PDA

View Full Version : off idle stumble

headache
06-19-2007, 12:32 PM
hey guys i just bought a 2000 warrrior from a friend and when you are sitting there idling, if you hit the throttle wide open it stumbles or sometimes even dies. it has always done this since he bought it and i've seen other warriors with the same problem. Is the pilot jet maybe too small? If you rev the motor to maybe 2000rpm and then throw it wide open it revs fine. its just from an idle. any help would be appreciated.

54warrior
06-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Mine does it and has done it since it was brand spanking new. If you completely stab the throttle from an idle it bogs out and you can potentially kill the motor as you describe. I don't think this is the only machine that does it though. It's something in the carb, but nothing that needs corrected. Why do you need to stab the throttle from an idle anyways? other than to hear it rev up.

headache
06-25-2007, 12:30 PM
i don't know it just bugs me i guess. I like good throttle response. But i guess i'll live with it, if it isn't anything serious...

54warrior
06-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by headache
i don't know it just bugs me i guess. I like good throttle response. But i guess i'll live with it, if it isn't anything serious...

You have good throttle response when your riding it don't you?? It's not like you stab the throttle going down a trail and it cuts out does it??