PDA

View Full Version : MAIER Plastics - Opinions Wanted

Humrz28
06-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Hello. I just saw the new plastics that Maier is putting out for the Trx300Ex. I need to replace my plastics, but wanted to get reviews first. I prefer Fullbore over Maier, but considering the limited choices for the 300ex, Maier pulls ahead in style. What are you thoughts on the Maier plastics? Are they sturdy or flimsy? Do they hold up well? I want to get the black plastics as well. Any reviews are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashley

54warrior
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, given the choice between Maier and Fullbore, the Fullbore's get my vote everytime. After seeing the quality of the Maier plastics vs. the quality of the Fullbores, it's an easy decision. Overall fit/finish/quality of the Fullbore's is way better.

A friend bought the "new" shiny Maier's awhile back and they sure didn't retain their shine. Another friend bought a set of race cut R plastics from Fullbore that he ran probably 12 races on, plus an entire summer of riding and they still looked new.

The Fullbore's also come pre-drilled for all the mounting points too.

Are these the Maier's your talking about? If so, I'd almost be convinced to overlook everything I said above and go ahead and get them. The improvement in the looks department is drastically improved.
http://www.maier-mfg.com/ezcart/products/11731.jpg

redltz
06-22-2007, 01:33 AM
i just got my red maier plastic for my z400
they are cheaper and stronger plastic.

<DRS>GPF
06-24-2007, 06:08 AM
i wouldnt get stock colors if i were buying aftermarket.. whats the point?

my maier plastics(granted, it was the full fender with lights set) look nice but are a horrible fit.. no pre-drilled holes, panels wouldnt line up.. molded thin in areas.. i even had to cut slots for the side panels to lock into, since their's were off by 1/2"..

poor overall quality.. ill never buy maier, or recommend their parts again.
but thats only my experience..

81 clark racing
06-24-2007, 08:54 AM
i have maier on my 400ex and ya they dont line up to well and i had to drill holes etc but i got them on and they fit preatty good and still have a nice shine to them worth the money imo.

fasterz69
06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
ihad them on my blaster(pic below) and they were good but the front i had to mess with but what ever you do do not get black they get scratched way too badly, this is when i first got them and they looked goot now there all scratched up but still have good shine

Humrz28
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the opinions. Yes, 54Warrior, those are the plastics I want to get, just in black. They look SO much better then the stock ones. If Fullbore had ones that looked like that I would have no question about who to buy from. I love the new look that Maier came out with for the 300, but I like Fullbores quality, ugh, decisions decisions! At least the 300 isn't my main quad, just a backup bike, lol.

honda300EXtreme
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
IMO the maiers are great plastics, there strong and look good, i've put mine through hell... and still look great

motoxgirl419
07-21-2007, 09:25 AM
We loved the look that Maier came out for the blaster. I liked the YFZ rear fender look as well.

It was so hard to choose what color to get. But we ended up buying our plastic through BDawgs plastics.

whiteEX
07-21-2007, 09:58 AM
i have just recently bought the maier plastics in like may or something and i have ridin it with the plastic on like 7 times the only scratches i have is down where ur foot goes down by the foot peg my boots scratched the plastic but overall they are pretty good plastic and it keeps a really nice shine too, i have not tried fullbore but with the maier i did have to drill holes yet my plastic did line up correctly i love the plastic it sets me apart from the whole group that i ride with

exsweetie66
08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
i <3 my maier plastics... they've retained thier shine nicely, and if i ever get boot rub or anything i just take the good ole' toothbrush and 409 to it and it comes right off....as you can see shes still as gorgeous as when i put the plastics on it the first time.

Ruby Soho
08-14-2007, 09:00 AM
maier plastic is okay, it looks great but they dont line up to well, and you need to drill all the holes.

7/10 IMO

honda300EXtreme
08-14-2007, 09:15 AM
i love my maiers...

they came predrilled and everything lined up fine...
plus there tuff as hell

thats my 0.02

allstock
08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
my maiers lined up fine. my only complaint is that they have all these small brackets that always snap