PDA

View Full Version : Jamestown Result

JAKE YATES
06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
THEY PUT THE BIKES UP WHY NOT THE ATV"S ???????????? WE RUN BEFORE THEM...................

old-XC-guy
06-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Becouse their lazy... Dirt bikes are up like the next day..! Last time I heard the Atvs bring in just as many as the bikes . Always nice to race and dont know where your at in points.

bjones
06-22-2007, 04:22 AM
The reason the atv's scores are not posted is because the scorekeeper does not send the result to the webmaster via a mermory stick and e-mail. The M/c scorekeeper must send them after he gets home Sunday night.

Jason Smith
06-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Has anyone ever thought about spliting ATVs away and starting our own series? I ran my first Iowa race a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with the all ATV series. I spoke to the president and several members and they all said that they used to have the same problems our series has. That is why they created their own series. They also said that once they did this, attendence,sponsors,and satsifaction sky-rocketed.
Do not get me wrong I enjoy the Missouri series, especially being able to race on Saturdays. But it is obvious to me that our series ranks us second class compared to the MC riders. Just something to think about. [B]

Log
06-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I agree that both results should be posted as quickly as possible because viewing the results is something most riders look forward to after a race.

Jason, how long have you been involved with the MHSC? I see that you are from Kansas, is there a harescramble ATV series in your state? I know currently the Forward Motion series in Kansas only runs bikes, I don't know if they have included ATVs in the past.

Specifically, why do you feel that the MHSC series treats you as second class citizens compared to the bike guys?

Thanks.

79400ex
06-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Jason Smith
Has anyone ever thought about spliting ATVs away and starting our own series? I ran my first Iowa race a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with the all ATV series. I spoke to the president and several members and they all said that they used to have the same problems our series has. That is why they created their own series. They also said that once they did this, attendence,sponsors,and satsifaction sky-rocketed.
Do not get me wrong I enjoy the Missouri series, especially being able to race on Saturdays. But it is obvious to me that our series ranks us second class compared to the MC riders. Just something to think about. [B]

THat has been talked about before. However, you would find that Tracks that run bikes and ATV,s would be the same. Also, the Iowa Series is controled by one person that set up everything were as the Missouri is a group of promotors coming together to put on a series.

burrows
06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by bjones
The reason the atv's scores are not posted is because the scorekeeper does not send the result to the webmaster via a mermory stick and e-mail. The M/c scorekeeper must send them after he gets home Sunday night.

Isn't there a printer on the scorekeeper thingy that the atv scorekeeper can make a copy to give to the webmaster at the race if he is there or give a copy to the bike scorekeepr and I am sure he would send it with the bike result. I know it use to be done.

SHEP400EX
06-22-2007, 09:11 PM
i agree, i mean we are on round 7 and we only have up to round 4 up on the site. how hard is it to copy and forward or mail a cd with the results? jason we have talked about splitting the series for a while but it however takes alot of landowners and people to run theses series that are committed. every year we lose some tracks and sometimes we gain some. the marceline race was set up for bikes only but they wanted to give quads a race separate from the bike course to keep theirs tight and that is why we have such a short course. from what i heard from last year, even though short it was still fun. anyway these are my thoughts.:) see ya at the race guys!

Jason Smith
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry it took me awhile to respond to your questions but I am glad I waited to after the Marceline race. I am new to XC this is my first year. Kansas does not have a XC ATV series that I know of. The only reason I brought up splitting ATVs and MCs apart is that I hear alot of people complaining how the MC guys and the series treats the ATV guys. I have nothing against MCs I actually use to race motorcycles in MX. The Marceline race this weekend was a prime example of my point about being treated second class when compared to MCs. I arrived at the race Friday evening about 7pm they were still putting the parking area up in hay. I asked where to park and was rudely lectured that we should be grateful to even be able to race at Marceline. Prior to that converstation I had never said a negative thing about the Marceline race but I was greeted with hostility from the MHSCS chairman, Jay Williams. Marceline was his race, ran on his land, and organized by him. I am not blaming Jay for the muddy conditions. I feel the trail would have been fun if we would not have recieved so much rain. But I am blaming Jay for the poor organization and lack of respect he gave to the ATV racers. Case in point the hats that were given as trophies.

tprender
06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
When you come to the next race (Racers) you will see a different outlook from the people that will be putting on the race. We kind of hope that it will rain.
We are planning on giving away hats also. Jake, make sure that you look me up and I will make sure that you get 2 hats.

MO-EX-RIDER
06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
^^ can't wait! tom and his crews do wonderful things in our series(the sponsors, they create miles of good track, and also help out the racers by getting dirty+pulling them out or arrowing up new lines within 5-10 minutes of a problem-"from my experience") and racers for research was my 1st race ever and probaly my favorite layout in the series...only down fall is the usual dry + hot conditions of july :devil: :devil: