PDA

View Full Version : magura hydraulic clutch

Aushux
06-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I bought a magura hydraulic clutch setup on ebay. I heard its the best mod ever. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to get enought stroke out of my slave cylinder. I've tried bleeding the system and think all the airs out but still can't get it to release my clutch. Has anyone has this problem?

NacsMXer
06-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I have one on my 400 and I love it...won't go back to a cable setup. First thing I need to ask is have you tried turning the silver adjuster on the slave cylinder mounting bracket out more? If it is turned all the way out and it still won't disengage the clutch something is not right and I would contact Magura about it. If you haven't tried that yet, see if it helps :)

zrpilot
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Like NacsMXer, I really like my Magura clutch. It ranks right up there with my Flexx bars, Precision Stabilizer, and Hiper wheels as the BEST mod I made!

Mine is a little different. I have GT Thunder's 8 plate clutch kit and the actuation lever was in a different place then stock, so I machined a brass spacer to get the slave in the right position.

Here is a picture:

Aushux
06-20-2007, 05:29 AM
Hey nac, I don't have any adjustments on my slave bracket that i can tell. It's actually the same one pic in zr post. Im going to mess with it again tonight. I'm also not sure if its got a stock clutch or not. Thanks guys.

NacsMXer
06-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Aushux
Hey nac, I don't have any adjustments on my slave bracket that i can tell. It's actually the same one pic in zr post. Im going to mess with it again tonight. I'm also not sure if its got a stock clutch or not. Thanks guys.

I think that's exactly your problem. There is a separate silver threaded adjuster that screws into the black mounting bracket. The slave cylinder then goes into the adjuster piece.

On the clutch side, starting from the back of the quad it goes: black mounting bracket, silver threaded adjuster, then the slave cylinder slides into all that last.

When you loosen the adjuster piece it threads out of the black bracket...thus pulling the slave cylinder out of the bracket more (pulls the slave towards the front of the quad). This in turn acts as if you were tightening your old clutch cable giving the clutch more pull. Tightening the adjuster into the bracket does the opposite bringing the slave closer to the bracket and giving you less pull.

If you do not have this silver adjuster piece you have no adjustability and this is your problem. Contact Magura and tell them you are missing this important piece ;)

zrpilot
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer

If you do not have this silver adjuster piece you have no adjustability and this is your problem. Contact Magura and tell them you are missing this important piece ;)

Dang it, I should have done this... because I did NOT get this adjuster!!:mad: