PDA

View Full Version : comparable to Elka shocks?

REDRIDDER
06-20-2007, 08:37 AM
What shocks would you put up against any of the Elkas.Please tell me what the band of shock is comparile,price,looks,were to get them things like that,Elkas are great i here but theirs got to be something thats as good if not better.whats your input ?

GraphicDisorder
06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I dunno I just got my Elkas and if there are better id be suprised, the Elkas just flat out rock.

vett_09
06-20-2007, 10:18 AM
I think Works Shocks are comparable as far as what they offer and their price, but the Elkas are better.

Franky G
06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
PEP + AXIS

gncc025
06-20-2007, 01:08 PM
i have always heard good stuff about PEP shocks. custom axis is the most pricey shock out there last time i checked. ive heard good stuff about the newer fox floats too.

400exrider707
06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
As far as the category of top of the line shocks, elka is probably at the bottom of the barrel, they are overpriced, and dont perform as well as others. PEP, Axis, Motowoz, Fox Float evol X's, TCS, I would take any of these over another set of elkas. Elkas are still WAY better than stock, and if you can get a set dirt cheap do it and then have them reworked by a reputable shock builder.

I like my stock 450R shocks (on my 05 450R) with rebuilds better than the elka setup I had.

REDRIDDER
06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
As far as the category of top of the line shocks, elka is probably at the bottom of the barrel, they are overpriced, and dont perform as well as others. PEP, Axis, Motowoz, Fox Float evol X's, TCS, I would take any of these over another set of elkas. Elkas are still WAY better than stock, and if you can get a set dirt cheap do it and then have them reworked by a reputable shock builder.

I like my stock 450R shocks (on my 05 450R) with rebuilds better than the elka setup I had. YOU AGAIN lol.... i was waitint for someone to step up to the plate and say that .i should of known it would be you lol lol lol .I agree its all in peoples heads that they need Elkas i know their good but theirs more good shocks out other than Elkas and they are overpriced and another shock can be just as easily set up like a Elka its just that Elkas are so pretty looking that anodised black and red ive got to have them everyone elese has them lol...thats what people do their dead set that they need Elkas.hey 400exrider707 see you in another post soon lol....thanks

400exrider707
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
its just that Elkas are so pretty looking that anodised black and red ive got to have them everyone elese has them lol...thats what people do their dead set that they need Elkas.

Thats exactly it to, they have phenominal marketing skills and their service is top notch, as far as a company goes they are hard to beat, but their shocks leave a lot to be desired. Its just most people buying shocks for the first time are coming off riding stockers, so darn near anything feels better....

the best you've ridden is the best you know...

REDRIDDER
06-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Thats exactly it to, they have phenominal marketing skills and their service is top notch, as far as a company goes they are hard to beat, but their shocks leave a lot to be desired. Its just most people buying shocks for the first time are coming off riding stockers, so darn near anything feels better....

the best you've ridden is the best you know... I think we said it,thanks for the back up once again i can always count on you 400exrider707.thanks

DOHC
06-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Ive heard good things about stadium

fastredrider44
06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
I know friends that have PEP, Works, and Axis all on 400 or 450Rs. I have ridden a Full Elka Suspension, and I wasn't really all that impressed. Elkas are on the top as far as suzukis go, but for a honda, either one of the three I think work better than Elka.

400exrider707
06-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I know friends that have PEP, Works, and Axis all on 400 or 450Rs. I have ridden a Full Elka Suspension, and I wasn't really all that impressed. Elkas are on the top as far as suzukis go, but for a honda, either one of the three I think work better than Elka.

What would make an elka shock any better on a suzuki? The internals are still the same.