PDA

View Full Version : Gas pouring outta the bottom of carb

flaneledholes
10-20-2002, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone, I just hopd on the 400 for a joy ride, and well, when I got back, I smelled gas, I looked at the first thing that came to my mind, the carb, gas was pouring out of the bottom... It was on the bowl, is there a screw that goes on the bottom or a plug???? It was pouring out of it because there seemed to be a hole there, I know there has to be something that corkes it up??? Or do you think a rock or something has flown up and hit it and caused it to bust??? I have jetted the carb before, I put a main jet in, do you think me tampering with it caused it???
Thax everyone...

Taco
10-20-2002, 05:04 PM
there is a screw that goes in the side of the bottom of the float bowl.

eldoexrider01
10-20-2002, 05:07 PM
is the 17mm bolt in the bottom of the carb???? and is ur overflow tube still on ur carb. it mightjus be comin outa there with out a tube on it. id just check out all around the carb and look for damage or bolts or hoses missing.

flaneledholes
10-20-2002, 05:14 PM
Thax you guys for the quick responses... I will look tomorrow when there is more daylight and I will get back on here with way more detail...
Lata guys
Matthew

Rider#11
10-21-2002, 09:09 PM
also man i had a friend who had a cloged pilot jet..and it caused this same kinda leak

DEAL
10-21-2002, 09:36 PM
You might have dirt in your carb causin your needle not to seat right , causing gas to overflow the float bowl and having gas poor out of overflow tubes and such, that happend to my 300ex before. Its not that hard to fix, its just annoying having to take it all apart.

redrider ex
10-22-2002, 09:21 AM
but it sounds to me like you have trash or dirt or something like that in your float thats causing it to over flow.

ChadEXer
10-23-2002, 01:26 PM
The same thing happened to mine when it was stock! I droped my quad out of the back of my truck and starting smelling gas,,,well the float in the stock carb was hung up and gas was pouring out of the drain tube!! I grabed the back end of the quad and jerked it up and down slamming the back end on the ground and it stopped!!