PDA

View Full Version : Denton Stabilizer

4trax250x81
06-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I just got done installing the rebulidable Denton steering stabilizer to my '05 King. I am going up-north to do some trail riding on saturday, Ill let you guys know how it works out. The installation was easy other than grinding the bracket done that bolts on the steering stem. Ill try and post on Sunday on how effective it was with the bump steer.

4trax250x81
06-24-2007, 09:30 AM
The stabilizer worked great, definetely worth the money. It has 7 positions for adjustment and I think mine is in the 6th position. 1=softest, 7=hardest. One of the trails went down a blacktop road for awile and I was cruising along pretty good and there was no more of the "floating" steering feeling. If you guys have any questions about it just let me know. I think it made a world of difference.

firefighterjosh
06-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Do you have the Caster mod done to yours? If not, did ithe sabilizer take away the touching steering?

4trax250x81
06-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Do you have the Caster mod done to yours? If not, did ithe sabilizer take away the touching steering?

I do not have the caster mod done, but I still felt it helped alot. I know they said by doing both its almost perfect but I feel alot safer by just getting the stabilizer.

firefighterjosh
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
thats the reason I have not doen mine yet. I am accually on the look out for some bottom a arms.

4trax250x81
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
thats the reason I have not doen mine yet. I am accually on the look out for some bottom a arms.

I would still put the stabilzer on until you get you a-arms. It will only help more when you get them then.

firefighterjosh
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I have a stabilizer just the end is too small and will not fit on my stem. So I think I may just grind a little off. Maybe I will do that this weekend:D

4trax250x81
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I have a stabilizer just the end is too small and will not fit on my stem. So I think I may just grind a little off. Maybe I will do that this weekend:D

I had the same problem. I used a bandsaw and cut a layer off and then touched it up with a dremel. It took a little while but it worked.