PDA

View Full Version : Another 1-2 For Frederick and Schell

ThePhantomRider
06-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Looks like Team Epic's Josh Frederick and Jeremy Schell got another 1-2 finish at last weekend's WORCS race in Washington. Currently Frederick has a commanding lead over second place Doug Eichner followed by only a couple points by Schell.

I'm guessing their competition is not looking forward to the day when they get their factory DS-450's to run....then it should get real ugly!!!:D

I will say though if you have a chance to see what they are currently riding, which are Curtis Sparks 450r's, they are absolutely beautiful bikes, which leads me to believe again that the competition will wind up with less dirt on their jerseys as they won't likely be as close as they are now, aside from Eichner because he's talented enough to keep up with the leaders on his Outlaw 525.

I'm sure the riders in the ITP Quadcross are equally not looking forward to the day when the factory bikes are available. :D

TPR

Yamahauler_04
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
The three of them are pretty far out front already, but it will only be uglier.

ThePhantomRider
06-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Yep.

I feel bad for guys like Doug who spent their prime years racing when people basically raced for racing's sake with no factory sponsorships, only builder sponsors when you could get them.

At least now while he's still one of the top riders, he get's his shot with a factory team, even if it's Polaris. I've seen that guy air out a V-Force over a 60' table when they came out and repeat that feat on an Outlander 800.

I don't really think there is a more versitile rider out there that can be effective in all types of racing, but the way Josh Frederick is picking up MX, he could very well be the next Doug Eichner.

TPR

Yamahauler_04
06-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Doug is very good at what he does, just plain fast on any quad.

I was at El Cajon one night watching him launch a almost stock VForce. He cleared every jump but the big tabletop. :eek2:

Loren couldn't believe that it would go like it did, but Doug was having fun.

That was the first time I was on a track with him where we started at the same time. Loren had rented the track for the night, and the Elka boys were out setting up suspension for him and Tavis. It was an invite only night, and I was invited.

Lets just say he embarrassed me with the VForce.

If Josh can keep it up, he can be just as versitile. The only thing I think he needs to learn is how to save a bike. He seems to either run a podium, or blow it to pieces.

ThePhantomRider
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Damn I miss that track, it sucked when the speedway got sold/demolished and that track went with it.

I was there every Monday for quad night and I got to tell ya, I saw Doug on the V-Force and it was somthing else....till I saw him do the same thing on a stock Outlander 800 with the racks still on!!

Actually I first saw the V-force when we raced the Fud 24 Hour race and Duncan brought it out. That was one heck of a team, Eichner, John Gregory, Allan White and someone else who was a baja 1000 winner.

We took 2nd behind them with our team of rookies riding our DS 650. We were down 70 miles towards the end and picked up 30 so we didn't feel too bad losing to that team by 40 miles.

As for Josh, he's learning..at the last WORCS race he lost a bead on his tire with only the tireballs keeping him going and with his lead, was able to back off the pace the last couple laps and save the bike and the victory.

TPR

Yamahauler_04
06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I hope so. Riding with Jeremy doesn't teach finesse...:D