PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carbs

dabensmiller
06-19-2007, 10:13 AM
has anyone ever had experiance with the edelbrock 440 series carb? How did it work?

CHEVYZ
06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
I had one. It was a decent carb...to be honest, though, I didn't really like it. It had a very long throw on the throttle and I had to grind out some of the housing to make it work. It made riding it uncomfortable because you had to reach a mile away to get the bike at WOT. Performance otherwise was decent. I switched to a 450r carb and the performance went way up. More snappy, more comfortable, and just overall a better better carb-especially when you consider the price between them. IMO, either go FCR or with the 450r carb, but don't bother with the Edelbrock.

REDRIDDER
06-19-2007, 11:36 AM
i love mine,i know that wot is a long ways and your thumb goes numb but the performance i gaind when properly adjusted is great from low up to the top awsome.I will say ive had my problems with it and when i couldn't figure it out i called edelbrock and they have a tech line that will tell you whats wrong with it while on the phone with you and work the problem out,great customer service.I will say that the adjusting of the needles is simple and their are 32 clicks of adjustment that's more of a range that no jet can do,16 lean 16 rich that's a wide range of adjustment before you'd need to change the needle at all,also i got the 426 kit i called edelbrock to see what needle to use they sais a 21e it only comes with a 15e 14e 17e so they told me i could make my 34mmx 38mm quicksilver carb like a Dough Eichner carb a true 38mmx38mm the price for the boring $50 that's changing the bore size replacing the internal parts of your quicksilver and replacing it with the Doug Eichner one ,cleaning it,inspecting all parts,setting it up for your engine mods ect... that's what i did and i have to say that i love my carb.here check it out at www.edelbrock.com go under the atv off road section and look at the charts and info you can also check out the instructions and adjustment manual when you download it.And what i also like about it is no more choke just blimp the throttle 3-4 times and brummm. at least mine does.(Notes: All carb kits are pre-jetted on stock motors with open/modified air box, aftermarket exhaust, stock ignition, and 91 octane fuel at 1500 ft. elevation unless specified.
Thumb kits use stock throttle housing unless specified. Twist kits include push/pull cables which may fit into the stock throttle housing. All ATV twist kits and some motorcycle kits will have a push/pull type throttle housing included. )

REDRIDDER
06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
just somthing to look at .oh and yeah my pipe loves my carb they seem to be a perfect match love my combo. Thats why they call me The Woods Warrior lol....

REDRIDDER
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
and the 440 carb...