PDA

View Full Version : having back surgery this friday

nicker71
06-18-2007, 02:34 PM
I have a ruptured disk in my lower back that pushing up against my nerve thats causing me left leg pain. Friday they are going to cut the bulging part out. This will put me out of work for a couple of weeks and he told me 4-6 weeks of lifting nothing heavier than a gallon of milk. There is a 8% risk that I will have to have more than one surgery. I just hope I will be able to keep ridding and racing once I'm healled up. Has anyone here ever had back surgery and how where the results?? Im only 25 and would hate to be restricted on what I can do for the rest of my life. But hey, it could be worse.

If Im not able to race anymore I will sell off my quad and buy polaris razor or something like that. But I hope it doesnt come down to that.

nick

TRX450RACER174
06-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow thats rough i don't know anyone personally but i hope every thing turns out alright and wish you a speedy recovery.

mxraptor149
06-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I feel your pain bro. I had a bulging disc causing severe sciatic tension and pain in my left leg about two years ago that, luckily, through rehab and some injections I was able to heal well enough that I avoided surgery. But it still aches and gets more sore after riding. My therapist told me not to ride anymore, but I lift and swim and exercise my back enough to keep it strong so that I can ride. I'm probably getting out of racing, though.

A friend of mine actually went in for surgery to have a herniated disc removed. He went riding with us about a month or so ago for the first time since last September. His surgery was last fall. He seemed to be OK, and he has a warrior with stock suspension.

He didn't complain of pain or anything during or the day afterwards. Good luck.

hondaracer31
06-18-2007, 05:00 PM
I had back surgery last November 30th, was basically paralized from the knees down. I have given up on racing but I still ride MX exclusively just for fun. Actually I went to Breezewood 1 month after the surgery. I've had no problems and am sure it was the best thing I ever did.
btw, my back problems came from 30 years of operating equipment and my Dr. told me riding was actually helping my back.:eek:

Ghost-Rider
06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Good luck.8% seems like a low chance.

WhiteYFZ
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Wow thats rough i don't know anyone personally but i hope every thing turns out alright and wish you a speedy recovery.