PDA

View Full Version : 450r rebuild?

ky300ex
06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I just changed the oil on my 04 450r and found a couple of copper colored shavings about 1 inch long in my oil filter.I've always saw a few shavings in the filter but they have been far and few between and very small.Since the shavings seem to be getting more frequent and much larger i'm thinking my motor is due a rebuild before a disaster happens and i lock the motor up.When i have it rebuilt i'm more than likely going to replace everything in it....crank,rods,valves and whatever else that needs replacing.Should i replace the crank and rod with Honda oem or should i go with something like Hot Rods?Also what about the valves....Honda or Kibble White?Any help here would be much apreciated.

Flyin-Low
06-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Use Kibblewhite SS valves and everything else Honda OEM.

-Martin

06-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Use Kibblewhite SS valves and everything else Honda OEM.

-Martin

I agree

speedfreaksguy
06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
I would use a Hotrod crank, Wiseco piston, and probably Ferrea or CV4 valves. Those shavings are your thrust washers on the crank. Pull that thing apart before you do serious damage. I just pulled a CRF250 that had the same symptoms until it locked up and now the guy is buying a cylinder and case half (plus crank, piston, main bearings)