PDA

View Full Version : 250x loss of power

key
06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I have a 1992 250x recently both studs on the exhaust rocker arm vibrated loose. I noticed that the rockers are worn badly and the cam has some light grooves in it. It has a web cam. After putting it back together and installing new rockers it seems like it drags on power. Any help please!

markvette
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
if its a web stage 2 cam you have to use hardweld rockers. i just went through this. put a web cam in with stock rockers and the cam cupped the rockers. i was lucky and it didnt hurt the cam. i put the stock cam back in until i can get the rockers.

bwamos
06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by key
I have a 1992 250x recently both studs on the exhaust rocker arm vibrated loose. I noticed that the rockers are worn badly and the cam has some light grooves in it. It has a web cam. After putting it back together and installing new rockers it seems like it drags on power. Any help please!

SOunds to me like when you reinstalled the top end you got the chain timing off a tooth.

Pull the cover back off and make sure the timing mark on the flywheel "|T" not "||" is lined up with the slot on the sodecase plug, and that the two opposing marks are lined up with the gasket mating surface on the head.

Sounds like when the cam sprocket was reinstalled the slack was on the wrong side of the motor. All slack should be on the tensioner side.

When the timings off a tooth or 2 on the 300ex it runs fine, but it always feels like your towing another quad behind you.

key
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Ill check my timing and put stock cam back in a see how it runs. Do I have to run hardened rockers with the Web stage 1 ? Hot Cams says with there stage 1 to use stock rockers and vavle springs.

markvette
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
this is right off web cams web site

We will hardweld and precision grind your worn out / new rockers for a longer wearing surface. Recommended with ALL profiles. Cost per rocker arm.

i put mine in with stock rockers, had to adjust them 3 times, motor would run fine for a while and then start ticking. i knew something was wrong. i pulled the head cover and all the rockers were cupped bad. the hot cam is a billet cam, that is why you dont need hard weld rockers and dont have to send your cam back as a core. i had read on this forum and some said they used stock rockers with a web cam so i tried it. it didnt work and i wouldnt recommend doing it.

markvette
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
here are a couple pics i just took of the rockers i took out. you can see how bad they have cupped.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1856.jpg

markvette
06-20-2007, 04:14 PM
another

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_1854.jpg