PDA

View Full Version : hotcam/ break in

81 clark racing
06-21-2007, 03:15 PM
i have a 04 400ex just put a hotcam stage 2 in it. i bought it new but the guy no longer had the papers. so whats the break in proccess anything i should or could do to help it out? thanxs

Sparky_20
06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
i just put one in too, easy break in. Start it up and ride it around for 30 min varying the rpm's. Dont let it idle and dont lug the engine, also no WOT. Try to keep it at or above 3k rpm. After riding for 30 minutes re-check the valve clearance and change the oil and filter. Easy as pie. The valve clearance should be .005 intake and .006 exhaust. Thats SAE numbers.

supernatural
06-23-2007, 05:45 PM
i have a similar set up on my o4 can you let me know how the cam is and if its worth doing? good power upgrade, worth the money?

81 clark racing
06-24-2007, 06:09 AM
yup i sure will. its at the shop still i had them put it in i dont have the time or patenice (sp) haha

Ispep1012
06-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by supernatural
i have a similar set up on my o4 can you let me know how the cam is and if its worth doing? good power upgrade, worth the money?

I just did a Stage 1 cam, 11.1 piston and a WB E2 slip-on. At first the performance was nothing I expected, but I did notice a difference. After tuning the jets in it felt as if it started pulling harder and harder the closer I got to the right jet's. It wasnt until I rode side by side with a stock 400ex that I noticed the difference. Anyways to make a long story short the front end pulls up very easily now and I can go through all gears down the road while keeping the front end up. Hope that may help.

Rick