PDA

View Full Version : cdale vs 450's

rookiex
06-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I was wondering other opinions.I had a houser axis 450 decked out I mean everything.however power for power the cannondale moto was still right there no problem what so ever.So I want to know what you guys think.No other issues involved set the cdale parts issue aside and updates. power for power what do you think?

happyboy
06-20-2007, 10:21 AM
oh boy...here we go. :)

You know there are way to many variables to look through on this decision.

Stock vs. stock i would think they are pretty even. The dale may get away from the 450r but not the yfz. The yfz just is to hot down real low and will take everything off the line. But, as honda and yammy are making improvements they are getting the higher hp and tq stock. 3-4 years ago I would say the dale would have em all. But now, they are all pretty even.

When you start modifying them is where the dale will clean up to a point. Dollar for dollar the dale will get more hp cheaper. But, we are hitting limits in the upper 50s. There are 450rs out there that are breaking the 60 mark now and they will just keep growing. We are on 6 year old quads so being fairly even now is really danged good.

jesshamner
06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm with stupid ^^^^

happyboy
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I'm with stupid ^^^^

man, where is that parade pic of you...hmmmm...

twisted_chassis
07-05-2007, 09:28 PM
i prefer the dale myself , but here real soon the ktm will be top dog. they produce 50-55 hp stock, no other machine is close yet however that means that the other manufacturers will have to keep up.that will be good for everybody

kbrown
07-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Horsepower just makes up for a lack of rider. However Happyboy is my represenative on the cannondale. lol they are excellent bikes just a little to high maintenance for someone with no monwy or patience. Oh yeah make sure you carry all the stuff to change a plug on the go.lol

jesshamner
07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by kbrown
Horsepower just makes up for a lack of rider. However Happyboy is my represenative on the cannondale. lol they are excellent bikes just a little to high maintenance for someone with no monwy or patience. Oh yeah make sure you carry all the stuff to change a plug on the go.lol

I carry the same tools I use to change yfz spark plugs. :blah:

tooth&nail
08-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Whats the deal with fouled plugs?? I have 4 Dales , been riding and racing them for 4 yrs and have yet to foul a plug. before that I raced a Banshee for about 4 yrs and only remember fouling 3 plugs , they were Splitfire, made 2 laps in practice fouled both, put in 2 more , made 1 lap fouled 1, put in a old set of NGK that were laying in the bottom of the tool box and raced. Fouled plugs?? what gives?
As for power we're running our 468 against 480-520's and up with very few pulling us on the straights

witech
08-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Fouled plugs are on the ones nobody ever bothered to tune or do throttle calibrations on.. Ive built around 50 dales motors from stock to 70hp . The only plug I ever fouled was in my brand new speed before I learned how to start it on a 10 degree day.
And horsepower only makes up a little for lack of rider.LOL

twisted_chassis
09-03-2007, 01:41 AM
i have over a year on my ngk cr9ek. use to have problems when i got my dale fouling plugs. but a little tunning and it is no longer a problem