordered the same exact nerfs and got them back and my mount doesnt line up worth a crap either! mine are the off the other direction, right between the 2 bolts.

How did you get yours to fit? or should i just ship these things back to the ebay seller i bought them from???

texasman20
09-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Got them installed after a couple hours and 2 guys using pry bars. Big pain in the *** but once installed they look and feel geat. Just be ready to fight them the entire way.