PDA

View Full Version : Is a slip-on really worth it w/HRC kit?

07ERider
06-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey guys I have an 07 and I am getting ready to put the HRC kit in and I was wondering if it is really worth it to buy a slip-on? Is there even any power gains or is it mainly just looks and sound?

I dont do any class or competitive racing, just ride with my friends on the Oregon dunes. So if there is not much to be gained maybe I will hold out for a while and just buy a whole kit. Also are there any full exhausts out there that are 93db or less?

And last question, are the Pro-Design or Modquad or any of those intake setups worth it or should I just run the stock filter without the lid maybe?

Thanks
Shaun

sunco
06-19-2007, 04:56 AM
I have on 04 & put a curtis sparks full pipe on. Power was great but very loud, I even bought the small tip. You'd have to rejet if you changed ends to be right on.

I just bought an 07 & had the dealer put in the HRC kit. - I love it & when my 04 get fixed I'd go w/ the HRC & then looking to sell the pipe.

CHEVYZ
06-19-2007, 05:10 AM
To be honest, it is really all looks and sound. I hardly felt a difference between the HRC and Rossier powerwise-the HRC exhausts are excellent when it comes to power. I actually like the system because of how smooth the power comes in, not to mention it is quiet!

For the filter, I really don't think that is worth it either. I cut the screen out of mine and took the lid off and I don't think that it could flow much better than it is now. I hear that the stock filter is excellent at filtering, so any loss of power wouldn't seem worth it for what you are getting.

JMO.

ratso
06-19-2007, 01:52 PM
I noticed a big differance with a slip-on. I did back to back 3 hour rides. The slip on made the exhaust lest restrictive and allowed the 450r to rev faster.

pro-rider46
06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
sunco are you interested in getting rid off that exhaust? i am interested. pm me if you want to get rid of it.

sunco
06-22-2007, 05:57 AM
ok , i'll keep that in mind. Still waiting to see the outcome of my warranty on my R

johng
06-22-2007, 11:05 PM
I have the HRC kit on my 06' I used the HRC headpipe with a Motoworks slip-on w/quiet core. Worke great