PDA

View Full Version : Stock PEP revalved 250R shocks

Slinky
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I have front and rear 250R shocks that have been revalved by PEP..i'd like 150 shipped for them.

spent21
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
i may be amiss, but i thought the stock front shocks on a 250r were not rebuildable?:ermm:

Slinky
06-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by spent21
i may be amiss, but i thought the stock front shocks on a 250r were not rebuildable?:ermm:
i was always under this impression too, but these have had pep's fingers into them. I'm not sure what exactly was done to them but there are schrader vavles welded onto the boddies and they have a much better feel to them than a stock shock...like something in the valving was changed. They came on my 89 R that i had bought back in 98, sold, then a guy put them on an 86 that i purchased just last january.

spent21
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
would you consider splitting them up? i already have a set of limited mass PEP's on the front.
how much would you want for the rear, and what is it set up for?

Slinky
06-21-2007, 12:42 PM
would you consider splitting them up? i already have a set of limited mass PEP's on the front.
how much would you want for the rear, and what is it set up for? I'll split them up...80 shipped for the rear...not sure what its setup for...i'm around 185 gear and it handled anything i could throw at it....if i hadnt got a custom axis for the rear of mine i would have matched it up with my TCS ZPS's on the front. I was thinking about having the fluids changed in it but never got around to it. If thats something you'd like done i can have it serviced for an extra fee.

spent21
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
let me sleep on it. i'd have to have it changed up anyway since i'm only around a buck-fifty. now that i think about it....i can have mine rebuilt. i haven't had this bike out in about 4 years, so it's not like i'd have the downtime. thanks anyway. still a good deal.

Slinky
06-21-2007, 12:56 PM
let me sleep on it. i'd have to have it changed up anyway since i'm only around a buck-fifty. now that i think about it....i can have mine rebuilt. i haven't had this bike out in about 4 years, so it's not like i'd have the downtime. thanks anyway. still a good deal. no problem....you should send it out to GT thunder or TCS and just have it built to your specs.

Zilla36deuce
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
got pics of the rear?