PDA

View Full Version : lighting options with fullbore plastics?

EX LONERIDER
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
looking to do a set of fullbore plastics but knowing that they dont really utilize the stock lights, what other options do i have? id like to do a set of trailtech or ricky stator type lights just under the front fenders but im not sure any other companies other then those two mentioned make em.

also, where can i find em? i tried ebay but im either not entering the right search or there is just none out there on the bay. help me out??

miller821
06-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Rockymountain has trail tech's.

250x_kyle
06-18-2007, 03:06 PM
trail techs are pritty nice

bigmikey119
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
pics of what you guys did would help. :) I would also like to know

TYayo420
06-18-2007, 04:34 PM
im not a big fan of the trailtech's on the bars...i like to know where the front of my quads going not my bars...plus it looks rather duffy

EX LONERIDER
06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420
im not a big fan of the trailtech's on the bars...i like to know where the front of my quads going not my bars...plus it looks rather duffy

yea, same here. i dont know what member ive seen with his bike equipped this way but i know its been done and from what i can see, fairly easy to mount em near the front of the bike.

i seen a set of trailtechs on craigslist for 100 bux but the guy has yet to get back to me.

if anything i looked em up on www.rockymountainatv.com and seen em individually for $41 individually. thats pretty cheap. i figure i may go that route since i dont need the funky expensive bar mount.

either way, once i get a set, if you guys' like ill post pictures of an install and wiring step by step.

4everhonda
06-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I've got the new trailtech HID's. They are mounted to my frame but I don't really like the position yet so I am going to make a custom mount for them. I will get pics as soon as I can. and by the way the HID's are amazingly bright but they are also highly expensive!

EX LONERIDER
06-19-2007, 12:24 PM
by all means do show us. how much did they run you? cost really isnt an issue should the performance be enough to offset the cost. for as much as i night ride, i dont know why i havent upgraded to a better light source. since i have my bike appart i may as well upgrade.

250x_kyle
06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
yes hids are bright. my bro had a set on his car and you could hear them hummmm

underpowered
06-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420

well i am the opposite. i would much rather know where i am going, than where the front of the quad is pointing. if the bars are turned, good chance that is the direction you are gonna go. with lights pointed straight ahead you sometimes cannot see exactly what you are headed into. thats why i mounted my lights on the bars, vs. on the frame.

EX LONERIDER
06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
thats a good point tho my riding style is much of a 3 wheeler motion. i turn with the back end instead of the front so my bars are usually crossed up countering the power slide.

on the same note, it would be nice to have a flood light on the bars and a beam on the frame portion that way having light on both ends. ive seen em done to where the stock front lights are still used and the ones on the bars are added on as the option to have lights to turn with the bars.

TYayo420
06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
if i buy these seperate how do i wire them so when i flip my light switch on there now, they turn on? ill take my stock lights out of coarse but wanna keep the same wiring.

EX LONERIDER
06-19-2007, 11:54 PM
you'll need a test light (unless you know the diffrence in the wires between hi, low, and ground) and use it to determine what plug has power coming from it. find a good frame ground for the test light clamp.

i think you'll need a couple of spade connectors or whatever end of connector the original plug has (so you dont chop the plug to do this) and crimp a connector to the leads coming from the lights. once they are connected, you'll have the lights work off your original switch. smere in some dialectrical grease into the plugs especially the ones you dont use so crud and moisture dont get in there.

4everhonda
06-20-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't remember the exact price on my lights because i had ordered tons more stuff from c&d at the time but they were just a little over $300 they are extremely bright and definitely worth it. You can't even look at them in broad day light they are so bright!