PDA

View Full Version : power washer ?

sunco
06-18-2007, 09:23 AM
I have a gas powered one & I got a big drum filled it w/ water - it won't work. How come ? didn't think you needed to have water pressure - I thought thats what the engine does - so free flowing water didn't work. Is there 2 different kinds of P W er's?

Ghost-Rider
06-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Um,please dont tell me you ran that thing without water....

06-18-2007, 09:47 AM
yep, they need pressure going into them...in laymans terms...they don't suck, they take the water flowing in and push it out harder

moto04racing
06-18-2007, 09:57 AM
you need to have the drum up on something. Trailer, truck Bed, ETC. and the power washer need to be on the ground

Drum up here ______

powerwasher down here_________

chris46250r
06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by moto04racing
you need to have the drum up on something. Trailer, truck Bed, ETC. and the power washer need to be on the ground

Drum up here ______

powerwasher down here_________

Exactly. Gravity is your friend.

sakirocket28
06-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Yep, like they said above..either keep the tank higher then the machine for pressure, or run a hose.in the long run, just hope you didnt burn up your pump running dry.

sunco
06-18-2007, 11:41 AM
The drum was in the bed of the truck & the washer on the ground. Gravity must not be enough cause it didn't work. We're home now & I hooked up to the house spiket & power washed everything. The power washer is working fine. I don't get it?

whiteboycustom
06-18-2007, 12:26 PM
did u just have a hose sitting in the top of the tank or what??? maybe if u had a spicket on the bottom of the drum so it drains from the bottom u will have more presure coming out that way, maybe if u can find a small water electric pumpthat runs off ur truck battery and that will suck water out of the tank and push it to the p/w

chris46250r
06-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sunco
The drum was in the bed of the truck & the washer on the ground. Gravity must not be enough cause it didn't work. We're home now & I hooked up to the house spiket & power washed everything. The power washer is working fine. I don't get it?

Thats the way I do it. I've got a plastic barrel with a house spiket on it, remember to lay the barrel on its side with the spiket on the bottom and OPEN the vent.

sunco
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
chris I did it as you said. barrel , spiket, open top, .....