PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech Vapor Computer for outlaw 525???

Eddie11gt
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Any info on Trail Tech Vapor Computer for the outlaw 525? Is it easy to install?? Does it work???

rundrave
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
I have one for my scrambler, I know its not an outlaw but the vapor is a great little gadget.

The installation was pretty easy, cut the radiator hose insert the temp sensor, wrapt the tach wire around the spark plug cable about 10 times, and install the magnets for the speedometer and your all set.

These things hold up to the elements too. I have had mine covered in mud, washed it off at the car wash and it hasnt skipped a beat.

much more accurate temp reading and you always know exactly what temp your running. there is programmable hot light indicators if you do start to run hot.

you can also program your shift points that doesnt apply to me but will or the sport quads. I used it to dial in my clutch setup to figure out what RPM range I wanted my belt to engage on my scrambler.

Its got a pretty decent backlight display that lets you see it at night as well. The timer is great for racing hare scramble's because I know when the 2hrs is coming up.