PDA

View Full Version : eerhard09, were did u get them?

bossman525
06-20-2007, 03:35 PM
hey eerhard09, i noticed in a pic of your 525 you had aftermarket bars. what brand are they? also, how much, were they a ***** to put on, any modifacations to controls, and did they help with vibrations through the bars? thanks man:)

06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
those bars are pro tapers and if you want to have good bars to soak up some shtuff, try a pair of fasst bars, like those 2 tricked outlaws with hiper wheels on them in the pics section, those bars rock!

eerhard09
06-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by chad525
those bars are pro tapers and if you want to have good bars to soak up some shtuff, try a pair of fasst bars, like those 2 tricked outlaws with hiper wheels on them in the pics section, those bars rock!

You are right about the brand of bars, and no, they were not a pain at all. I did have to use some different washers because the fat bar adapter that I used came with different sized bolts. I just used the stock bolts and a different washer in them and they worked fine. I want to say that the whole setup cost me around $100 and there are no mods needed to put the controls back on. They taper down to 7/8 bars out where the controls go so everything fits fine....

Chad525, the Fasst bars are nice but my setup cost 1/3 the price of them and that included the fatbar adapter that you need to buy for the Fasst bars anyway. I have been very pleased with the Pro Taper bars and have not had any bad vibration or arm pump with them....

Flynbryan19
06-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Protapers are great bars, but until you ride with a set of Flexx bars you don't know what your missing. ;) No I don't feel their worth the retail price, but if you can find them used from someone like I did they're a GREAT addition. I put them on the top mods list just under quality suspension.

eerhard09
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Flynbryan19, I don't disagree with you but that is a lot of coin to drop if you are not racing and really depend on not getting fatigued. For the average rec rider, they may be a little pricey and over the top. If I thought I NEEDED them, I would have bought them. I weighed my options and felt the money was spent better elsewhere.... They are very nice bars though!!!!