PDA

View Full Version : question

Doober
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
well i race TT and Flat track and this past race i saw a guy running Houser LT a arms with Stock LTR-450 shocks. He is one of the fastest guys at the track and it seemed to work well since it made the a arms parallel to the ground and lowered him quite a bit.

Has anyone done this for TT? Any modifications to anything to do this?

I am really thinking about doing this, any input would be wonderful. And of course i will not be jumping big jumps on this...only ones you may find on a TT track.

REDRIDDER
06-19-2007, 11:04 AM
anything to lower the center of gravity for tt racing is a good thing and the suspension helps alot,i mean with the right settings and a good triple rate will do you wonders also have your shocks set to your needs have them re valved and worked to suit the terrain you ride the most.

Doober
06-19-2007, 11:35 AM
yea i got tcs triple rate std travel shocks. i just wanted to know if anyone else has done this

#22blaster240
06-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I see quite a few people running std. travel shocks with the long travel a arms at the races and it seems to work good for them.

Doober
06-19-2007, 12:53 PM
^thanks for the info, im thinking im gunna give it a go....i just dont know if i should go +2 or +.5, but i was thinking +2 would be to wide since the a arms are gunna be straight out

400exrider707
06-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by #22blaster240
I see quite a few people running std. travel shocks with the long travel a arms at the races and it seems to work good for them.

I doubt thats what they are, they are long travel shocks with short shafts so they sit lower.

If you put std travel shocks on long travel arms the frame would probably sit on the ground.

Doober
06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I doubt thats what they are, they are long travel shocks with short shafts so they sit lower.

If you put std travel shocks on long travel arms the frame would probably sit on the ground.

well i know the frame will not sit on the ground since i saw with my own two eyes a guy with houser lt a arms and stock ltr 450r shocks since he was on an ltr