PDA

View Full Version : RM85 Swap

Taz14racer
06-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Got a friend who has an 04 polaris predator 90 an we ride it like r big quads well the swing arm snapped an hes goin to fix it but he wants to take out an sell the engine an the clutch an he would like to put a RM85 engine into it is it possible?

peace

BradLoomis
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Is it possible to put an 85 in a Predator 90 frame? Yes

Would I put an 85 motor in a Predator frame? No

These frames need to be reinforced just so we don't break them with the moped motors that come in them. The power a dirt bike 85 motor puts out is around double of that of a descently built mini motor. I have a feeling that your little racer will have a bad frame failure because of not only the power, but also the situations that that much power can put him in very quickly.

Fix the swing arm, sell or keep the quad. Buy a used Blaster and put a 85 motor in it. When he gets taller and big enough, put the 200cc motor back in it. At least the frame will be strong enough to safely house the dirt bike motor.

dr.dyfz
06-21-2007, 04:56 PM
im the friend and its 03 but that dont matter though. im gonna re enforce the frame big time and gonna make the swing arm tough as nails but i didnt no if anyone had done it cuz i think that it would haul ***** :D :D

dr.dyfz
06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
had a blaster but traded for my y

cheatermtrsprts
09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I had a kx60 in a polaris 90. I gusseted the frame as usual and fabbed my own 1x2 rectangular tubing swingarm. Never broke the frame or swinger.