PDA

View Full Version : frist cell phone?

450raider
06-20-2007, 06:40 PM
well what would be a good phone/service to get i was lookin at this boost (2 motorolas) phones today and was wondering of their reliability and if their service is any good? ive heard a few people say their junk but they look kinda neat to me but looks dont make them work.
just some ideas would be helpful.

thanks

honda8&3
06-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Verizon all the way. Don't get Cingular my cousin hated his.:mad:

ZeroLogic
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
Verizon all the way. Don't get Cingular my cousin hated his.:mad:

Werd. You get service everywhere besides in the Catskills.

mephyst
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Verizon definitely has the best service overall... Customer service, not so much... going to Verizon is like going to the DMV. You have to argue everrrrrything.

I work at Nordstrom, so customer service to me is a HUGE deal... other companies need to be like us. :)

Typically, Verizon doesn't carry the *coolest* phones, but they get the job done. Personally, I hate motorola phones... every one I have had, including the P.O.S. Q has sucked. Also, I don't like the layout. Samsung LG's are definitely more reliable and I like the layout of the phone a lot better. (Much more user friendly too!)

honduh440
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by mephyst

I work at Nordstrom, so customer service to me is a HUGE deal... other companies need to be like us. :)

HAHA i work at tmobile customer care aka 5 time consecutive jd power award winner and still running and ranked top 20 of customer care in any service for any company in the nation you guys could only dream to be half as good as us

ps .... wtf is nordstrom

mephyst
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
HAHA i work at tmobile customer care aka 5 time consecutive jd power award winner and still running and ranked top 20 of customer care in any service for any company in the nation you guys could only dream to be half as good as us

ps .... wtf is nordstrom

www.nordstrom.com

The best store around to find designer clothing/shoes. They have the most ultimate return policy and benefits ever. You can pretty much rent clothes from Nordstrom. Buy a pair of shoes, come back 2 years later and return them without them even questioning it. Funny thing is we only have 1% bad customers, so 99% of our customers we are still making money off. :) There are people that come in and drop like 40 grand in a day on clothes and return half of it but we don't care.

Gray33
06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
verizon is what everyone aroudn ehre has

ingleful
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
am i the only one with U.S. Cellular??

gncc025
06-20-2007, 10:39 PM
cingular is pretty good in my opinion. just about everybody has it around where i live. yall probably wont believe this but i had an older cingular lg phone and i went riding with it in my pocket. well i was doing wheelies and all kinds of chit like that and it fell out and i didnt know it. about 6 months later i was hunting around an area i had rode at when i lost it and saw it laying there in the field. i carried it home took it apart and put it back togehter plugged it up and it came on! but thats all it did lol. couldnt ever get it to do anything else. still got an lg. good phone in my opinion.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
am i the only one with U.S. Cellular??

u s cellular is big in mo.

we have cingular we havefour phones and love it

honduh440
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
www.nordstrom.com

The best store around to find designer clothing/shoes. They have the most ultimate return policy and benefits ever. You can pretty much rent clothes from Nordstrom. Buy a pair of shoes, come back 2 years later and return them without them even questioning it. Funny thing is we only have 1% bad customers, so 99% of our customers we are still making money off. :) There are people that come in and drop like 40 grand in a day on clothes and return half of it but we don't care.

umm that has nothing to do with customer care..... that is company policy

mephyst
06-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay, we treat our customers like they are kings and queens, therefore they come back. People like being treated well and WILL pay for it. The nice thing about working at Nordstrom is that you very rarely see an angry customer, which makes your day so much better as well. Everyone comes in there happy as can be because they know they are coming to get the best quality service around. Shop there, and you will see.

Kickstarts-suck
06-21-2007, 12:46 AM
I have verizon and an LG phone

Great combo

mxdad
06-21-2007, 04:44 AM
I have Sprint/Nextel though work and they are junk!!! My wife had Cingular and they were OK but she has Verizon now and it has been the best by far!!! Hell we even had service in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica!!!

ShiftFMX
06-21-2007, 06:27 AM
I have Nextel and I like it. Their Customer service is unbeatable! Thier phones are very durable

450raider
06-21-2007, 07:30 AM
ok heres what ive picked up so far on this,
LG phones are the way to go
verizon is good overall service
us cellular seems alright
same for sprint/nextel(i dont have a sprint/nextel store)
cingular seems to be in the middle with good phones but crappy reach/service.

97blaster200
06-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
ok heres what ive picked up so far on this,
LG phones are the way to go
verizon is good overall service
us cellular seems alright
same for sprint/nextel(i dont have a sprint/nextel store)
cingular seems to be in the middle with good phones but crappy reach/service.

cingular sucks. motorola phones suck. cingulars phones suck. dont get cingular. lol

Ghost-Rider
06-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Verizon with a LG version of the razor.Much better than an actual razor cause mine doesnt brake.:D

PolarisRider
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Werd. You get service everywhere besides in the Catskills.

cell one gets service in the catskills, haha. im serious too

speedjunkie13
06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Verizon with a LG version of the razor.Much better than an actual razor cause mine doesnt brake.

x2

rtm1216
06-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Okay, we treat our customers like they are kings and queens, therefore they come back. People like being treated well and WILL pay for it. The nice thing about working at Nordstrom is that you very rarely see an angry customer, which makes your day so much better as well. Everyone comes in there happy as can be because they know they are coming to get the best quality service around. Shop there, and you will see.

Nordstrom's is awesome. I've had their store card for about 5 yrs and recently converted that to their Visa. They are very generous and have always treated me as if I was the only customer they had. That is why they get a lot of my business.