PDA

View Full Version : used lectron carb, who knows about them

maxamillion
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Okay, I just picked up a used Lectron carb locally because it was only $20. The guy said it was off of a TC built 350X motor in a 250r frame. I believe its a 38mm carb. He couldnt get it to run right and was tired of messing w/ it.

So I slapped it on my 400ex for the heck of it. It fired right up and idled nice but as soon as a touched the throttle it seemed like the slide stuck and the motor revved like it was wide open. Then after the float boal filled up completely gas was leaking out so I think it just needs a new gasket for that.

I just bought the carb to tinker w/ and experiment. Which way is the flat side of the meter rod supposed to face? What do you all suggest? Whats a good way to go about cleaning it? The carb seemed pretty simply designed I just need to know the tricks to have it working properly. THANKS

skragg
06-19-2007, 08:52 PM
clean it with meths ive heard of them before neva known them to stick unless it was used with a k and n with no air box

maxamillion
06-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I just talked to Tom at TC racing (who was down to earth and seemed to have great customer service), he said the carb would need a diff metering rod because the 350x motors and 400ex motors were actually quite different. So Ill prob just end up sending it out to him.