PDA

View Full Version : Cheating

kenjolly
06-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Is it just the way the classes are set up at our track,with stock and stock appearing. or are all tracks like this with so much cheating going on. I just dont understand why parents do this just to win. What kind of lesson is this teaching our children. I will never cheat just so my son can win but i will do everything i can to make him a better rider and better person.

two weeks ago my son won a ssqsa race and they gave the 1st place trophy to a girl my son beat. the parents new this and not only kept it but bragged about how she won. ssqsa made it right but i had to explain this to my son and why it was wrong.

Its gotten so bad that when my 6yr old see's me working on his quad he ask if it still legal. Atleast my son can see that cheating is wrong.

I told him a honest 2nd is better than cheating to win.

Thanks for letting me vent.

dblacks
06-20-2007, 08:26 AM
That is all you can do.

It puts the non cheater into a position where you have to explain to your kid why he/she didn't get the trophy and potentially the other parent ends up having to explain why it got taken away.

Kids have a hard time undestanding it.

Some parents could care less but I for one would feel aweful if I knew my son's quad was illegal.

mxdad
06-20-2007, 08:27 AM
We went through this in District 6 and to this day my son is still dissapointed that he lost a track championship to a kid who's parents were cheating (removed oi & elec systems) by 3 points. I always tell him that he was the "real" champion but he just says his jacket still says 2nd place :( . I never protested suince the kids were friends but I regret that decision. It is a shame and i don't know why the parents insist on doing it but I commend you for sticking to your values.

kenjolly
06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Its good to hear im not the only one who thinks its wrong. Dont get me wrong most are not cheating and we have made some good friends. but some of the ones at the top are doing it.my son does understand it and it just hurts me to just tell him the other quad is just faster. i dont tell him his friend is cheating because its the dad not the children.

Nick's #1 Fan
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I am with you guys I get so frustrated at the fact that people have to cheat to get their kids out in front. What really makes me mad is if my son goes out, on a legal bike, and beats their kid, on an illegal bike, then my kid must be cheating and then the rumors start flying.

Just out of curiousity at the tracks that you race at how many bikes have actually been torn down for cheating?

I have yet to see one torn down at the events that we race at. I have been in a situation where I was in a heated discussion with a father of an illegal bike and I gave him the option to pull his kid from the class or I would have him torn down. He pulled from the class.

I agree that we do this for our kids but if the parents want to run illegal bikes then they get to explain to their kids why they were DQ'd not you.

Thanks for letting me vent.........I get worked up when cheating is brought up.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

forgiven
06-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I have kicked this around for some time. I talk with guys that have their kids racing and little things are said and implications made that perhaps theirs is a little better than advertised and it bugged me so much that I don't encourage my son to race at all just so we don't even have to go there an make my son disillusioned before he is 10. I do encourage him to be the best smoothest, fastest rider he can be though.

Additionally those guys are the same guys that will tell their son to pass at any cost. Factory rides for kids isn't helping matters either. We just end up making our kids do anything to win at any cost. Cheating or putting someone else in danger is just an end to a means.

I wish there was a good solution...I don't think there is.

kenjolly
06-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I have herd the same thing on the starting line and in the pits about doing what it takes to win. Im starting to see this is just a racing problem at all tracks and some peoples ways to get a win nomatter what the cost. The only good thing is once our kids get to the bigger quads the class structure is much better. I dont understand why the mini quads dont run just like the bikes.
50cc ABC 70 ABC etc etc.

Rcarroll
06-20-2007, 12:39 PM
The District we race in I only know of one 50cc being tored down and the bike was found to be legal. We don't race in that class but the rumor was the bike was not legal. Then the rumor started the person who did the inspection did not know what he was doing.

I am not taking anyones side but how do we know someone is cheating? I know some things you can see like in one of the other post. I am talking about the one that have motors that are bigger than they are suppose to be. One of the tracks we race at the two bikes that are always 1st & 2nd are not legal if you go by the rumors. How do you explain to your kid that the kid that always beats him has a bigger motor if your not sure. If you protest I am sure you will be the biggest a hole in the pits but if you sit back and do nothing your kid just gets more & more discouraged we he knows he is a better rider and can't beat them. He has even told me that I need to learn how to work on motors like the other kids dad. We are all in the same boat trying to keep up with the cheaters.

I have a 90cc DRR with a Hetrick B52 Kit, Hetrick pipe, Hetrick modified clutch, changed the rear sprocket (up & down) if anyone has something else I can do send me a PM or post it

kenjolly
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I have found out one thing,the person who is running legal and get protested will not be mad. the only ones that get mad are the cheaters. You do have to have some idea what they are doing and that can be tuff.if you know they are cheating protest them. maybe if they keep getting their quad torn down it will stop some of it.

etondaddy
06-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Kyle is now in the 90cc but starting this year D5 started the 50 production class now let them race.

drr5
06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
as a result of this past weakend we were protested for what ever reason , and to my disapointment were found illegal due to the fact of our replacement cylinder was not an exact identical replacement part, this falls on my shoulders and it will not happen to us again, it was very rough explaining to my son why he did not get his trophy, but he finally understands and will be riding harder than ever. although the cylinder being the wrong manufacturer there were no performance gains to be made with it and had been told by the company i purchesed the part that it was a replacement cylinder which is the most frustrating part but a good learning lesson, so if you suspect there are cheatrers protest them but do it for the right reasons not just because they are coming close to your points it doesnt matter how bad or good you are in the points they are still cheating. just my 2 cent worth

#22blaster240
06-20-2007, 05:42 PM
That's how it is in the blaster class, everyone is running the 240 kits in the 195-210 class. I have a 240 kit, but I run in the 211-249 class and there is only a couple other riders.

TTracer#22
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
We had the same problem in california at the TT races the last couple of years so a few of us decided to have a big teardown in the first big race this year on the 50cc and the 90cc class we protested 5 quads and all 5 were cheating. this was the first time the California Motorcycle Association has ever had anyone protested. It's amazing how slow those bikes became and which kids are winning now.

If you think their cheating tear them down thats the only way to solve the problem. In california if you get cought cheating the protester gets all $200.00 back.

Just my 2 cents