PDA

View Full Version : Hydration Question??

Jason Smith
06-19-2007, 07:30 PM
I am new to Hare Scrambles and beginning to understand how much different XC is then Mx. My first two races I battled with severe thumb fatigue. I finally got that problem taken care of but now I am wondering if there is something else I can try to keep better hydrated and cooler. The past race in Jamestown I was wearing a cotton tee shirt, kidney belt, under jersey roost/chest protector, jersery, and a very bulky 100 oz camelback. After the race I was so hot I was having chills. This week I bought a thin ployster shirt to wear under my chest protector and a light weight 50oz camelback. I also put only water in my camelback. Is there a better thing to drink during the race instaead of water? If anyone has any suggestions on clothing or fluids I would appreciate it.

MO-EX-RIDER
06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
welcome to the board jason, and thanks for the pics of jamestown!
in the summer months i "load up" on water 3-4 days before the race by consuming 1-1 1/2 gallons of water a day, and on race day i use the 70 oz. camel back with 32 oz. of gatorade(for sugars) and the rest water (ice is going in saturday) and wear everything you do, but i use an under armour t- shirt and trimed the sleeves on an old jersey too! i also zipped off the lower pant legs for shorts:devil: :devil:

79400ex
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Pretty much everyone was suffering from the heat. I had to stop at the first after the score shoot to get hosed down by the Shrums. Just drink plenty of water a couple day before.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-19-2007, 10:27 PM
i tried gatorade but i almost threw up cuz its gross when it gets hot i reccomend just water

tprender
06-20-2007, 05:26 PM
The trick is to fill your camel back with ice and then put the juice in. this way it will stay cold during most of the race. Your body heat is what melts or warms the liquid most of the time.