PDA

View Full Version : Rasing the needle?

10-27-2001, 06:32 PM
I added a K&N filter, and already changed the main jet, but around 1/8 throttle i get a very slow response, and figure i need to raise the needle a notch. My question is, I've never messed with the needle before, so how do I go about rasing it? I don't know what I'm looking for. I assume I have to take the brass cover off the top of the carb, right? Where do I go from there? Are there any small parts I have to be careful of falling out? This is for a 300ex.

Thanks in advance.

kilrfx
10-29-2001, 02:01 PM
I did this process on Saturday. Buy a service manual before you do it. The service manual show you exactly how to do it. If you can't wait to get a service manual I will give you detailed steps on how to do it. Let me know.

Brett

Atomic83
10-29-2001, 02:38 PM
You don't need a service manual to adjust the needle. Yes, you will have to take the brass lid off. After that you will have to unscrew a few screws that are down in the carb. Then lift the lifter arm up, the needle is attached to the bottom of that plate. Just move the clip on the needle up or down depending on what you want to do. It's not that hard once you get in there.