PDA

View Full Version : Talked to our Can-Am rep today.

Punk'd
06-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I work at a Can-Am dealer and today our rep came in. He told me he has ridden one breifly, said the thing flat out rips and he didnt even hit 5th gear, It handles amazing and is very comfortable. I asked him how it compared to the other 450's on the market and he anwsered "this bike blows them all away by far".

He told me he didnt get a chance to really check out the suspension, but he did add that the seat is soft and ride positition feels similar to a yfz.

BUT there is bad news. He also told me they will not be released until Oct-Nov. He said very few will be released beforehand and most will go to CA.

I was upset when he told me the release date. I hope its not true, but he does work for them and told me hes positive.

BTW: All the info about the ds450 can be trusted due to the fact that our Can-Am rep owns a YAMAHA YFZ450 and not a Can Am. He acually races TT.

If you guys have any questions please ask and ill do my best to anwser or find out.

PS: He promised me first dibs on one:D

Thanks,
Randy

TWISTED DINLI
06-21-2007, 08:25 AM
sweeeeet. thats awesome. i hope this quad does really well in the nationals when the Pro's race it.

madini
06-21-2007, 04:44 PM
My dealer also came up with an October delivery date just today.They must have sent word to all the Reps today.Looks like we will see the KTM in action at Snowshoe GNCC very soon.Good!

Punk'd
06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by madini
My dealer also came up with an October delivery date just today.They must have sent word to all the Reps today.Looks like we will see the KTM in action at Snowshoe GNCC very soon.Good!

I wonder what set them back from July to Oct?

This sucks..

joedirt
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
You would think that Can-Am would have had it ready to go right after the full reveal.

Punk'd
06-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by joedirt
You would think that Can-Am would have had it ready to go right after the full reveal.

You would think so.. I cant wait for this thing to hit dealers. I WANT ONE!

bradley300
06-27-2007, 12:38 AM
you guys are getting awful worked up based on what a can am dealer rep says, lol. what did you think he was gonna say? "its OK, but i like hondas better" ? i'll wait until someone i know gets one before i make any desicions, it does have some nice stuff tho

nicker71
06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I feel the same as bradley300.

Punk'd
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
you guys are getting awful worked up based on what a can am dealer rep says, lol. what did you think he was gonna say? "its OK, but i like hondas better" ? i'll wait until someone i know gets one before i make any desicions, it does have some nice stuff tho

I can see where your coming from and you all can believe what you want to believe. All I know is this guy isnt just our rep, he is our friend. We knew him way before he got the job and he isnt some guy to lie to me or my co-workers about something so stupid.

I could understand if he was just our rep and nothing else, but that isnt the case I assure you:)

Just trying to get info out to ya guys.

TMSmx47
06-30-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm def interested in the DS.. Just wanna see it in person first and sit on it.. Was never a big fan of the YFZ.. Actually i hate yamaha so much they make me sick! :D

Supercup
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I can see where your coming from and you all can believe what you want to believe. All I know is this guy isnt just our rep, he is our friend. We knew him way before he got the job and he isnt some guy to lie to me or my co-workers about something so stupid.

I could understand if he was just our rep and nothing else, but that isnt the case I assure you:)

Just trying to get info out to ya guys.

I also have a long time friend who is the Sales Manager of a major Dealer in S. Calif. He went to the release and rode the DS -450 and he was super impressed, he told me the best stock 450 he had ridden to date.

He has been riding since he could walk, has ridden all the 450's quite a bit. So there is another, more independent opinion from someone in the industry who can ride and who has no agenda.

We both have highly modded Banshee's and highly modded Honda 450's. It wasn't one of those, but an impressive starting point.

JCM

seth65
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks Punk'd:D . I've been waiting to here release times forever.

Punk'd
10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by seth65
Thanks Punk'd:D . I've been waiting to here release times forever.

N/P bro.. I think they changed them to late Oct/Early Nov. Hopefully thats accurate.

joedirt
10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I think Can-Am messed up. Too much hype and still no quad. At least KTM has theirs out in limited numbers.

Punk'd
10-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I think Can-Am messed up. Too much hype and still no quad. At least KTM has theirs out in limited numbers.

Please explain how they messed up?:confused:

joedirt
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
They show us a quad and another manufaturer puts a quad out in the mean time and still no quad from them. Too much hype. I know your a Can AM fan

Punk'd
10-11-2007, 06:36 PM
They show us a quad and another manufaturer puts a quad out in the mean time and still no quad from them. Too much hype. I know your a Can AM fan

Things take time and im sick of waiting as well.

They are most likely taking all of the info from the dealer demos they released earlier in the year and fixing all the little bugs and possibly making it better.

Toadz400
10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Things take time and im sick of waiting as well.

They are most likely taking all of the info from the dealer demos they released earlier in the year and fixing all the little bugs and possibly making it better.

Exactly. Why rush a product? Maybe for once a first year production model will be released with no major flaws. I say take all the time they want, but the thing better be damn near perfect.

54warrior
10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
JoeDirt, it says you're from the ghetto. You shouldn't be riding a quad there anyways, so why should it matter when they release them?

joedirt
10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
We hit tha streets hard round here yo.

Why don't you sell me your 96 Warrior and I won't have to wait for this hyped up high tech dream machine they call a DS450.:blah:

54warrior
10-12-2007, 10:26 AM
People are always knocking my Warrior, but I've had alot of fun on that thing since I bought. I've had it since I was 14 actually, bought it new back in 96. It does all I need it to, considering that I only get to ride about 5 or 6 times a year now.

rrguy
10-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Its not like its the only quad that had its release date pushed backed?

Punk'd
10-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Talked with our rep again today. He knows nothing about a release date because they keep changing it.

ThePhantomRider
10-18-2007, 09:12 AM
People will be very happy with how well the 1st year models hold up. You have to understand that Can-Am knows how important it is to have as close to a flawless 1st year as possible, add to that all the innovations and sure, they may not be out yet, but then again, they never set an exact timeline when the DS was to be released.

Just look in the KTM forums, do you think the boys in Austria are happy seeing one of thier first customers hit a tree at a claimed 10-15 mph and have the frame taco like it was made of copper tubing???

Can-Am has aimed from the beginning to aviod such failures.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
10-18-2007, 09:14 AM
FYI, if you look at the banners at the top, you'll eventually notice that Epic already has a bunch of stuff ready for the DS including suspension components.....I don't expect it will be much longer before you'll be able to get the quad to go along with them. ;)

TPR

OutlawBill
10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
FYI, if you look at the banners at the top, you'll eventually notice that Epic already has a bunch of stuff ready for the DS including suspension components.....I don't expect it will be much longer before you'll be able to get the quad to go along with them. ;)

TPR

I hope there quality control and customer service has improved.

ThePhantomRider
10-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Don't you worry Bill, they have a QC and Customer Service department, they have their own store that will be seperate from the racing division, and Charlie is no longer there to boot you out of the shop, and their stuff has a 5 year warranty as well.

I just don't know though if you want to keep up this negativity as your recent outburst on another forum has been viewed as slander. You can't make a statement specific to percentages to the detriment of a company without factual evidence to back it up. I have no part in that, however I think that if you were to retract that particular statement with a correction, I think this could all blow over, otherwise you will need to produce 100% factual evidence to support your statement.

To be disgruntled about your personal business is one thing, you can complain till the cows come home....but making specific statements about a subject you have absolutely no knowlege at all no matter who your source is, is walking a very slippery legal slope.

TPR

Punk'd
10-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I hope you are right about the release being soon Phantom. It does make sence being that epic racing is starting to release the DS products.

OutlawBill
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
Don't you worry Bill, they have a QC and Customer Service department, they have their own store that will be seperate from the racing division, and Charlie is no longer there to boot you out of the shop, and their stuff has a 5 year warranty as well.

I just don't know though if you want to keep up this negativity as your recent outburst on another forum has been viewed as slander. You can't make a statement specific to percentages to the detriment of a company without factual evidence to back it up. I have no part in that, however I think that if you were to retract that particular statement with a correction, I think this could all blow over, otherwise you will need to produce 100% factual evidence to support your statement.

To be disgruntled about your personal business is one thing, you can complain till the cows come home....but making specific statements about a subject you have absolutely no knowlege at all no matter who your source is, is walking a very slippery legal slope.

TPR Slander is a false and damaging statement I wail have to say it may bee seen as damaging but not false. The EPIC product quality is my personal opinion and happen to me; I think you can still have an opinion in this country. The swing-arm did not fit, the A-arm did fall apart (partly my fault) The A-arm and swing arm are no longer made, The A-arm bind at the lower shock mounts and tie rod ends hit the lower A-arms.

ThePhantomRider
10-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Bill, believe it or not, I'm trying to help you out. You seem reasonable and you and I have agreed on a number of things, but you made a statement about 1/3 of all products...had you said a bunch, a lot, many it would not matter, but you put a numeric value to it.

And yes, like I said you have a issue, and you can complain till the cows come home.

I tell ya what, we know the story on the Nyloc, the swingarm issue was a miscommunication as it relates to the bearing carrier and that you tried to install it after you had it PC'd and it didn't fit. After shaving all the excess PC out of the opening it fit proper, and you can thank the original designer of their arms for the clearence issues, as when they redesigned it for the longer travel setup, there was no issue. You also had spring clearence issues because you weighed more back then which the larger diameter caused problems.

Really though, your beef was with Charlie, espically when he kicked you out because he thought you were being a picky nusiance. The truth is the person operating the place was not really happy about that, and I suspect if you ever just pulled RW aside and told him your issue in a professional manner, all things would be finally resolved and everyone can move on.

Just my opinion, but I think it may be a good thing for all. Because really, this is all supposed to be about fun.

TPR