PDA

View Full Version : racers for research question

smr
06-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Once again we are planning on making a trip to missouri to race with you fine folks. We will be running the race at park hills.

I have a couple of questions.

How is the turn out for this race?

My 12 year old is racing the nationals in the 90 limited class...what class should he run at park hills or should I put him on a 300ex and let him run the 234 class? I've had some buddies tell me that the missouri mini's are usually much younger kids.

thanks for any info...see yall on the 7th.

sspalco
06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Personally I would have them run the 234 class. The mini's are pretty young. I think that your kid will be fine on the track with every one else.

Just remember that the bigger classes run for a longer period of time. So make sure to bring extra water, it gets really really hot at Park Hills.

Johnny & Monica
06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd also say the 234 class too. Park Hills usually does have one of the better pee wee tracks though. They don't do series points for the pee wees so there's not many that race all the rounds and yes all but a few are more entry level riders with only a few that are more advanced. Most of the others lay out a 1/4 or 1/2 mile track. I agree too I on the extra water. It's very hot and lots of sand and the pits are all out in the open with no shade either. The 234 class runs the regular 1 1/2 hours with all the rest of the quads. My daughter is 13 and has been running that class this year and has done alright. There's usually about 5 racers in the class.

smr
06-19-2007, 01:40 PM
thanks...thats kindof what my buddy said, I didn't know if a 12 year old could run the 234 class.

We will give it a shot as that will be his class next year.

tprender
06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
The 2-3-4 class would be the best for him. The peewee classes that we have are for real beginners. Just remember that it will be for 1 1/2 hr. Make sure that he has water(camel back). If it is not hot that day, I would be suprised. Sometimes it will get so hot in the sand that you think that a camel would be better to use than a quad.
If you need a racer packet just let me know your address and I will get one mailed to you. Remember if you sell the raffel tickets(at least $25 worth) you will ride free that day when you turn in the money and raffel tickets.
The atv course is 8.9 miles long. I found some "real tight" woods in 2 places plus the usual stuff.
If anyone wants to come down from Tuesday on of that week and help setup you are welcome. I will be there the Sunday before hanging arrows also.

m.h.s.c.#527
06-19-2007, 10:25 PM
he will have fun in the 2-3-4 but its a pretty hard class because you always have adults to deal with its not a youth class like in the hillbillys i run 2-3-4

smr
06-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by tprender
The 2-3-4 class would be the best for him. The peewee classes that we have are for real beginners. Just remember that it will be for 1 1/2 hr. Make sure that he has water(camel back). If it is not hot that day, I would be suprised. Sometimes it will get so hot in the sand that you think that a camel would be better to use than a quad.
If you need a racer packet just let me know your address and I will get one mailed to you. Remember if you sell the raffel tickets(at least $25 worth) you will ride free that day when you turn in the money and raffel tickets.
The atv course is 8.9 miles long. I found some "real tight" woods in 2 places plus the usual stuff.
If anyone wants to come down from Tuesday on of that week and help setup you are welcome. I will be there the Sunday before hanging arrows also.

thanks..it will be a good practice for him as he will be moving into the youth production class next year.

You have allready sent me a racer packet, can I just make copies for my son and duaghter?

thanks for all the info.

tprender
06-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Make as many copies as you want. The more raffel tickets that they sell, the more money that can be given to the 2 charities. Also, if they bring in $45 or more they will get a grab bag with there entry fee.
Remember to bring the packet to signup everyone. I think that is the entry form that we use.

yfz450xc
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Best big bike race of the whole darn series and a great show also, be sure to make this one if at all possible.
Everyone have a " Great Time" . 1st one in 10 years I will miss. :ermm:
Scott :D

MO-EX-RIDER
06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by tprender
Make as many copies as you want. The more raffel tickets that they sell, the more money that can be given to the 2 charities.

i may have to test out my sales pitch and go door to door to try for the most tickets sold

J/K :D :blah:

old-XC-guy
06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by smr
Once again we are planning on making a trip to missouri to race with you fine folks. We will be running the race at park hills.

I have a couple of questions.

How is the turn out for this race?

My 12 year old is racing the nationals in the 90 limited class...what class should he run at park hills or should I put him on a 300ex and let him run the 234 class? I've had some buddies tell me that the missouri mini's are usually much younger kids.

thanks for any info...see yall on the 7th.

I would bump him up... Dont get me wrong there is a couple kids that are fast and would give him something to run against. (Chance)..LOL Monica and Johnny ! Hes going to be a hell of a rider when hes 16 !! He might get you some of that money back .LOL. I hope it clicks with Dalton about staying in the gas soon.. Eating me up in plugs loading it up all the time !

sspalco
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
If people are buying tickets and want to pay by check....who do they make it out to?

bjones
06-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by sspalco
If people are buying tickets and want to pay by check....who do
they make it out to?

I have always in years past have them make the check to me and write one check for everything on race day.

Bryan Jones

sspalco
06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bjones
I have always in years past have them make the check to me and write one check for everything on race day.

Bryan Jones

But in the past they made it out to March of Dimes and had a tax deduction. I am talking about companies who donate and buy tickets.

bjones
06-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by sspalco
But in the past they made it out to March of Dimes and had a tax deduction. I am talking about companies who donate and buy tickets.

Sorry I misundersteard your qeustion contact Gary Horn at (636)942-4884 he should be able to answer your question.

sspalco
06-22-2007, 05:56 PM
ok Thanks.